forum

Just some questions (CTB)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yunami
Zephirine
I'll ignore the question about maps because I am not a mapper and have no idea about that.

There is no such thing as the "most important" AR. It all depends on what YOU want to develop. Some players like playing nomod in which case ar9-9.8 is what you would want to develop. Others like low ar HD so they develop ar 6-8. Some like to play fast and play ar9+ with dt (ar10.3+). Thus, the "most important" ar depends on what you want to learn.

It's not really a bad habit to jump from ar10 to 8 and vice versa. I jump from ar10 to ar4.6 dt a lot (I play EZDT when bored) and actually doing this has helped me get used to a relatively wide range of ar (in my own opinion). You can stick to 1 ar for some time if you want to get used to it. This is what I did with AR10. It helped me get used to reading ar10.

It's not necessary to learn it early on imo. Just focus on what you can do right now and improve little by little from there. If you are comfortable with 9.2, try aiming for 9.4 and then 9.6 and so on until you reach ar10. It's not something you need to learn very early on, but something you'll need eventually if you want to play hard rock.
Topic Starter
Yunami

Zephirine wrote:

I'll ignore the question about maps because I am not a mapper and have no idea about that.

There is no such thing as the "most important" AR. It all depends on what YOU want to develop. Some players like playing nomod in which case ar9-9.8 is what you would want to develop. Others like low ar HD so they develop ar 6-8. Some like to play fast and play ar9+ with dt (ar10.3+). Thus, the "most important" ar depends on what you want to learn.

It's not really a bad habit to jump from ar10 to 8 and vice versa. I jump from ar10 to ar4.6 dt a lot (I play EZDT when bored) and actually doing this has helped me get used to a relatively wide range of ar (in my own opinion). You can stick to 1 ar for some time if you want to get used to it. This is what I did with AR10. It helped me get used to reading ar10.

It's not necessary to learn it early on imo. Just focus on what you can do right now and improve little by little from there. If you are comfortable with 9.2, try aiming for 9.4 and then 9.6 and so on until you reach ar10. It's not something you need to learn very early on, but something you'll need eventually if you want to play hard rock.

i really appreciate this, thanks
I CAN FC
3*>4*>5*>6*
8.x>9>9.1~9.3>9.4~9.5>9.6

9.7^=hell
CatzerTM
about ar. i would say ar9 would be a good kickstart. as you get better try bumping it up more and more until you reach ar10 instead of just jumping straight into it. I've done it before. not a fun experience. like zephirine said it really depends on what aiming to reach.

From my experience in mapping. there are three ways in which a map is judged. By a set criteria, Overall appeal, and individual appeal. these play a role in determining a "good" map. technically a map is rankable once it has passed all the guidlines and rules taken into consideration when mapping however at times debates might happen. like for example someone decides to make a map with a sort "gimmick" like having all diffs of the same ar or circle size or having weird but fairly acceptable patterns. this is where individual and overall appeal comes in. individual appeal is a single person's point of view towards said map while overall appeal is what's the overall community thought of it. Long story short there is not such thing as a perfect map. what you might think is a good map other might find it flawed. that's just how it is. it's all up to you.
He Ang CTB
Agree with Catzer about AR. AR9 is your bread & butter, it's like a default weapon in FPS or a meta hero in MOBA. It is not good in all situations & in many it will be completely outclassed, but it suffice that if you master it you will nevertheless be far above average. The good thing about AR9 is that you can go either way fairly easily if you've really got the gist of the catcher at AR9, bump it up to AR10 or reduce to AR8. If you start off farming AR10 then AR8 will become nearly unreadable, and vice versa if you farm AR8 only. Mastery in AR9 gives you a bulky spread of coverage & versatility. It mitigates your frustration of becoming a one trick pony that's good at a small set of things but utterly overwhelmed at anything slightly beyond those comfort zones, then find yourself later caught between a rock and a hardplace to sacrifice your current skillset to make up for your humongous gasp in everything else.