forum

Supporter perks based on time

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +247
Topic Starter
Toxi
I think it would be cool to have supporter perks based on how long you have had supporter. For example, at 6 months of supporting, you get a cool signature. At 1 year, you get a different colored name, etc. I think it would be a good idea to add this too because it will make people want to put more money into supporting Osu! so they can get the long-term perks.
Lyawi
I don't like that. They would pay for features which they would get in later time, I also think people already pay too much tbh
Nathanael
In the new forum design, one of the perks is the ribbon-like design behind a user's avatar (when reading threads).
You'll see a darker pink, silver, and gold which represents how long the user supported the game.

Not sure if there will be more at the future though.
O2MasterFX
^that and custom banner for your profile
Topic Starter
Toxi

Nathanael wrote:

In the new forum design, one of the perks is the ribbon-like design behind a user's avatar (when reading threads).
You'll see a darker pink, silver, and gold which represents how long the user supported the game.

Not sure if there will be more at the future though.

O2MasterFX wrote:

^that and custom banner for your profile
Oh, i didnt know anything like that was already added/being added, but thats kinda what i meant by supporter perk.

Lyawi wrote:

I don't like that. They would pay for features which they would get in later time, I also think people already pay too much tbh
I don't think 4$ per month is bad, because it probably costs way more than that to keep Osu! going.
Lyawi
Most people buy that each month. so you can imagine how it can costs in years, that's what I meant
Topic Starter
Toxi
Just to add on to this, the different colored name could be in-game too.
Nathanael
Username colors (randomly picked?) already exists in lazer client.
Topic Starter
Toxi

Nathanael wrote:

Username colors (randomly picked?) already exists in lazer client.
Then maybe not a username color, but there's things in-game that could be rewarded. Like an animated avatar in-game. There's many possibilities with this.
And im sure some people might not like to switch to Osu! lazer and might stick to the old releases, so the usernames could go into play for them, or the forums.
Anemic Witch
I like the idea but not examples you provided, signatures and colored names should be for staff only. Animated avatars in-game? Probably, but we already got profile banner, and animated avatars honestly suck.
Topic Starter
Toxi

Master_chan wrote:

I like the idea but not examples you provided, signatures and colored names should be for staff only. Animated avatars in-game? Probably, but we already got profile banner, and animated avatars honestly suck.
Even if they sucks, some people might like them, and it would be a thing that people might want.
it would also help peppy get his jet
Nathanael
Supporting animated avatars ingame.. That was rejected years ago.
Grassgrow
Î think thats a great idea and I support it
yuhaii
Can't say anything about the animated avatars because... why bother? Not a lot of people would use the animated avatars in game and it would most likely be rejected. Also, they allow gifs in userpages. Isn't that enough? You can even animate a signature. Even if some supporters would use the animated avatar it's probably going to be hard to get it to run in-game.

ingame chat color (maybe not)
The ingame chat color? I don't really understand because
1. Supporters have different colored name in chat already
2. That people would probably confuse those people with Staff and osu!devs.
also: osu!lazer is is going to be the entirely new interface/game client so i don't know if it's the easiest to stay with the old version of the game unless you download something or just download the game again completely again.
So yeah, maybe not an in game chat color.

Also, can't say anything about the signatures.... It makes it sound like people are only paying for the perks and not to support the development of the game. Besides paying 4$ a month for the perks we already have like viewing friend rankings on maps, viewing cuntry rankings, osu!direct (< this is big), userpage banner, and your nice supporter badge. isn't that more than enough? Besides, giving more perks the longer you have supporter sounds kind of confusing because then you're going to get more perks than others and sometimes you pay the same price as them, y'know?
Topic Starter
Toxi

elainex13xvii wrote:

Besides, giving more perks the longer you have supporter sounds kind of confusing because then you're going to get more perks than others and sometimes you pay the same price as them, y'know?
I see your point, but it would encourage people to want to donate more frequently if they get something for doing it for longer.
Topic Starter
Toxi

Lyawi wrote:

It wouldnt be a feature people would get later in time, you would get it immediately if you paid to have supporter long enough.
Topic Starter
Toxi
boop