forum

Grid Snap disabling [Editor] [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Rukario
Simple request: I'd like to disable grid snap only for horizontal lines or vertical ones, like only one at a time.
Would help adjusting sliders a lot.

That is all. Discuss.
RandomJibberish
Yes yes yes

I'm totally too lazy to move my mouse that accurately sometimes

also this thread title sucks
Derekku
Uh, you can already can by holding down shift? Or perhaps you mean something like this?
ziin
This would be solved by using custom grids.
Zelos
Yes please implement this.

It sucks making one wrong movement then not remembering where it was then pressing undo.
mm201
wat
AdRon Zh3Ro

MetalMario201 wrote:

wat
Just disable grid snap in a little button in the right of you editor, do your slider and redo the grid snap?
Topic Starter
Rukario
What I mean is disabling for instance, the vertical grid lines but still being forced to the horizontal ones and vice versa.
Dragvon
What hes trying to say and most ppl are not understanding is that he wanna lock one axis , like locking y for horizontal spacing or locking x for vertical changes. But yeah, maybe not locking entirely, but something like that.

I do support this :)
Beuchi

Dragvon wrote:

that he wanna lock one axis , like locking y for horizontal spacing or locking x for vertical changes.
If this is what I'm thinking it is, I remember the editor auto-snapping notes on vertical/horizontal axis when moving them around, but that was a long time ago. It got disabled I don't know why, but I have to say it was pretty useful ;w;

If this has anything to do with what I'm saying, then I totally support this xP
Shohei Ohtani
Make slider on grid

Adjust to proper spacing.

Profit.
mm201
Have you, uhh, ever tried holding alt+shift while placing an object?

The only useful function for something like this is placing objects on horizontal/vertical lines out of grid, right? And this already exists.
Beuchi

MetalMario201 wrote:

I love you. :roll:
Lybydose

MetalMario201 wrote:

The issue:

Doing this forces distance snapping. I may either want the note to not be distance snapped, or I may want it to be horizontally or vertically aligned to a note other than the previous one.

Take this as an example:

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/50055

I want the "5" to be horizontally aligned with the "3". Holding alt + shift forces alignment with respect to 4, which I don't want. I could delete the 4 and then alt-shift, but then the distance would be wrong unless I messed with the distance snap settings. I could place the whole pattern around the center of the map and ctrl+H, but then I have to reposition those notes - what if they were tricky to get aligned as well? The easiest way to solve this would be to simply put the 5 on top of the 3, hold some sort of modifier key that prevents any movement aside from 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, etc degrees and then drag left. Think of it like Paint (yes, the program that comes with Windows). Even that lets you hold shift to draw straight lines with the line tool.

This example is a pretty simple one, there have been more complex patterns I wanted aligned in a certain way that were very difficult to get right because I need horizontal or vertical alignments across large distances that weren't symmetrical around the center of the map. In these cases it's very annoying to slowly drag the note in place, making sure I don't accidentally move it up 1 or 2 grid levels as I go.