forum

Objects with inconsistent hitsounding.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Query Quint
Hi, I'm new to mapping (and the game in general) and got a problem. With even the same sampleset and whatnot, can't for the life of me understand why objects won't have the same hitsounds.

Here I have two consecutive objects;

The first one has the custom hitsound thingy I put in the song folder and it's exactly what I wanted.

However, this slider head has the default osu! skin drum hitsound.

How is this a thing?

Those aren't the only objects I have this problem. This seems to occur on other parts of the map as well.
Please, any help to fix this is appreciated!

osu! version: Stable 20191023.4 (latest)
Serizawa Haruki
Hitsounds are affected by green lines. If you go to the timing panel, you will see that every green line has a sampleset and also a number if it uses custom hitsounds. For example, "S:C1" means: soft sampleset, custom 1. The number indicates which hitsound files apply, in this case 1 means that soft-hitnormal, soft-hitwhistle, soft-hitfinish and soft-hitclap are used for the objects affected by that green line. If the number were 2, it would use soft-hitnormal2 etc. The sampleset on the green line can also be set to "drum" or "normal" so maybe your timing points have the wrong sampleset selected. Go to the timing panel and check if both objects are on a green line with the same sampleset. You can also change the sampleset manually by selecting an object and choosing what you want to use in the upper left corner where it says "auto". If auto is selected, it means that it uses the same sampleset as the timing point, but if you change it to a different sampleset, the setting on the timing point will be ignored.