forum

what does [poster above you]'s mapping style remind you of?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dialect
i'd post this in forum games, but not everyone there is a mapper. anyways, what mapping style does the poster above you's maps remind you of? if the mapper above you maps a different game mode than you or you can't figure out, then just try to guess. i map mainly std, and ik a few mania mappers lmao.

now let's start. there's no one above me, so...
TheKingHenry

MinNin wrote:

i'd post this in forum games, but not everyone there is a mapper

I mean, wouldn't they just not participate if they ain't mappers? Well, I presume some moderator will yeet this to forum games if it is to be so

Also, smooth af way to get people to look at your maps OP. Well, respectable scheme, so I actually went and gave your latest updated map a spin. Reminded me of some jump training maps but with a bit uncommon combo colors lol. Now whether or not that's your style no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Dialect

TheKingHenry wrote:

Also, smooth af way to get people to look at your maps OP. Well, respectable scheme, so I actually went and gave your latest updated map a spin. Reminded me of some jump training maps but with a bit uncommon combo colors lol. Now whether or not that's your style no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hmm, first, your maps just remind me of mazzerin's. even if you mapped a different genre, i'd still get a mazzerin vibe from it. and uhh, yeah, that's my usual style. i usually make sure the combo colors match the theme of the background, so i chose purple because blair has purple hair, brown because the floor had a brownish hue, and blue because it compliments purple.
Zelzatter Zero
tbh why does your map just feels like pp mapping but in Daycore/HT mod...
Asphiee
What is mapping? I have yet to find answers since I just accidentally read something about Charles445 why he quit mapping stuff. Now, I'm kinda wondering if I'm on the right direction. (-̩̩-̩̩͡_-̩̩-̩̩͡)
TheKingHenry

Asphyre wrote:

What is mapping? I have yet to find answers since I just accidentally read something about Charles445 why he quit mapping stuff. Now, I'm kinda wondering if I'm on the right direction. (-̩̩-̩̩͡_-̩̩-̩̩͡)

seems like seriously off-topic question, but in a nutshell mapping is making the maps that people play in this game

but somehow I kind of feel like that's not what you're asking? In any case, if you want more information on that I'd recommend you roam around some FAQs, info stuff and all that on, like, this kind of pages, or start a topic of your own with this question, but let's not discuss this here since this topic is not for that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

whoever posts next - if that happens - give someone from above me a run instead, I already posted here before
Mister

Uraomote Error wrote:

tbh why does your map just feels like pp mapping but in Daycore/HT mod...

some of the sliders and placement of your last updated map reminded me of taeyang, but you have a lot of different slider shapes as well
lewski

Mister wrote:

some of the sliders and placement of your last updated map reminded me of taeyang, but you have a lot of different slider shapes as well

you seem to put a lot of thought into your sliders and movement in general, which I really appreciate
Chiru-kun

lewski wrote:

you seem to put a lot of thought into your sliders and movement in general, which I really appreciate

the fact that you appreciate that is quite cutely present in your mapping to imo. but i'd phrase it as:
very structured curve-style of mapping.
tbh i'm pretty sure i've seen this EXACT style in a map back then... i just can't quite remember the map itself. probably gonna be nostalgia if i remember though.
reminiscent of the 2020 ranked "All of Me" solo-diff (not the map i'm referring to above btw). but you do it faster.

i like how you can confidently map in your kind of style. good luck.
Laxxer
I looked at you Dakara Boku map and it's very promising. I like your use of unique movements.

I don't feel like my current pending maps are a great representation of my style.. They were maps I made when I got my laptop fixed after about a year of no mapping. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OXUUSs3Y5wU5KsZiO6oe-PuAW5LVuPsz/view?usp=sharing I'm currently working on this map though and am really liking it so far (google drive link).
Zelzatter Zero
resurrecting this game because why not.
900th post btw.

imo I really like how you have both aesthetic from the old to the new era.
Topic Starter
Dialect
first, your mapping style is unique. you take generic mapping concepts (like 1-2s and those stuff) and have them represent the music PERFECTLY. second, ig you remind me of piroshki with the small cs obsession
-ANMi-
Out of boredom here it goes, your mapping style kinda remind me of Natsu with some mix of Pantydev maybe. Very straightforward yet effective on emphasizing certain sound. You definitely favor flow more than aesthetic imo

For myself, I don't think I have a certain style other than randomly placed object and just call it a day lmao
Chiru-kun
already played so i don't know if im ok again... i think that this kind of thing should be specified in the OP post. oh well. i think my mapping has drastically changed since Dakara Boku, so it should be a bit different.

-ANMi- wrote:

For myself, I don't think I have a certain style other than randomly placed object and just call it a day lmao
would understand why you think so. it reminds me the kinds of maps i would play in my first year of osu (last year), the "casual, not so much meant for mappers, meant for players who just want to play the opening of their favorite anime" kinds of maps that follow your idea of "hey lets randomly place this here." not bad, but not popping out.

nevertheless, that's a pretty drastic change between your two currently pending maps. nice.
Topic Starter
Dialect
reminds me a lot of kalibe + pishi. you use slightly curved sliders, and then a slider is either placed or rotated adjacent to that slider

you also focus on following the music as perfectly as possible
qwt
Mostly an average map that would get ranked

No problems with it just a generic ENHIXX spread over a 1 - 2 minute long song with simple jump's

And if anyone gonna look at my maps pls look at the newest one as it's one that I wouldn't say is unplayable shit
Uniform
you are reform. actually though you're mapping style (from your latest map) reminds me a bit of ktgster.
-ANMi-

renzthegreat wrote:

would understand why you think so. it reminds me the kinds of maps i would play in my first year of osu (last year), the "casual, not so much meant for mappers, meant for players who just want to play the opening of their favorite anime" kinds of maps that follow your idea of "hey lets randomly place this here." not bad, but not popping out.

nevertheless, that's a pretty drastic change between your two currently pending maps. nice.
I do have structurally map but it's GD and yea the last two beatmap I submitted are completely different forms lol. I have other varieties of map style but most of them aren't submitted even if it's completed. But nevertheless I'm proud having improvement in both playing and mapping in my first year of osu o/

Uniform wrote:

you are reform. actually though you're mapping style (from your latest map) reminds me a bit of ktgster.
Your style resembles your name even more. It's uniform. It's jumpy. Just like fiery maps :3 Albeit I think some pattern that you have in your latest map is more generally used by someone who maps like lasse. Pretty nice to play