forum

osu!macOS Agent - A macOS tool for using and troubleshooting osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Do not post installation issues in this thread. Open a help thread or reply on the thread where you found the Wineskin.

osu!macOS Agent is a tool designed for troubleshooting macOS installation issues and contains some other miscellaneous features.

Features
  1. Automatically move maps from the Downloads folder.
  2. Automatically move skins from the Downloads folder.
  3. Automatically open replays from the Downloads folder.
  4. Button to manually update osu! executable
  5. Button to open the osu! folder

Troubleshooting checks
  1. Compatibility mode
  2. Wineskin detect Direct3D
  3. System Integrity Protection
  4. Supported engine version
  5. Log file errors
  6. Quarantine attribute
  7. Execute flag
  8. Razer Synapse

Some of these checks are automatically fixable (most importantly, the quarantine attribute that prevents osu! from opening). A complete list of checks performed is available on the project page: https://github.com/Techno-coder/osu-macOS-Agent.

Download page (click the zip file): osu-macOS-Agent/releases/tag/refs/heads/master
Alternative link: https://mega.nz/file/Eot2GDhb#b-D_9mVRvxWU7qmuWeEsLoFmPLUBlGGX0XlxLWauwrw

Please submit any issues with installing osu! itself on my Wineskin page:
community/forums/topics/1106057
or open a help thread with the label macOS.
Do not post installation issues here.

Installation steps
  1. Download the zip file from one of the above download links
  2. Extract the zip file by double clicking on it
  3. Right click on the extracted application and press Open
  4. Click on the open button if it appears, otherwise:
  5. Press cancel on the dialog that appears
  6. Open System Preferences and click on Security & Privacy
  7. Click Open Anyway
  8. Click Open on the dialog that shows
Troubleshooting steps
  1. Click on the Select button
  2. Select the osu! application and press Open
  3. Click on the Troubleshoot tab
  4. Click the Scan button
  5. Click the Repair button
  6. Click the Copy Report button to copy a report to the clipboard
Sample Report
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G103)
Engine: WS9Wine2.22
Wineskin 2.6.2
Release: Stable40
Quarantine attribute is absent
Detect Direct3D is disabled
Compatibility mode is disabled
Razer Synapse is absent
System Integrity Protection is enabled
Engine version is supported
[Warning] Errors in: update.log
2019-12-10T05:18:32: _pending\discord-rpc.dll => discord-rpc.dll: FAIL
2019-12-10T05:18:33: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2019-12-10T05:49:40: _pending\discord-rpc.dll => discord-rpc.dll: FAIL
2019-12-10T05:49:40: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2019-12-11T11:50:02: osu!.exe: MISMATCH
2019-12-11T11:50:21: _pending\discord-rpc.dll => discord-rpc.dll: FAIL
2019-12-11T11:50:21: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2019-12-11T11:50:21: _pending\osu!seasonal.dll => osu!seasonal.dll: FAIL
2019-12-11T11:50:21: _pending\osu!ui.dll => osu!ui.dll: FAIL
2019-12-16T11:27:17: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2019-12-16T11:28:26: _pending\osu!seasonal.dll => osu!seasonal.dll: FAIL
2019-12-16T11:28:26: _pending\osu!ui.dll => osu!ui.dll: FAIL
2019-12-27T09:32:54: osu!.exe: MISMATCH
2019-12-27T09:33:33: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL
2019-12-27T09:33:34: _pending\osu!seasonal.dll => osu!seasonal.dll: FAIL
2019-12-27T09:33:34: _pending\osu!ui.dll => osu!ui.dll: FAIL
2020-03-15T04:04:15: bass.dll: MISMATCH
No errors in: runtime.log

Bug reports
Found a bug or something you're confused about? Reply to this thread or submit an issue here: https://github.com/Techno-coder/osu-macOS-Agent/issues

Feature requests
Is there a feature or suggestion that you think might be helpful? Reply to this thread or submit it here: https://github.com/Techno-coder/osu-macOS-Agent/issues

Contributing
Users: If your osu! installation is working and the report shows an error (not a warning) please post your report as a reply to this thread.
Developers: Bug fixes and miscellaneous changes are welcome and can be submitted on the project page.

Technical information
This project was built using C# with Xamarin. The Github releases are built directly from the Github Actions continuous integration pipeline which can be found here: https://github.com/Techno-coder/osu-macOS-Agent/blob/master/.github/workflows/main.yml which guarantees that no malicious code is present in the final artefact (you are encouraged to check the code yourself and submit any fixes or feature additions!).

Release notes
  1. 8/3 - Extract skins on file watch
  2. 18/3 - Add execute flag check
  3. 18/3 - Add button to update executable
  4. 30/3 - Add automatic replay open
  5. 15/7 - Fix integrity and Direct3D check for new system versions
  6. 12/10 - Add stricter quarantine attribute check
  7. 12/10 - Restrict selectable items by file extension
  8. 11/11 - Fix strict filename replacement (thanks @Death)
  9. 22/1 - Add wrapper quarantine check and support new engines
  10. 1/2 - Unconditionally disable GPU detection
en mode caca
Huh, i can't start the program. I followed the instructions. But still nothing
Topic Starter
Technocoder

RaThley wrote:

Huh, i can't start the program. I followed the instructions. But still nothing

What version of macOS are you on?

Edit: And by nothing, do you mean no icon or windows show up in the Dock or anywhere else?

Edit: Fixed in newest release. I had forgotten to check for the existence of the preferences file before reading from it.
SempaiWaifu
in my scan i have 2 errors and it says System Integrity Protection is enabled and must be disabled for 64 bit Wine engines.

2#
Engine is outdated for systems newer than Catalina and must be Updated.

idk what this means and im not a coder idk if im missing something or if i did something wrong. i just recently updated to the newest version on mac and regret it because it does not support 32Bit games idk if Osu is 32Bit or not.
i just really want to play osu again. :(
Topic Starter
Technocoder
For future reference, issues with installing osu! itself should be posted on my unofficial Wineskin page: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/682197 or by opening a help thread with macOS in the title.
Please paste the full report next time as well by clicking on the Copy Report button.
You need to use the Catalina Wineskin build: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/posts/7367239. Follow all the instructions in that post.
_fluffyy
When I repaired, it said it fixed the quarantine issue, but osu! still won't open. When I scanned again, no errors came up. Help?

edit: nothing on the troubleshooting page worked either
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Technocoder wrote:

issues with installing osu! itself should be posted on my unofficial Wineskin page: community/forums/topics/682197 or by opening a help thread with macOS in the title.

Please paste the full report.
SPM37
this may not be related to the actual program but there has been an unofficial update in wineskin wich is in v2.9.0.6 in wich importing skins or beatmaps in osk is imposbile unless you drag it to the actual window wich is a problem with retina mode..... as for the osu!macOS agent its working fine so far except that when i checked to automatically move skins/beatmaps to osu! folder it takes it way too literally by dragging the osk file its not a problem for beatmaps but its is for skins since they need to be imported via osu itself or by extracting the skin inside the .osk file
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Thanks for the feedback! I don't know anything about Wineskin 2.9.0.6 but it seems that it should still be possible to import and skins and maps by dragging them into the folder directly. I've updated the application to extract skins instead of moving the file directly.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

WanderingKitten wrote:

can we have a "automatically play replays from the downloads folder" button or some other way to play them?

Edit: Added in latest release.

I've thinking about this for the past day or so. There's three main approaches that I can think of.

1. Fixing the .osr file extensions on the Wineskins themselves
This is probably the best and most elegant solution to the problem. At the moment, you can't drag beatmaps or skins directly onto the osu! icon due to the file extensions not being set properly (I think they became broken sometime around Alpha release). Peppy's 2019 Wineskin and hence, my Catalina build seem to have the file extensions set properly though (but not for replays yet).

Thankfully, I can probably back port the file extensions through my troubleshooter. Need to set some configuration files in the Wineskin.

2. Spoofing the file drag event into the osu! window.
Dragging maps and skins (and hopefully replays) into the osu! window still works for all Wineskin versions. I just need to find a way to spoof the dragging. This is probably not a good idea because it'd be reliant on some pretty obscure macOS APIs (might even need accessibility permissions).

3. Manually loading the replays into osu!
Manually moving songs and skins into the game folder is already "an unsupported pattern" (https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/436) so this is probably not a good idea. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on how osu! handles the storage of replays so it'd take some digging. The most relevant thread I've found for this is this one: community/forums/topics/350137 but the solution for that is just to open all the replays with a delay (which depends on option 1).

I'll try and see if I can get one of these options working.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

WanderingKitten wrote:

thank you! and is there a way to update the troubleshooter? or do I have to reinstall it?

I don't have a way to automatically update the troubleshooter at the moment (it's a bit complicated to get working due to how such an update would work) so it's probably best to reinstall it manually.

Edit: Haven't been able to fully test it out so please let me know how it goes once you've given it a try.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

WanderingKitten wrote:

Technocoder wrote:

Edit: Haven't been able to fully test it out so please let me know how it goes once you've given it a try.

it didn't work :(

Weird, it works for me (tested using top play of Liquid). You're sure you have the beatmap installed for whatever replay you want to view? (otherwise it won't work). What replay file are you trying to view? (and what map is it from?)

Edit: It's not necessary but it also works best when osu! is open. The replay should disappear from your Downloads folder.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
If you hover over a play on the scoreboard: beatmapsets/123593#osu/315552, there's three dots that appear to the right. When you click on it there's an option to download the replay.

Figured out the issue. Having spaces in the replay file name breaks it (I should have quoted the file name in the command to be executed). I'll push out a fix as soon as possible.

Edit: Fixed in latest release
Topic Starter
Technocoder

WanderingKitten wrote:

edit: how can i do this ingame? i want to download a local one, I'm able to watch but idk how to download

Download a local... replay? Not sure what you're asking here. From my limited knowledge of replays you can export a replay using F2 which will appear in the Replays folder inside of the osu! folder. If you want to watch a replay that's on the global leaderboard you can already do that in game? I'm not sure you can download any replay from within the game.
WuDini
Total noob question but It's not letting me click on the repair or the scan button... am i missing something? Edit: Ok figured it out sorry, what do I do after I copy the report? do i do anything with it?
Xinnoh
holy shit you are a legend

been editing on fallback until this point, never thought I'd be able to have a useable version of stable.
Rose_1029
I followed all the instructions on your page, but when I tried it, it still says that either its damaged or the developer can't be verified.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Rose_1029 wrote:

I followed all the instructions on your page, but when I tried it, it still says that either its damaged or the developer can't be verified.
Make sure you right click it before pressing open. Otherwise, open System Preferences and go to Security & Privacy and see if there's an Open Anyway button on the bottom right. If there isn't please specify what version of macOS you have.
Xinnoh
so the game is completely fine when running, but I have to open the game twice while launching because the first launch always gives a crash on startup. Any known fix for that?
error message
System.BadImageFormatException: Bad format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at #=zVzZEJwSfX8rhhYGaBH4ztcQ=.#=zEEvDq9yCgVO2w8_UCA==(Int32 #=z5F_KtTI=, #=z3JIgc3$1C3Aciimz3eYuASBBkqYNlPt1VuuAqH1RZwJL& #=zpV6GAMA=)
at #=zVzZEJwSfX8rhhYGaBH4ztcQ=.#=zPENisgvEj3uF3_XoGg==(Int32 #=z5F_KtTI=, #=zMhlPtxzTmuV$OnDkc8yBF6hzNa5ERLDDlexJdR8= #=zpV6GAMA=)
at #=zVzZEJwSfX8rhhYGaBH4ztcQ=.#=zyt5UvooC1w0IDpFl_A==()
at #=zpHS89JrXlNOylB9deA==.#=z8ExHeQpQlDAS(String #=zI4hCMrQNKprx, Boolean #=zHQBob6Q=)
at #=z99O2WKoQ9W2RDDgoeQ==.#=zOybA9OYvNsrf()
at #=z99O2WKoQ9W2RDDgoeQ==..ctor(String #=zYbKDEe8=)
at #=zdov7JS$3zM6_HISSqg==.#=zWn6V_SzkvBKY(String #=zaRVEwHPugOCA, Boolean #=z_25yEIuYDwEkLiJOQbqLLDU=, Boolean #=zWFKeioJwtzG3$vvE9w==)

Version 10.15.4 (Build 19E287)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1
Wineskin 2.9.0.2
Execute flag is present
System Integrity Protection is disabled
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: update.log is absent
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Sinnoh wrote:

so the game is completely fine when running, but I have to open the game twice while launching because the first launch always gives a crash on startup. Any known fix for that?
This is a fix I posted on a while ago but looks like no one has tried it: community/forums/posts/7443024
If you decide to try it please let me know if it works.
YoNoM_old_1
So watching your video and following all your instructions, I am still having the same problem with my Osu! and it still constantly freezes, from the report, I got this:
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G5033)
Engine: WS9Wine2.22
Wineskin 2.6.2
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
No errors in: update.log
I'm not sure what is wrong or what to do after but my entire computer freezes the moment I press osu and it is really annoying would you know how to help? THank you
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Technocoder wrote:

issues with installing osu! itself should be posted on my unofficial Wineskin page: community/forums/topics/682197 or by opening a help thread with macOS in the title.
Use a newer Wineskin: community/forums/posts/6919344
Kokokadai
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Internal error
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at #=z4I3KCEksqkgSWqebGw==.#=zn0Mvpj8=(Boolean #=zTDsblAgkPESn, Exception #=zm_X_HIw=)
at #=zNa6QRQp92cwET89oWmaNhZQ=.#=zhT4jT7oRJP_0(Object #=zdw4ikmk=, EventArgs #=zm_X_HIw=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
its say osu Crashes!
Topic Starter
Technocoder
I don't know how I can make this clearer:

Technocoder wrote:

Press restart osu! after the game launches. Alternatively, try seeing if the steps here work: community/forums/posts/7443024
harrlol_old
Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
[Error][Fixed] Quarantine attribute is present
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is enabled
Game user configuration is absent
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: runtime.log is absent
Topic Starter
Technocoder

harrlol wrote:

Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
[Error][Fixed] Quarantine attribute is present
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is enabled
Game user configuration is absent
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: runtime.log is absent
Your report shows that the error was fixed. Am I to understand that it wasn't working before you fixed it? If that's the case then there's no bug with osu!macOS Agent.
Troopwizard
beatmaps are not being automatically downloaded and when i manually upload it, it says that the song is missing and that I shouldn't manually put it in.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Troopwizard wrote:

beatmaps are not being automatically downloaded and when i manually upload it, it says that the song is missing and that I shouldn't manually put it in.
What do you mean by "downloaded" and "upload"? The agent only moves beatmaps from the Downloads folder to the Songs folder. Can you post the exact error message? (and the beatmap you're trying to import)
show more