forum

OT Presidential Election 2020 - Second Phase

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

OT President election 2020

~Second phase~

This is the 2nd phase of the 2020 OT Presidential Election.
This thread will serve as a place for candidates to answer questions from OT denizens and to have debates regarding the election.

Candidates whom doesn't show up to this thread, or would take too long to show up will be disqualified and the election will continue with the remaining candidates.
Candidates doesn't have to answer all questions if they don't want to. However, failure to answer any questions will result in disqualification.
Failure to answer questions 3 times will lead to disqualification.
Candidates are not allowed to use representatives for this phase of the election and must show up in person to continue their campaign.

For more details regarding election and campaign rules, please check out the 'OT Presidential Election 2020 - First Phase' thread.
You can find it here: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1025794

Good luck to all candidates.

Glory to OT!

The following candidates are to be summoned to this thread:

- Ashton [Present]
- Zain Sugieres [DISQUALIFIED]
- abraker [Present]
- samX500 [Present]
- Keremaru [Present]
Ashton
I present my presence
samX500
I am present for our denizen to question me about my plans for OT.
abraker
🎁
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

NOTICE

Only 3 out of 5 candidates have showed up at the moment of this notice.
Messages have been sent to other remaining candidates. Should they not show up, or would take too long to show up, they'll be disqualified and the election will continue with the remaining candidates.

Candidates Zain Sugieres and Keremaru will have 2 more days to answer their summons.

Glory to OT!
abraker
Tad, I just reread the post description and realized the huge inconvenience you are instating upon the fellow denizens by not including a link to the First Phase thread.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

abraker wrote:

Tad, I just reread the post description and realized the huge inconvenience you are instating upon the fellow denizens by not including a link to the First Phase thread.

I was lazy okay.

Anyways fixed.
Zain Sugieres
ok
keremaru
hi
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Now that all presidential candidates are present, we can proceed to the questions from denizens.

The first question is from an anonymous denizen to all candidates.

Is Maclanky used in the creation of slime girls?

The second question also came from an anonymous denizen to candidate Zain Sugieres specifically.

Before the 2020 Presidential Elections, you haven’t posted in OT for over 8 months, neither replies nor new topics. How can we trust that you will actively help and improve OT, if you are the most inactive candidate?

All candidates will have one day to post their answers.
Candidates can also comment on other candidates' answers and start debates.

Any denizen who wishes to ask the candidates questions can still do so by messaging me directly either via the forum's mail box, chat box or through Discord messages.
Ashton
I have not delved into the area of the creation of slime girls, so I have no knowledge of what should be used to create them.

My scientific expertise lies in mechanical engineering. I have only completed biology/chemistry classes up to the grade 12 level. The creation of slime girls is too complex for me to understand.
abraker
I dont believe I am qualified to answer questions in slimegirlology. A have degrees in shitposting, anomalies, and strange energy, not in slimegirls.
samX500
Much like the above two candidate, I am not knowledgeable about the creation process for slime girls.
keremaru
Unlike the past three candidates before me, I indeed understand the process of creating slime girls. Though it may seem odd to point out, Maclunkey (an alternate name for Maclanky) is a pinnacle character in the Star Wars franchise. Though his purpose is unknown, it is the point of his ambiguous function that creates such a great character dynamic for such a stale character. However, even in his specialty, I do not believe that Maclunkey is required to be used in the creation of slime girls. Note that I mentioned requirements. Yes, slime girls are indeed tangible beings that can only consciously exist by way of genetic coding, but this aforementioned genetic coding can come from any living creature, theoretically. That means that you, me, the whole galaxy, can create a slime girl once the technology is developed enough to allow the creation of slime girls. So by technicality, yes; Maclunkey, or Maclanky, is used in the creation of slime girls, though not required.
Thank you.
levesterz
Hmm slime
Zain Sugieres
Before the 2020 Presidential Elections, you haven’t posted in OT for over 8 months, neither replies nor new topics. How can we trust that you will actively help and improve OT, if you are the most inactive candidate?

lol
abraker
^ If you think our current lazy bones president did anything this year wait till you see how much of nothing this guy will do.

As if I will allow that. If you do become president, Zain, be ready to be highlighted as much as I highlighted President Achromalia to get shit done. I can only hope you wouldn't resign shortly after becoming president. This technically goes for any candidate here.

Fellow denizens, you need someone who cares about OT and about you. Someone who will listen to what you have to say. Someone you believe will do their best to make OT more enjoyable.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Since all candidates have answered, let's move on to the next questions.

These questions didn't come from any denizens but were picked by me, as to provide denizens with a more clear visual of what each candidates' characteristics, attitude, beliefs and proficiency.

First question:
Many of the hardest decisions in the OT Government won’t be consensus decisions. What will inform your decision making?

Second question:
What are the keys to translating your vision for OT's future into action?

All candidates will have one day to post their answers.
Candidates can also comment on other candidates' answers and start debates.

Any denizen who wishes to ask the candidates questions can still do so by messaging me directly either via the forum's mail box, chat box or through Discord messages.
Ashton
1)

I value morals and ethics far more than other material goods. I will make sure each decision made will be the one that gives the Denziens the greatest amount of satisfaction, I will listen to what the people want and do my best to fulfill their wishes. I won’t make any decisions based on personal greed, for I believe that the best OT will be the one with the happiest people, not the richest government.

2)

I don’t want this place to turn into a massive gatekeeped or inactive community; I want it to be a place that you want to check every day. A place where you want to talk with other people and get engaged. A place that is lively, diverse, and inclusive.

The biggest factor that will decide this hypothetical future is the community. No candidate should ever promise they will be able to change OT’s current state; because it’s impossible for them alone to do so.

What I can promise, however, is that I will open as many doors as I can to people wanting to post, and I will do as much as I can to support the community and what the community decides to post. I will give all power to the people, whether this means role playing threads, vtuber threads, meme threads, whatever it is, I will support it.
abraker
1) I am able to make decisions based on what I believe is best for OT. One of the hardest decisions I had to make as an OT Representative was whether to keep pursuing the OTEconomy system I was so eager to implement over a year ago. When I had it working I realized it was not any fun to be part of it. As much as I wanted it to be a thing, I had to put what it means to be part of OT first and shut the project down. I still want some kind of point system for OT, but I don't have any ideas on how to make it work and be fun yet.

2) The deep and intimate desire to have a good laugh and enjoy the stuff that goes on as a community. Krita crashed 8 damn times when I made this meme. I was gonna call it quits the first time but the desire to share a joke won over the frustrations I faced. That and I finally caved in and started saving the damn thing. Krita fix your damn transform tool on text.
show more