forum

[Proposal / Discussion] Easier BN rejoin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Noffy
Currently, if a BN resigns on good terms or is removed for low activity they are given a short cooldown of 30 days before they can apply to become a BN again (see the relevant wiki).

However, doing so requires going through the probation process again if they do this and pass. This can be discouraging if someone wants to take an extended break like 2-3 months and does not provide much benefit for BNs who have already proven themselves to be competent before.

My proposal is that if a BN resigned on good terms or was removed for activity in the last year, and can pass their application, they can instantly be re-instated as a full beatmap nominator instead of going through probation again.

I've also put up a BN website vote so that those most directly affected (current BNs+NATs) can put their opinions, see here:
Voting for resigned on good terms
Voting for inactivity removal

I'd like to give this thread a week before any decision is made either way, so I encourage anyone interested to post/vote before September 30th 23:59 UTC
Hivie
sounds nice for the "leave on good terms" part but idk about being kicked for inactivity, it should definitely be two separate votes because both cases are pretty different
Secre
Agree with this on the basis of only good terms, I think this should not apply to bns who have been removed for activity.

Probation serves dually as a way to make sure that BNs are meeting both quality and quantity standards, if a bn gets removed for one of those 2 standards then they should have to go through the probation period again, let them prove they have the required activity

tldr; good terms skip probation fine, removed for activity skip probation not fine
Mordred
if you get kicked for activity you should not get full for free when rejoining wtf? you're literally rewarding people for not doing shit that way

the other part is fine
ikin5050
I think being allowed to skip probation doesn't really make sense. Its also not like being probation really hurts most of your duties.

I don't particularly have a problem with this applying to people who want an extended break and resign on good terms but if someone is removed for inactivity I fail to see the logic. Probation is to provide extra help and monitor new recruits to see if they are suitable for their position. Being removed for inactivity literally means you were not doing the job you signed up to do, so you should have to go through probation to prove yourself.
radar
agree with the others! those are 2 separate issues but im all for rewarding well performing bns so that its easier for people to take breaks!
Chatie
what others are saying, probation after leaving on good terms is just wasted time. Being kicked wouldn't be 'on good terms' in any situation?
Topic Starter
Noffy
I've now split the vote in two and updated OP appropriately. Please re-vote if you voted on the original one and thank you guys for giving this topic attention c:
Andrea
Just like the others said, skipping probation imo is a big no if you were removed for inactivity, you didn't prove until the end that you were doing your role fully. As for leaving in good terms is another story though, you fully proved to be capable to do your role properly and smoothly, therefore skipping probation in that scenario is totally reasonable and fair.
-Mo-
Feel like there's been cases where people have just dropped all their activity and eventually removed because they wanted a break but didn't want to resign because getting back in is a pain in the arse.

Keeping penalty for being forcefully removed is probably fine if we strongly encourage people who want a break to actually press the resign button and not just disappear off the face of the earth with no warning.
Topic Starter
Noffy
Looks like vote results are pretty clear for letting people skip if they resigned on good terms, so over the weekend I will be updating the wiki to add this information and other details on BN evaluation that aren't currently on the documentation there. For this please let me know if you have any questions about how things work, and I'll be sure to add it as information where possible.

you can see the full vote results by clicking on the links in the OP, the green outline is just from my personal votes.