forum

Regarding "Do NOT Abuse This Subforum" and its current enforcement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Involute
According to the following thread https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/21552 , it is discouraged to spam modding requests, at more than 5 per every few (12) hours. However, given the post was made 10 years ago, it is a question whether this warning still holds up today; 10 years is a lot of time for things to change, and osu! has certainly grown its player base a lot in that time! Occasionally, you see a few mappers post from a few more to quite a lot more requests than the warning advises, which again makes it seem this warning is barely enforced now.

So, is the warning of (about?) 5 requests per 12 hours still a thing? If not, then what is considered reasonable of requests I can do, in good faith, before risking a gruelling exile to the modding queue modding queue? That way, I'd know whether or not I'm needlessly reducing the rate at which I receive mods :)

Cheers!
Serizawa Haruki
As far as I know, you don't really get punished for "spamming" modding queues, at least nowadays. However, it is recommended to read the rules of each queue before posting in it.