forum

Joke about the legality of french fries

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EDJE14
Hay guys, I just joined this site a couple weeks ago. Never really got to browsing the forums, mostly just playing around with osu!. Anyway... Thought I'd give a formal introduction; at least, as formal as I can be.

When I got ahold of EBA, I was absolutely hooked. To this date, it is still my favorite rhythm-based game. Yes, even better than Guitar hero 2, DDR, Rock band... you name it. So you can imagine how I felt when I discovered osu! :P
Brief history aside, I'm hoping to actually contribute to the beatmap community. Currently I'm just toying around with it, although up until recently, most of my inspiration came from the EBA beatmaps, not really any from the osu! community. I found this game works a lot better with cheesy pop-ish and pop-punk songs, so most of my favorite songs probably wouldn't be appropriate... But I think I can get away with some post-punk (Interpol, anyone?) and stuff like that. If anyone wants to know, I think I might try and tackle the There She Is !!! series by SamBakZa (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/theresheis/, I highly recommend checking them out). I found a couple beatmaps for the songs, but I don't recall seeing any ranked ones. The only problem is, I have NO idea where to find decent mp3s for the songs (ABS offers mp3 downloads but they're really low quality.). With a bit of searching around I think I'll come across them.

So... yeah. hai.
Pereira006
hi :)
Kamure
Wow, the title pulled me in, like this was in Off-topic.....

Anyway, Hey!!!!
Nekoroll
I also am guilty of clicking your thread because I thought it was in Off-Topic.

NICE TRICK, EDJE14.

Now explain your name.

Also, it's cool to aspire to be a mapper, but you might want to play around in osu for a while so you have a general idea of how maps can be fun and sensible in order to be ranked. :) Just take your time, talk in chat, get used to the community and make a few friends. No rush.

Also, I like the new Wendy's french fries. I don't know anything about this JOKE.

Welcome to osu!
Topic Starter
EDJE14
The topic title is a reference to the introduction tutorial sticky :P

Oh, my name? Well you see... I go by E.J. to many people. One of my friend's dads pronounces my name like eaj (As if you were reading E.J. as a syllable and not two letters). It slowly transformed into EDGE, which everyone called me in highschool. Although the actual spelling was not yet final. Most would assume EDGE, but uh... I thought I'd get a J in there somehow. EDJE. Also, 14 is the best number ever.

As far as mapping goes... I'm really just downloading popular maps and getting ideas. I have a lot of experience with EBA (All S rank, some SS ranks), but osu! gets just plain ridiculous, so I at least want to be able to beat the songs I make, and I definitely don't want them to be too easy.
Mara

EDJE14 wrote:

The topic title is a reference to the introduction tutorial sticky :P
Damn, I didn't notice that before.

Welcome anyway.
Sleep Powder
So, there's no discussion about french fries? :(
Haneii

Nekoroll wrote:

I also am guilty of clicking your thread because I thought it was in Off-Topic.
Really got me there XD. Welcome to osu! :)