forum

Three Mods for Osu! And a mod osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TobyDaOsuBoi
There were three mods i really wanted that i thought about for about a week now and I am gonna share it. So the first 2 mods could be an extension for 2 of the current mods (A.K.A. like Nightcore and Perfect) And they are No Numbers (So it will remove the numbers from hit circles and sliders) The second mod is probably for Flashlight and it would be No lines (removes the line telling you where the next note is) Making jumps with flashlight almost impossible. And the third mod for Osu! Is Scramble. With this mod all of the notes will scramble and every time the mod is activated the notes will be in a different spot than last time. Finally, onto Osu!mania is the same mod as Scramble but with a different element. Every 20 seconds the keys will pop up again to show you what the keys are. But it will always be different. Example : The Keys could be X, Y, P, Q, A, C, and K. Anyways that's all the the mods!
Rivals_7
1 and 2 should be already achievable via skin editing
3. is kinda unecesssary as it is taking away the mapping concepts of what mapper has created. if this going to be unranked mod, guess its fine but i dont see it to be necessary
4. if this going where the key will be randomly scattered through keyboard, i'm completely disagree. you cant possibly play 4k with, say, QTJM or smth. doesnt seem fun lol
Sandy Hoey
For 3, there is a reason why mapping tKes a long tim two learn and get good at. You have to learn how to add flow to the map so that it doesn’t play like garbage. If you want to play garbage, don’t add a mod. Just go into the unranked section and download beatmaps

Also would like to see you try to do jumps across the screen with no pattern that are meant to be a stream
Topic Starter
TobyDaOsuBoi

Rivals_7 wrote:

1 and 2 should be already achievable via skin editing
3. is kinda unecesssary as it is taking away the mapping concepts of what mapper has created. if this going to be unranked mod, guess its fine but i dont see it to be necessary
4. if this going where the key will be randomly scattered through keyboard, i'm completely disagree. you cant possibly play 4k with, say, QTJM or smth. doesnt seem fun lol

For 1 and 2 Via Skin editing would also take a while (depending on how you know how the files work) And doing it would be hard. Also if you wanted to stop you would have to put the file back. witch if you do one thing wrong. That picture could be gone.
Sandy Hoey
You just replace the element with a blank file. And you can make a copy of the skin and edit that so that the original skin is still unchanged