forum

Does going to the gym actually train stamina?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yurquiz
I know it’s a little weird to ask this but does lifting dumbells or training your arm/hand could slightly improve your stamina in-game?
WitherMite
no, not really, for one lifting really just improves strength and or stimulates muscle growth and two, most improvement in stamina for technical skills like a rhythm game is actually your muscles and brain learning how to do that repetitive motion more efficiently, not getting stronger or getting tired slower.

light cardio could improve your ability to get better though, as it has many mental and physical benefits but you will still need to practice the game to see any improvement.

Generally if you want to get better at any movement or skill the best way to go about it is to just do that movement or skill or some variation of it. play more

(clicked through this from front page, thought it was in STD forum, but pretty sure this applies to mania too)
bananahira

Yurquiz wrote:

I know it’s a little weird to ask this but does lifting dumbells or training your arm/hand could slightly improve your stamina in-game?
no, what improves the stamina, is just playing dense files over time.

i started with charts like St. Scarhand, Still Blastin', and 1 minute charts until i feel comfortable playing them, then i started playing files by Nikosek to train both reaing an stamina skill to get full into -Fullerene and Icyworld charts.

Long story short, if you feel tired on a file, try softapping, don't think about your hands, scalate dense and harder files slowly an stop playing the file if your hand starts hurting,
kaleksi
Not directly, but working out will help you in other ways. Taking good care of your body can effect your energy, mood, and focus. Excersize won't make you better at the game, but it will improve your quality of life overall, which can carry over into the game.
Topic Starter
Yurquiz
Thank you to anyone that replied to my forum
Unknown550
esports player go to gym and it keeps them sharper, sooo...
The Vegeto
e sport players on their way to train stamina with steroids