forum

More than five combo colors/remove the combo color limit [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Soaprman
I searched for this (query: combo colors inurl:f=4) and surprisingly found nothing... fully expected to see a thread with this shot down!

It's a pretty simple request. I have a map that I'm making where I have a reason to want 26 combo colors... it's something of a medley of many characters' themes and the characters have colors associated with them, see. It's not necessary or anything (and could maybe be done with storyboarding?) but it would be a really nice touch to the people who get it. I understand if you think this is ridiculous. (especially if you saw my last map where I insisted on using just one combo color!)

Please don't just reject this because it could be used to make rainbow deathstreams... (not that I am against this, but it seems like the big reason to shoot this down?)
mm201

8 is what I had in mind. I don't agree with going much higher than this, since the more colours you use, the less impact each one has. Most professional graphics designs don't use all that many distinct colours for this reason.

Finding all the hardcoded instances of 5 is something I was saving for a rainy day.
Shiirn

MetalMario201 wrote:

8 is what I had in mind.
8 is more than perfect. You can have two fully-themed color sets. I remember 5 pissing me off on chipscape since I wanted to have the standard 4-colors plus a black/white for the static.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Ooh, nice. Would you be planning to allow for more via editing the .osu file? It doesn't have to all be crammed into the GUI. I'd definitely agree that most beatmaps have no use for tons of colors... but I say "most" and not "all" because of the map I am making that prompted me to make this thread to begin with. ;)

If not, then hey, I can maybe do more with 8 than with 5. So good either way.
Krisom

MetalMario201 wrote:

I love you like, so much. You don't even know. Or maybe you do, but whatever.
Beuchi

Krisom wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
loli66
Well, i support this feature, but i not can give a vote becuase i not have vote.

and with the topic, this feature is pretty good (i mean) in the game beacuse permited make a map more atrractive for the player, well this is my opinion.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
I think everyone blew all their votes as soon as the feature went up. I know I sure did!
OzzyOzrock
This would make some maps look so pro.
Sinistro
Should also have the ability to set different combo colour schemes per timing section (a request I've had since the beginning).
Ikillforpies
This would be a very good idea~
i would vote for this but I already used my votes D=
Derekku

Krisom wrote:

Ditto. MM <3

Sinistro wrote:

Should also have the ability to set different combo colour schemes per timing section (a request I've had since the beginning).
Oh my God YESSSS. This would be extreeeemely useful, especially when one is only using 1/2 colors once or twice during a map and it's super annoying to manually set nearly every new combo.
Claudia_old
I'd support this, but yeah, i'm out of votes. Weren't we supposed to get new ones to use per month or something?
TKiller
Limitless idea looks more interesting.

And even if going by MM's suggestion, 10 would be more lovely than 8.

Reasonable feature even though wouldn't find that much of a real use.
mm201

(+) Increased combo colour limit to 8.

Limitless involves a significant UI rethink, and would see such limited use there's no real point. Anyone using an obscenely high number of colours is probably doin' it wrong anyway.
OzzyOzrock

MetalMario201 wrote:

(+) Increased combo colour limit to 8.

Limitless involves a significant UI rethink, and would see such limited use there's no real point. Anyone using an obscenely high number of colours is probably doin' it wrong anyway.
YEEEAAAAH!
Galkan
Good to see it added ^^
Derekku
Yessss YESSSSS

<3
arien666
Finally, 7 colors are possible on osu! yay!
Suzoku
omg yes!
Card N'FoRcE
Man, this comes with perfect timing!

Can't wait to get it for the public build ~
Hika
I can honestly say, that's a nice color combo.. I'm not a beatmapper but I like different colors. ;D
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Too bad about no limitless... oh well. 8 is much better than 5. Time to start using test build for mapping~

edit: except it doesn't seem to be in the test build yet. oh wellll