42.86%
4-10 love musics and gameplay
28.57%
5-999 Well 2 girls are not so bad
0.00%
Total votes: 7
Topic Starter
gbreuil1
I'm listing all the great fan games I found for you because they have super cool gameplay AND musics.
And because it's nice to have great developers to know when you want to be a game developer like me x)
P.S: No games link because of security issues, you can have them on Steam/Game developer site/Piracy :p but if you can support them give a try (2 free hours max on Steam is not a big deal) .

永遠消失的幻想鄉 ~ The Disappearing of Gensokyo

3D top view Shooter / English translation / 2016 on PC, 2018 on PS4
MyACG Studio

If you like bullet hell and hack 'n' slash it's for you

Gameplay footage :
[東方] Touhou - The Disappearing Of Gensokyo Ver 1.4 PV Trailer : https://youtu.be/_KRZ6f86k_I

1. Presentation

"The Disappearing of Gensokyo" is a Touhou Project doujin game from MyACG Studio, a Chinese doujin game fan circle. We have re-imagined Touhou as an ARPG, creating this "Danmaku-Shooting-ARPG". We hope this game will be a good experience for those who are both new and knowledgeable of Touhou!
  2. Gameplay

You start with Tenshi, a celestian swordwoman who get attacked by otakus (like you >-<) and corrupted fairies in your peaceful paradise. So you will go kick their ass out of here and resolve this incident because Tenshi like violence. Wait it's not Reimu job ? I will explain.
    You know Reimu is a bit hmmm lazy ? Well this time she is not here, she goes out first so you need to do all the job :D.
    But don't worry you will have many companions like fairy, bird, moon rabbit, ordinary magician, nuclear bird
    and many others (Sakuya DLC because she hacks the game time).

But how we kick otakus ass and fairies wings you would say, then an explanation from our favorite ice fairy :

Pretty simple huh ? It's litteraly the 3rd caracter wait to play the nuclear bird who can kill herself with a nuclear bomb...good mechanic.

Now you know how to play (and if not do the tutorial damnit) we can see the others points.

You have an HP bar like a shield, a dodge bar, 2 caracters who can switch (Tenshi at the start of all levels but you can spent points on your secondary caracter), and ammos (named Power) ! Not infinite spamming but it's fine you will die and get new ammos.
    Farm points for more power, you can drop bomb (spells cards), you can have special bonus with hidden runes. Hard mode is the defaut mode like others games, newbies can try Easy/Normal but DONT LUNATIC. I warned you.

The level design is in 3D but the maps are not so huge, just like hack'n slash design. Just keep spamming.
    And of course use your brain sometimes, Tenshi is stupid but birds are worst.
    Last point you will need to unlock caracters in the game and DLC caracters come after, don't expect Sakuya first level (I'm sad now ('*-*') ).

True gamer opinion : It's hard, frustating me so i try harder and I die, Dark souls is a good reference i would say because you lose your points when you die so fun xD. But Marisa is OP if you like Beams.
  3. Musics

Fucking good, nearly as officials games level, they are mixed musics from official games and news musics by their musicians.

Official soundcloud of one musician artist :

The Story Of Unlimited Dreams - 无限绮梦谭
    https://soundcloud.com/dgspitzer/the-story-of-unlimited-dreams?in=dgspitzer/sets/touhou-game-ostdisappearance-of-gensokyo-final-episode-reimu-ost

Requiem For The Frontier - 境界的镇魂歌
    https://soundcloud.com/dgspitzer/requiem-for-the-frontier?in=dgspitzer/sets/touhou-game-ostdisappearance-of-gensokyo-final-episode-reimu-ost

Darkened Heaven - 闇
    https://soundcloud.com/dgspitzer/darkened-heaven?in=dgspitzer/sets/touhou-game-ostdisappearance-of-gensokyo-final-episode-reimu-ost

The menu music and the "peaceful" temple (aka nuclear bird like explosions) have nice musics too, don't become dependent like me now i sing them in my head AAAAAA
  4. Graphics / Performances / 2D Girls

The game rules on Unity so it's pretty indecent, my grandmother PC can run this :

Minimum:
    Processor: 2 Core CPU
    Memory: 1 GB RAM
    Graphics: 512MB Graphic Card
    DirectX: Version 10
    Storage: 2 GB available space
    Sound Card: Normal Sound Card

Recommended:
    Processor: 4 Core CPU
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: 1G Graphic Card
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 2 GB available space
    Sound Card: Normal Sound Card

This guy is a cheater because you have Marisa 3 level after (joke you can replay levels :D )

Well my grandmother died (not true) so you will need dual core it's not pixel art :/
    Otherwises a simple CG card can run this no problem but don't expect 60FPS.
    I have personnaly an AMD Athlon(tm) II x2 215 Processor 2.70Ghz (yes my pc is old) an a Nvidia GTX 750, the game have 60fps easily on max settings with one lag spike every 2 hours (like 2-3s so it's fine).

The game look good as far you don't zoom on your waifu face because caracters models are not HD at all xD.
    It's still a 3D independant games don't expect Crysis 3 sexy curves but one day a great otaku will have a mod with HD textures. At the contrary all the effects look super good. All boss fights have a great ambiance with this (and secrets animations).
    The draws are super nice otherwise i can't deny the facts you can have dialogs every 5s with your waifu pop-up so it's your choice ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ (*/ω\*).

2D girls:

DLC but...TAKE MY MONEY
  5. Osu player

So if we put Dragonforce on Remilia Boss how many things i need to dodge with my 2 spamming button experience ?
    -> Oh you want pattern huh ? IA don't care. Go back to your HD/HR because this game is more SD...