forum

how to delete your map from your profile

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
leosoler
hello, this is a doubt that has been haunting me for quite a while, there are some maps that I uploaded to test how it was. but now I want to delete it, and I can't find how, currently I don't have it downloaded.
Sies
Go to your beatmap discussion page (for example, beatmapsets/1150091/discussion << this is yours). You can see a red "delete" button there.

edit: moved from general discussion. Thanks to our king, King Henry :)
TheKingHenry
worth a note that you can only do it when the map is in graveyard (which happens to be the case with yours here)

also, shouldn't this be in mapping discussion? @GMT
ToS
You only can delete maps when your map becomes a graveyard map.
abraker

Tos wrote:

You only can delete maps when your map becomes a graveyard map.
this must be wrong
MyAngelInazuma
staffs can delete maps in all state including pending, but they wont do it unless your map poses serious issues to be left alive any second longer

amirite abraker
Zelzatter Zero

MyAngelInazuma wrote:

staffs can delete maps in all state including pending
More like GMT can only delete maps that don't have leaderboards.

If they can then stuff like this, this and this wouldn't exist.
Niva
how dmca claims are being handled is not on the GMT/NAT's scope tho. once osu! receives a copyright infraction notice on the copyright@ppy.sh email, going forward all the concerns are going to be handled by... peppy himself mostly iirc (don't quote me on this btw as i'm not 100% sure).

back to the topic itself, this behaviour is actually intentional — this limitation has actually been put in place from osu!'s very early days in order to prevent people abusing the "Upload Beatmap!" button over and over :

either way, if you need your WIP/Pending beatmaps deleted for reasons such as "accidental duplicate upload" or the likes of it, feel free to ask any GMT or NAT members to delete it for you. as long as the request is valid and sensible, we would be more than happy to help. 🤍
Topic Starter
leosoler
thank you all very much, you gave me interesting information ^^