forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Amadeus Jeffrey
At this moment, I'm wondering where I got this name from.

It was like 2013, and I had a certain obsession with Pokemon and Nintendo. I tried to create a channel on YouTube using strange combinations of Japanese, until one that I liked a lot and related to the thunder, which I liked very much: Radrion. Obviously this was incomplete and I decided to put my birthday on the name: 0507, but I thought it was too long, so I reduced the number to a "557". Over time, my dream of YouTube and having Nintendo consoles (I am middle class) vanished and the "Alpha" was born, which I took thinking of a username that would be simple, attractive and disused. I looked for meanings and I said to myself: "You are a person who leads and always seeks the best not only for you, but for others, you are the Alpha of a pack". I mixed it with the legendary number 557, and that's where the "Alpha557" was born. Sorry for writing so much.
P U L S E
Back when i was a wee lad I made my Youtube name Pulse, Realized it was overused so i changed it, When i first made this account i just remembered the name and changed it, So yea thats the story behind my name.
Frezmo_old
My username originated from eleven year-old me making sounds until I made one that sounded cool, and I the reason I stuck with it is because people refer me to that name so there's no point in changing it now.
flake
crystalinfusion: based on Vainglory's Crystal Infusion consumable, Something I often buy lategame for a powerspike on Catherine back when I used to play Vainglory.

Flake: One of the few names I decided to change my name to in the short span of my first and only 1 month supporter days, with a help of a friend. I was supposedly going for Weapon, but he insisted for Flake. I don't see my friend that much now, but the username reminds me of my good days with him.
dayuii
dayuii: I got this name from two of my friends, and I combined their names. Dae-shaun and Yui, and I got dayuii. I've had it for years now. I did changed from it, and this was my first username I had on osu, then I did like 5 name changes and asked for a revert back to dayuii because that's my OG name.
Kingironside
When I played final fantasy tactics with my brother, we used a random name generator to name all the charecters in our party. One of the names was ironside and he was our dragoon. I remember this one boss fight that dragoon was the only one who survived thanks to the jump ability. So I thought I would keep the name for myself.

Also it apparently is the name of a ship that sunk during world war 1. That's pretty cool. Minus the king part anyway.
klkuo
My name in romaji is karorina but that sounds weird so I shortened it to karo. For account usernames is add -cchi, -rin, -ri, -sensei, etc if "karo" is not available
hat
For my previous names: I go under Infinity/Infinitum pretty much on every forum I was ever on.

for my current name: hat, hat hat hat hat.
Laudi
its.. uhh.. my name..
Miyu Okamoto
For me I chose Miyu Okamoto as since I last knew from osu! Twitch streams it was trendy to have a username of a waifu and well, I mean, it was hard to get one! So I went with an idol girl from probably my favourite idol anime, Miyu Okamoto from Wake Up, Girls!. And that is pretty much it.

a Plane
MiharuUwU
tried a simple weab username and was sad that it was taken added a 0 and thats the story
henry11hei
My previous username Henrygame3 comes from when I was 12. MY real name was Henry and game come from playing games and 3 comes from how many emails I had

My now username Henry11hei
11hei comes from my brother when he used his name then 11hei and I have been using it ever since because nobody gonna take that username beside me
Ritik_
this unaware idiot here has his own first name as his username :)
Asphyxialice
I was a pretty big weeb in high school. Tried learning Japanese for like a hot second, made this name, and then never followed through learning lol
Liiraye
Some dude from a tibia war OT nicked lira yeah

Lira is slang for play

Liiraye

Not really sure why I picked it, just top of my head.
Lunpai
I wanted to be my own user name than twinning with someone. So I said I am Senpai now! So I thought Luna was cute and made it my twitch name for all my kouhais to watch me on twitch~ LunaSenpai
sl0_old_1
my initials, and a random number
ZerouTwo
to express my love of a certain anime waifu from Darling in the Franxx, I chose to enter my username as ZeroTwo. However, it was taken so I had to change it. Luckily, I for some ever reason chose to add a u. It still sounded the same or somewhat the same when pronouncing it. That's where ZerouTwo was born. I use variations of ZerouTwo like ZeRoU and ZerouTwos.
raizo_old_1
from a one piece character
NuageFractal
It's a song.

Miiso
I like miso soup :3
Ethan
Well... you can probably guess why I chose this name.
makemecool123
Apparently my username is kind of random it doesn't have any source, anything that was related to my experience or anything, they weren't inspired to it. It pretty much a random username that I was thinking since I was creating this account during in the username portion of registering an account, you could say I'm not that a creative person before.

So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MindOfMarks
Thats just my mind lol
MisakiTobisawa-

KotoriIsMyWaifu wrote:

I wrote down the list of the girls in Date A Live and showed it to two of my friends. We crossed off names until everyone could claim a waifu, and I got Kotori. (My friends got Tohka and Yoshino)

Don't worry, I love all the Kotori's out there, not just my waifu Kotori Itsuka.

Well quite recently I also started playing a DAL VN and of course I went down Kotori's path first. Except, my avatar is currently Rinne Sonogami. Other than that, believe it or not, I hadn't watched any of the Love Live series until recently, so I also grew some attachment to Kotori Minami. So basically, my name originated from just being your typical weeb lol.
YukiAyase
Well I got mine from the WW2 Zeppelin and a chinese brand ram literally named Zeppelin
The "ItsMe" came in when I was thinking of a username for some other game and it got stuck to me ever since and I really like it
Tennes
Tennes is pretty self explanatory
YamiHikari
Yami - Darkness
Hikari - Light
lame but ok www
Axel
It's literally my IRL name..
Aoi Boii_DELETED
My original nickname was nadolsky which is a reference to my friend Kuba "Nadol" Nadolski who decided to delete his YT channel "Pastolektor Premium".

My current nickname is Aoi Boii which is a small parody of British player Aoi Sakura.
memkip
zedd00
It probably originated from the time i was into electro and pop music, i really liked Zedd (the DJ) so i thought,, "Hey why not make it my username?" but it was ocuppied so i added the double zeros as something i thought was cool, i read it as zedd-o
Kinda silly lol
leftforkilling
i thought about it years ago when i wanted to trick people to think i was a different person in a tf2 trade server, no it didnt work, yes i was really young and i did it for no reason
-Akeno
So my ign is Aleks0 is my name (it Russian no bully pls) and then a 0 because 99% of the time some one has Aleks so I just put a number in my name
Totoryu
I really liked Totoro when I was young.

Still think it's awesome.
keremaru
kids in middle school kept calling me caramel

so i turned it into keremal (c sounds like k, just flipped around the e's and the a)

now i want it to be kere because it's shorter, easier and i like it but nobody will give me supp :^(
Neosk
An old friend I had on discord in 2017 pretty much came up with the name for me lol
Naven6002
[IGNORE THIS I WAS YOUNG AND DUMB]
DangerusDuck27
So... i was playing in all videogames with the nickname ¨¨duck¨¨,but in someway,my friends created a competitive Team fortress 2 team called ¨¨dangerous¨¨,so my name came from that.
I loved how is DangerusDuck was XD.
show more