forum

Animation without loops

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
devkit4384
I wanted to make an authentic life bar for my oto2 theme, but i can't becuase of the animation loops. Is it possible to add a feature that lets you disable animation to certain elements by adding a yes/no value in the "skin.ini" file.

Here is a better visual of what i want to do, but without the animation loops.
YoshiKart
It's not really authentic because that only happens when you hit SKIP in the games.

Nonetheless, it's still idea for some skins.
LuigiHann
So many toggles gets to be a pain, especially since you'd want this feature for some animations but not for most of them.

I have a vague idea of how it could be handled... I'll mention it to peppy if I think of it.
peppy
I don't even understand this?
Topic Starter
devkit4384

peppy wrote:

I don't even understand this?
in general is it possible for animation to not repeat itself.

awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

Echo wrote:

add a million files identical to the last frame after the last frame
Echo your "make a million loops" suggestion has already gotten me in trouble with storyboarding twice :p

Anyway, osu is already set up to look for filename-0.png, filename-1.png and so on, so my suggestion would be.... if there's a filename-X.png (that's not a variable, that's the letter X), show that as a static frame after the last frame of the animation. That way we don't have to worry about more troublesome toggles in the skin.ini.
CheeseWarlock
Agreed. Storyboarding needs animation fixes, this one among them.