forum

How far does the keyboard has to be from your body? Does it matter?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yurquiz
(I am a 4* player) When I was 3* star player, I was not really fast so I tested different types of hand positions. And I eventually found out when my keyboard was far from my body, it increased my speed. And I'm wondering: How far you guys put your keyboard when playing mania (if you can, give me tips to be able to play 5* maps)
DeltaNami
Too close and it tends to cause injury in my experience, as the wrist gets cramped and forced into awkward positions. However, if you put it too far out it can drain your stamina like crazy and still end up forcing awkward/harmful movements. My best advice is to find the most ergonomic position for your hands on the keyboard, and put it at a mid range distance to try and mitigate injury and stamina loss.
UltraBlack
Find a confortable position for yourself, everyone uses differents positions, finding a comfortable position is the best thing you can do.
Topic Starter
Yurquiz

Delta386 wrote:

Too close and it tends to cause injury in my experience, as the wrist gets cramped and forced into awkward positions. However, if you put it too far out it can drain your stamina like crazy and still end up forcing awkward/harmful movements. My best advice is to find the most ergonomic position for your hands on the keyboard, and put it at a mid range distance to try and mitigate injury and stamina loss.
I see, that explains why my hands were tired after 10 seconds of streaming. Thank you for responding
teu
i use mine far away from me so i can rest my hands on the desk thats how i gain stamina without getting tired too fast
Haengsyo
My keyboard is far away from me, just far enough to make my elbows bend at around a 50°-ish angle. I also use the widest possible keybinds for my keyboard(zxc [space] left down right). This not only makes my arms feel super relaxed, it doesn’t put my wrist at an awkward angle.
midgy
just do whatever feels comfortable but it is actually somewhat important to keep your elbows slightly above your wrists like how a piano player would