forum

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
K2J
A lot of us aren't good with words; we're visual learners. Hence, sometimes it's hard for me to identify exactly who made which high-score on certain ranked maps. IIRC, multiplayer does this, but could we have the avatar image appear next to a player's name on the ranking list on the song selection screen? Or, at least have it appear when you load the replay (in the corner, or shrink into the cursor/drums/fruit catcher).

I dunno, it's just a little visual I thought would be kinda cool; the avatars are already loaded into the /Avatars folder, so it shouldn't put any load on the server, right? Just match up the name of the replay to an available avatar.
Saturos
If I'm not mistaken, something like this could only work if the user that made the replay is online at the time.

Else the avatar would have to be stored with the score/replay, which wouldn't necessarily reflect the user's current avatar and likely add to server load a fair amount.

I'm probably just talking out of my ass on this, though.
peppy
Actually, this is already half-implemented. The avatar just isn't being displayed yet. I kinda meant to do this a whiiiile back but got distracted...
LuigiHann

Saturos wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, something like this could only work if the user that made the replay is online at the time.

Else the avatar would have to be stored with the score/replay, which wouldn't necessarily reflect the user's current avatar and likely add to server load a fair amount.

Check your local osu! folder, we each have a massive collection of everybody's avatars. :|
Saturos

Saturos wrote:

awp

LuigiHann wrote:

Check your local osu! folder, we each have a massive collection of everybody's avatars. :|
I try to delete mine fairly regularly.
Topic Starter
K2J
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
No
Gens
I thinked it taked more when you hit F9...
But in that case...
ThePassingShadow
Go implement !

Sounds interesting.