forum

Two quick questions from a noob.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nut King
Hello all. I started playing Osu! yesterday and I wanted to know the answer to two questions.

Question 1

Whenever I press z or x instead of a mouse clock, the cursor stops moving. Is it supposed to do that?

Question 2

Is there any general advice to be a better Osu! player?
Kitsunemimi
I'm not quite sure what's going on in your first problem there. You'll need to provide more information and post in the Help and Support forums for that.

As for your second one, 80% of the osu! community will tell you that the only way to get better at osu! is to practice. Just keep practicing a lot, and eventually, you'll notice an improvement. There are also many technique related threads for specific skills, but you can look for those later I suppose.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and uhh. I think a lot of people will advise you to practice on Insane difficulties or stuff you can't pass. In my own opinion, I like to practice on stuff I can just barely pass (which are Insanes <_<), and that usually does fine for me, while keeping practicing fun. Good luck!
Luna
Possibly the best thing you can do if you want to improve is just play maps that you can barely beat. You will get better faster than you could imagine. Multiplayer matches are great as well, especially if you find a small group around your skill level and meet up with them frequently ^^
Also, stay away from 2007/2008 maps, those are oftentimes badly mapped...

/E: Ninja'd by the edit orz
Kitsunemimi

_Void_ wrote:

/E: Ninja'd by the edit orz
Eheh... Well, I would've had that post up way earlier really... if they weren't raping the school internet routers so much lately...
winber1

Eckoblade wrote:

Question 1

Whenever I press z or x instead of a mouse clock, the cursor stops moving. Is it supposed to do that?
hmmm.. interesting... although I don't have a solution, i had the same problem with my old mouse. Instead of z or x, it was when i pressed right or left click on my old mouse that my osu! cursor froze. It never happened anywhere else but osu. I bought a new mouse and everything was fine (i never really use left and right click anyways, but the problem was fixed nonetheless).
Atelier Nugra

Eckoblade wrote:

Question 2

Is there any general advice to be a better Osu! player?
practice and practice :D
billy96
for Number 1, sorry, doesn't ring a bell

for, Number 2, the more you play, the better!