forum

Frank's Taiko skin V2.6

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frank7654321
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD YOU HAVE TO KONW:
this skin was meant to go in tandem with Luigi's skin, please overwrite the files from LuigiHann's skin.Also,this skin is for taiko mode only.Had better not use this skin in osumode

download link:http://www.4shared.com/file/4JLAq-bC/taiko.html
English version:http://www.4shared.com/file/vH-TcXMi/taikoEnglish.html
font:http://www.4shared.com/file/_xK4rrAm/taikokanteiryu_0.html

What's new:
V2.5-V2.6:Add English version.some elements in English version were modified by Roley.
V2.33-V2.5:Add three sets of taikoslider and one set of taiko characters.other changes.

preview

pause

fail:

rankingpanel:

I modified the taiko skin V6 made by luigihann,make it more like the taiko original.So I made Japanese icon such as“modoru”(back).
I just modified some part of the skin, spinner icon ,section pass/fail icon and silderpoint icon I didn't modified,so you can use those icon in taiko skinV6 or modified by yourself,I didn't modified hitsounds also.

This is Sakuya Ares, my friend Frank cannot connect to Internet now, so this update is written by me.
arien666
It seems like LuigiHann vs Frank7654321 :3
Good luck for this skin >.>
Zekira
Trying this one out.

EDIT: please put somewhere in the post that this skin was meant to go in tandem with Luigi's skin; there are a lot of missing skin parts as I tried to put these in a separate folder, not realizing that I had to overwrite the files from LuigiHann's skin while retaining its other elements.
Topic Starter
Frank7654321
@Zekira:Sorry for hearing that.Now fixed,sorry for my poor English.
OnosakiHito
Thank you for this nice skin! I'm using it now! :)
Good Job!!
Sander-Don
good skin (´・ω・`)
Herschel
GJ~ :D
Nice skin !
Shino
+1 kudosu for your great work ( o_o)b
Zekira
Also warn them that the osu! 300,100, 50 hitbursts will disappear if you put this skin (since you apparently overwrote them?)
Topic Starter
Frank7654321
@Zekira
Oh,sorry I forgot it,this skin is for taiko mode only,Thank you for reminding me.Now fixed
Rokodo
Good job not crediting Roley for the score numbers.

Thief.
Topic Starter
Frank7654321

Rokodo wrote:

Thief.
I have seen Roley make the score numbers here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36001&start=105 but I don't use that score number image, the score number images in my skin is made by myself because I have the taiko font.I think you misunderstand something.
roleykatsu

Frank7654321 wrote:

I think you misunderstand something.
No, he didn't.

Both the image numbers I made on the thread posted in the hyperlink above ^ and the images used in the one you package have the same kerning and pixel values.

Proof.:

The only difference between the two is that you replaced "score-x.png" with a Japanese character as used in the TnT games (as highlighted by a grey square on the left window). But, if you scroll up the window which consists of the taiko skin you bundle, you see "default-x.png", which is this:

And what do you know; "default-comma.png", "default-dot.png", and "default-percent.png" are the exact same too. The only difference you saw in this post was that the score-numbers I originally made were altered with a yellow-orange gradient overlay just to make it look a bit nicer and to match some score-numbers seen in some Taiko no Tatsujin games like DS2 or DS3.

The only thing you altered in the score-numbers was the .ini file for the skin, where you changed the following code:
ScoreOverlap: 3
into this code:
ScoreOverlap: 7

The bottom line is, if you want to use my, or anyone's, (for that matter) skin elements in a skin you made, go ahead. But please credit the user who originally made the elements on the skin thread or in a notepad file in the skin folder instead of claiming it as your own.

How would you like it if someone were to take the skin elements you made, perhaps alter them by the slightest extent, and then claiming those skin elements as their own, hmm? It would leave the original creator feel disgusted and betrayed, and the user who stole the elements as pathetic.

That is all.

And yes, I'm pissed off. This is the first time I had to bust or prove someone wrong in the osu! Forum, and I'm disappointed that I had to do it now, in this scenario.
Azusa Nakano
This font anybody may use, frank used the font to manufacture png not to represent the plagiarism
Sakuya Ares

Rokodo wrote:

Thief.

umm, I think, you call someone THIEF without proof at that time, that's quite wrong, friend.
roleykatsu

Azusa Nakano wrote:

This font anybody may use, frank used the font to manufacture png not to represent the plagiarism
Do understand that frank is plagiarizing the score-numbers I originally made using the font DFPKANTEIRYU-XB.TTF. I, along with some other users were the first to use this font shortly after I originally posted the font download in the aquabluu taiko forum thread.

The point is, I worked hard to make the score-numbers the way to look today, and by using the same score-numbers in another skin without crediting the original creator of the said elements is basically an "f*** you" statement.
Rokodo
No, you're wrong for denying stealing graphics, or at least plagiarizing their look.

It still takes effort to make the graphics and any sources or inspiration should be credited.

These still look stolen to me though.
OnosakiHito
Rokodo, honestly just be quite this time please and let Roley disscuss with Frank. Just do it... makes me mad what are you sometimes talking about. = ="""
@Roley: It is little bit weird, I will nothing say much about it, but he made the hole skin by him self, why he should use your numbers now?
Just asking, nothing more.
Sakuya Ares
okay, guys. I'm frank's friend, now I must tell you something to finish this.
(My english is poor, sorry, but I hope you will not misunderstand my words.)

First, to Rokodo, I hope you can clam down and wait for a good endding.Be a outlier you can prove nothing, all your words are just a guess. Such number style is so simple thar everyone would bethink of it easily.

Second, frank is offline, the time is midnight now in our country, so next I'll upload a new version, there is a PSD file in the RAR pack, so Roley, you can check it out.

Frank's skin is based on LuigiHann's, but frank has redraw a lots elements, and you can find LuigiHann in INI file.

So much complex elements that frank redrawed, and why, only the digits image seems like copied from Roley? Is it necessary?

I'll update the skin pack for him, because frank cannot connect the network now, unpack it and check it out, the images are really made by himself, although this and TaikonoTatsujin's oringal style are almost the same.
Bittersweet

Rokodo wrote:

No, you're wrong for denying stealing graphics, or at least plagiarizing their look.
So, both are plagiarizing the original game :v
Just saying, i dont wanna get involved x3
roleykatsu

Roley wrote:

The bottom line is, if you want to use my, or anyone's, (for that matter) skin elements in a skin you made, go ahead. But please credit the user who originally made the elements on the skin thread or in a notepad file in the skin folder instead of claiming it as your own.
Did I say that Frank can't use my score-numbers? No I didn't. I clearly stated that if he wants to use it, he could use it, but CREDIT THE ORIGINAL CREATOR.

As I stated earlier, the font that was used for the score-number skin elements along with the elements Frank solely created was the font called "DFPKanTeiRyu-XB.ttf", , and is available to download from uudsic, MediaFire, and I'm pretty sure lots of other places too. Frank, along with some other osu! members (including myself), has downloaded the font to use to make the altered Taiko skin, hence why it may look like the score-numbers he includes in his skin is his, and not mine. It's not his. You can download Frank's skin and the authentic taiko score-numbers I released in this post and you will notice that:

• 1. The pixel dimensions for "score-0.png", "score-1.png" and so forth matches the pixel dimensions for the corresponding numbers in Frank's skin
    2. The smoothing and kerning of each score-number in both bundles are the same
    3. The only difference between the two is that "score-x.png" in Frank's skin is different from the one I made; the one he made is , while the one I made is
    >>>, however, is still used as "default-x.png" in Frank's skin.
    >>>The 回 "score-x.png" that Frank made, moreover, has a different kind of edge smoothing technique than any other score-number I made. If I were to do the same "score-x.png" for 回, it would look like this:
And don't you dare steal that 回 I just made.

Bottom line is, and look now I have to repeat myself again, just credit the original creator before using their content in your own skin, map, or ANYTHING. Even if they are just score-numbers, I put effort and time into carefully rendering the score-numbers to look neat and usable, and the score-numbers are one of the most important skin elements to a skin. If you just have the decency to credit the original creator, everything will be settled. I shouldn't have to spend time proving and creating giant posts just to prove a point.
OzzyOzrock
such big deal
Topic Starter
Frank7654321
1.I didn't get the font from you.I hardly ever visit the osu forum in the past two years and have never view the thread you said.I get the font from other place.
2.About the score number image,I have to say it's a coincidence.I download your score number image after you post the link in this thread, then found that they're almost the same,But I must say it's a coincidence, whatever. I have no way to prove myself right, so for now, what I can do is to change the score number image. This time I make all numbers 40X50 pixel, not every number has its own size as the first time I make. I post the PSD file in V2.5 and you can check it out.I don't konw if these can let you believe me but I hope things for the better.
3.Not only you work hard in the skin.I spend over 2 months on this skin, find elements,modified and test.In the beginning,I want to make a skin that can use in all mode so I made two sets of number images: defalt0-9 and score 0-9,but I found that if I want to make the skin more authentic,I have to make hit0-300 image transparent.So my dicision is this skin only use in taiko mode,but at that time I've already modified some images that only appear in osu mode such as play-warningarrow and defalt numbers.Some useless images I delete before I post in osu forum but some of them I fogot.That's why you find default-x in the skin V2.33.
4.I have been imitating the style of TaikonoTatsujin's original style. At the begining of production, I ever have an idea that change the score font when get more than 100combo. But in osu, we can use only one font style, so I give up. I believe Roley have the same idea, so the problem about who copied whom is meaningless. If we must find out the answer, that is we both copied the TaikonoTatsujin's original style.

As you, your number images have copied by others without notification will make you unpleasant. But for me, spend 2 month on the skin but be treated as a thief also make me so sad. So I think, we should understand each other, and this will be the best choice.

Thanks Sakuya Ares help me to upate.
Sakuya Ares
@Roley, in my view, Frank just make the style looks more close to the origin Taiko game, not copied anyone's production, he made these PNGs by himself without your idea, although you cannot trust this, but why he must credit about you.
You and Frank both copied the oringin Taiko game, but why you said that number image is your original made? In fact this is TAIKO NO TATSUJIN original on arcade platfrom.
roleykatsu
This must be a very rare coincidence, but whatever; I don't want to argue anymore about this, it's not leading to anywhere.

I'd rather help out and make this Taiko skin better than argue about score-numbers and such.

So, here is a collection of images I fixed up from the previous version of the skin; it can be downloaded here.

I would provide the previews of the images in this post but there are more than 20 images in the archive so it'd be best to download the archive and check it out on the computer. :)

Edit:

Sakuya Ares wrote:

In fact this is TAIKO NO TATSUJIN original on arcade platfrom.
I was referring to the score-numbers Frank and I made to replicate the numbers used in the original Taiko no Tatsujin games on the DS/Wii/PS2/Arcade platform. Neither score-numbers are original, they're just replications. An example of original would be the ones LuigiHann originally included in Taiko V6.0, using the font typeface . Anyway, enough with the arguments and battles or whatnot. I don't have the energy nor will to continue to prove who is right or wrong or et cetera, so from here on I would like to help out to make this taiko skin better than it already is.
Moefu_old
keep up~
Topic Starter
Frank7654321
V2.6 update.Add English version.thanks roley modified icon.

If you have any ideas or suggestions about the skin,post in this thread.Let us discuss and make this skin better.If you find something wrong in the skin,post in this thread also.I will try my best to fix it.
roleykatsu
I seem to have forgotten to include some other skin elements in which I added in an English translation to the previous archive; so here are the three images posted individually in the box below:

More Translated Skin Elements
(selection-mods-over.png)
(menu-back.png)
(play-skip.png)

Also, I found a small issue with one of the skin elements:
<-- The very bottom of the image is cut off by the pixel boundaries; if you can, please try re-making this image in a larger canvas to avoid having the bottom cut off. Other than that, the image is flawless.
Cristian
GREAT JOOOOOOOB :)
mekadon_old
I still like the old tamashii bar but meh, this one is still good ;3
Pesar
Awesome,was very good, my friend taiko player, loved
I also :)

suggestion:combo buster used:

Don e katu
*not the specific image
Natteke
Awesome QwQ
Azure_Kite
Since it appears that the argument has quietened down, I'm not going to say anything. Other than, if someone is using a public font, and someone uses a fontstyle that (naturally) would look like something made from another skin, It is a dick move to try and claim it as your own work.

If it's a public font, since we're all using the same font objects (0-1,.%x etc) there's generally a rather high probability that this kinda thing can happen. Especially if you're trying to replicate an exact look, for example, Taiko no Tatsujin.

However, now that that's out, it's time for the commendations!

This Taiko skin looks great, Frank, and Roley, too for the English versions you have provided. I'll definitely be sure to test it out.
Sander-Don
I noticed some black stains on the old pause-continue button so, i took them out.
Add this new one in if you wanna~

show more