forum

Background Videos - remove auto-fades

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
JeY k
So I was mapping a song, and I go to put in a background video - and I realized a smidge of the beginning and a huge chunk of the end was cut off - and I was looking for a way to not have the background video not auto-fade out, so it wasn't cut off anymore. I couldn't find anything, and then I went to the help and support forum - asked for a way, they said there wasn't even a way to do that ._.

So uh, How about a way to not get videos to fade so the end of them doesn't get cut off? ;_; Maybe at the beginning too?

Edit: original help topic: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=43669
Derekku
I'm not knowledgeable enough with video editing to say how easy/hard it would be to do this out-of-game, but at least an option to keep a video from fading out at the end of a beatmap might be handy.
Topic Starter
JeY k
In the suggestion topic I noted above, they said I should add black boxes in the mean time (so the end of it doesn't fade out) - video editing isn't very difficult, all computers (mac or windows) some standard with basic editing software, it's just a matter of using it =P

It's not difficult - if you don't have a clue, ask someone who does for some basic pointers and anyone can do it.

Except, it would be easier to just not have it fade rather than tag an extra 10 seconds of nothing and re-render it x_x
Mashley
This is easy, just sb a transparent object from the end until when you want the video to fade.
LuigiHann

Mashley wrote:

This is easy, just sb a transparent object from the end until when you want the video to fade.
I don't think that's what he's talking about. When videos start and end in osu, osu displays them fading in and out with a rather slow fade (even if it ends well before the map ends). Might be nice to have this at least toggleable, since it is generally a pretty weird effect to have the background image fade into the video.
Topic Starter
JeY k
Care to give me a quick pointer? I was playing around in the SB for a while to not have it fade and I couldn't even get it to do anything. I even checked the SB FAQ, I'm so lost.

Edit: Oh, you posted before I refreshed. So A transparent object wouldn't help the video not fade? ;_;
EvianBubble
Happened for me too, what I did was I left an extra 5 secs on the end of the video, see if that helps :)

Anyways, I think this would be helpful to have, it should be an option

+1 support
Topic Starter
JeY k
Wow everyone thanks for support =D

Added a link to the original help topic in the first post.