forum

Videogame Achievments

posted
Total Posts
show more
SoupNBread
Hmmm let's see... other night I passed my first 12 on ITG... not sure if that really counts as difficult though :B

Went through Metal Slug X on 1 quarter
"HEAVY MACHINEGUN!"
MusicFan

SoupNBread wrote:

Went through Metal Slug X on 1 quarter
"HEAVY MACHINEGUN!"
whoa nice O.o

My best achievement in my mind was A-ranking all of Sonic's levels on SA2B.

The day after, there was a thunderstorm, and my game got erased.

:o
[deleted user]
I got through Metal Slug 1 on 2 credits. :(

Awp: Ofcourse, as long as it's possible in the game mechanics. It's impossible to get the hadooken without dying.

SoupNBread: While 12-feeters are pretty hard (What song btw? I have a pretty decent score on Determinator - 82% or something) ITG is one single thing; Endurance. Not skill. There's no hard steps in ITG and there probably never will. The steppers for ITG is newbies compared to the YEARS OF EXPERIENCE and originality Konami had. Anyway, in a sense, DDR is too something that's not too skill-based, just a hell of alot of training. So having achievements in that is undesireable.

Beeing a good gamer, even someone who's never touched Battletoads can go through it after a few days of honest hard practice and insane memorization of the friggin gears in the water and the snakes. But even good gamers might use months, maybe years of physical training before they can clear 12-feeters in ITG.
And bad gamers could use years of training and still not clear Battletoads, but still clear 12-feeters with ease in ITG.

I used to be a regular in the norwegian DDR/ITG-community before it died after I foresaw it's death, and there was alot of stupid people there. There's idiots everywhere. Many of them could not even clear Hello Kitty Roller Rescue Rangers on the PS2, but they still cleared 10-13-feeters in ITG.
SoupNBread
Kats: I'm in SoCal where most of the elite ITG players are where people 99.xx 13's even if they haven't played in a few months. The song is ?The Riddle? which is a custom 12. 127 BPM 16th note runs that last 30secs - 1 minute and a 5 second 24th note run, intro has 32nd note bursts but there only 5 or 6. The song as a whole is around 4:40.

SoupNBread wrote:

passed my first 12 on ITG

That's a link to the video of the pass.

You bring up a good point, I was just glad I had finally passed something recently(been stuck on Hardcore Symphony). I'm not sure how many norwegian players are left but in the US we still have a fair amount of players. Most have moved onto 14-16 customs that are 7 minute long epics with 200-215bpm 16th runs. Some are stupid, most are pretty nice though and are happy when they see new people playing. With a majority of the machines being hacked now, people don't bother with the default songs. More training than skill, but it's still an amazing feat IMO.

As of right now I'm trying to clear Contra in 1 try. It's pissing me off.
Topic Starter
adam2046
Metal Slug is definitley going up (It's in my top ten games)

SoupNBread wrote:

"HEAVY MACHINEGUN"
Weak!
RAWCATLAWNCHAIR!

Also should we up the points if you finish a game on one credit?
[TeRa]_old
I finally FC'd fuzzies stole my shell in SM, I've been so close to it since sometime in may, I'm happy to finally get that down.
Got it on video none the less ;3

Congrats on your first 12 pass soup, and most likely many more to come along with it soon 8-)
[deleted user]
SoupNBread: The second you move on to playing custom songs, as ofcourse we have too, ratings, feet and difficulty is something completly different. I was talking about the poorly stepped ITG2-songs. The songs that comes with the machine, not customs. If a custom is 12 feet, what does that really say? Nothing at all. Steppers rate their own songs, and I've seen ALOT of misrated songs. I mean, I've cleared the 15-footer Boss Machine on ITG. ;P (Which is more like 9-10 feet.)

Didn't notice it was a video, but I can agree on that it's about 12 feet and a nice pass indeed.

The norwegian community is pretty much... Dead. One company used to own almost every DDR EX-machines in Norway and placed them around. But just a few years ago, some bowling firm bought up EVERY machine. Now here's an interresting fact; DDR is officially considered a sport in Norway. It's defined as competitive dance. We had official athleteclubs with the names of DDR-Ninjas (My old club^^) and such. The old company that owned those arcades gave us one day a week where we could play for free with our clubs, all around the country, so the club leaders still have the key actually, and we could give ourselves doubles-discounts/2-player-discounts (Two players/Doubles for the same price as a single play) whenever we wanted and could.
But, then Metro Bowling bought everything up, denyed us training, discounts, and haven't maintained the machines for 2-3 years now. When the community was still strong we offered to repair them FOR FREE, but they would not let us because we were not trained mechanics. Ofcourse we were not, we had just been repairing tons of machines over the past years. So the machines just died. It's pretty rare now to find a machine that works; and even rarer, a machine where BOTH PADS work.

They even blamed us for destroying the arcades for playing too hard. O_o

Argh. Too bad the community died. We had insane strict rules for good old DDR before dreaded ITG came out. 1x/No bar. The golden rule. NEVER TO BE BROKEN. Even when ITG came the no-bar-rule stuck for some time. Then people bagan to break it because "the rest of the world does it". I still play without bar. That's the way DDR was ment to be played. :/
SoupNBread
Kats: Dan23's Boss Machine chart? SoCal re-rated it to an 11 for tourneys. I passed that about a month ago. Now-a-days the ratings get re-rated to their actual ratings based on players that can actually pass it. I think 16s are deemed the highest passable songs. ITGFreak/Rhythmatic has a thread where you can compare charts to find rating. The machine I play on is privately owned by a player as are most of the machines around me. He keeps it in tip-top condition and makes repairs on it every week to keep it from giving pad errors.

I don't think the ITG2 charts are poor but are very different from DDRs charts. While DDRs charts tend to copmliment the music(atleast pre-SuperNova charts) ITGs charts go along with the music. I like Konami's pre-SuperNova charts but when ITG hit the scene, SuperNova had to compete, so they started to go along with the music as opposed to complimenting it.

Cleared 1000 lines in 1 sitting... Tetris owns :)
[deleted user]
Lucky bastard.

But no, not that Boss Machine. It's an easier one actually. :P But misrated as hell.

I think the ITG-charts are VERY poor. One thing is that the songs are longer and ALOT more repetitive. Hence, the steps get repetitive too. Most DDR-songs have a pretty varied and challenging step-pattern, abit not as fast, but it makes up for it in dexterity. In ITG you can pretty much anticipate how the songs steps will be after 10 seconds. In DDR, you're in for surprises if you even dare to anticipate anything.

Meh, SuperNova sucked. Extreme is still the best and has allways been.
Mogsy
Yay for video game achievements.

Pokemon Pearl - Caught Azelf with a Great Ball and no status effect. Lucky me.
Ontamarama - FC'd the following songs on Hard:
-Trance Macabre
-Guitar Fiend
-Thrash Metal Hellion
-Hypnotronic Death
Now, I only have one last song to FC on Hard. Go me, kupo.
Slain087
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex
Hmm....
Beat Cheetah Men II after 5 tries.
Got through world -1 over 100 times in SMB.
Cleared SMB with 4 lives (Using warp-pipes because I didn't have much time, I'll do it fully some time).
Got through the first 3 levels of Kaizo Mario World.
Completed Riviera with both Ecchi scenes.
Found the hidden book in Super Mario Sunshine.
Raised a Hero Chaos Chao in SA2:B.
Completed SA2 (DC) Dieing only once.
Caught 155 different Pokemon in RBY (They all currently reside in Red, because 2 can't be traded to Yellow).
And my finest achievement: I GOT BORED AND STOPPED PLAYING LoZ:OoT WITHOUT COMPLETING IT.
Topic Starter
adam2046
Well since you mention pokemon:
Caught over 150 of the same pokemon ... It was that spotty thing (spinda I think) the pattern interested me, I even got a master ball off my friend just to catch one (I told him it was for...big flying thing...you know the red and blue ones)
Loginer

neo@lex wrote:

Caught 155 different Pokemon in RBY (They all currently reside in Red, because 2 can't be traded to Yellow).
And my finest achievement: I GOT BORED AND STOPPED PLAYING LoZ:OoT WITHOUT COMPLETING IT.
There are only 151 different Pokémons, unless you mean catching several Pokémons of the same species.

Also, I've found a lot of "masterpieces" pretty boring, including OoT, Okami and WW (This one was good for a while. Then I came to the sneaking part. I hate sneaking around). On the contrary, I loved every second of TP and PH.
[deleted user]
I can't see how Pokemon fits into this. To catch them all (151, whereas you HAVE to glitch Mew) is just patience. To catch a strong pokemon with a pretty bad ball, luck. None of these reflects "skill".

neo@lex: For a second, I thought I saw you had beat Cheetah Men and was 5 seconds away from calling bullshit. :D That buggy piece of crap.
SoupNBread
I've enjoyed nearly every Zelda game I've played, but I never really got into Twilight Princess. I got 2 hours into it, saved, then never picked it up again.

I've given up on trying to beat Contra in 1 go. Going to attepmt to run through Castle Crashers with no potion or deaths on a new character. Probably try to go through as the peasant :)
Neo@lex

Loginer wrote:

There are only 151 different Pokémons, unless you mean catching several Pokémons of the same species.
Missingno, 'M, 44Hy, a and Chiisai-uPokeWTrainer (Damn Crashes), along with the 150 that you can get.
Yes, I have no Mew.

Kats wrote:

neo@lex: For a second, I thought I saw you had beat Cheetah Men and was 5 seconds away from calling bullshit. :D That buggy piece of crap.
WTF ITS BEST GAME EVAR!!! The graphics and gameplay are far better than the wyy and the pussthree.
Actually, I haven't really beat it. The second boss leaves you stranded weather you beat it or not. Apparently there's a code or something that gets level 5 and 6, but I only have it on FCEU Wii.
[deleted user]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Nico Nico Douga - Nico Medley 2009 (Sweyax) [Marathon].osu
Topic Starter
adam2046
There's this Challenge in Timesplitters three which is sort of like twin caliber where you have to keep track of both sides of the screen (It's split in half) and control a gun with each stick (A little easier than TC), but if you read the mission description it says something playing it with your feat with socks on (I'll go look for it later) But I want to actually achieve this one.
SBKT
My biggest achievement would be beating a lot of RPG's without ever wiping my party.
NekoShogun_old
Loginer

NekoShogun wrote:

I can't believe I haven't seen any GH related achievements in here yet. I (with a friend) have beaten GH3 on Co-Op Expert. (And I now hate that game compared to RB.) I still have yet to beat expert on solo, and I can beat TTaF on Hard. (Woo, go me!) lol.
GHIII has a lot of 360 achievements for things like clearing Expert, but that seems to go under the Easy category in this topic or something.
SoupNBread
+Passing Expert ain't that difficult. Of course, my friends and I have started playing since the first game but now we've gotten tired of it. Silly us thinking that Wii might get downloadable content :roll:

I've given up on trying to 5* TTFaF Expert... I'll keep my 4*

On another note, I've officially completed my museum in AC:WW. I had most of it done before I quit but I went back to the game afters a couple years and finished everything up.
niedz
Resident Evil 4-5 stars,90 000 points in Mercenaries mode at all maps

674 place on Osu!{xD}
SBKT
I soloed hogger.
lukewarmholiday

SBKT wrote:

I soloed hogger.
I believe this was necessary >>

Download: Maon Kurosaki - Kimi to Taiyou ga Shinda Hi (CoF_anto) [Hard].osu
awp
Today in a Brawl four-for-all I got a double kill.

Using a Wii remote.

Sitting on a different floor of the house than the TV.
Topic Starter
adam2046
Were you drunk?
lukewarmholiday

adam2046 wrote:

Were you drunk?
^
niedz
Guilty Gear XX Reload-all things unlocked,all paths maded
Guilty Gear Isuka-all moves for Robo Ky II
MusicFan

awp wrote:

Today in a Brawl four-for-all I got a double kill.

Using a Wii remote.

Sitting on a different floor of the house than the TV.
Wow. Just... wow.
I can't even begin to imagine how you did that :o :D
Not_an_S
niedz
in Counter Strike Source 9 kills on one spawn ^^
Topic Starter
adam2046
I killed almost all of my class in a counterstrike LAN (All had a shotgun to the back)
SoupNBread
I don't really like CS... I'm a UT player. :)

5 flag caps, 40 kills... 0 deaths. Instagib CTF on Face. UT99 owns :)
niedz
ok,my best score in CSS{gungame} 80 kills 23 deaths
{hostages rescue}3 rescues{rescued 5 hostages}16 kills 3 deaths
i dont play rest of game mods :P
Zatoichi
I beat Animal Crossing. Suck on THAT.

I also beat Taboo on Intense by trophy kill with just Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Snake and Sonic. When I beat him and picked up the trophy, I then told Taboo he was too slow. It was awesome. I also beat all of (and I mean ALL OF) Sonic '06 with one life, which is a feat within itself. And I cleared all the stages in God Hand's Hard Mode without getting hit at least once (after like a million tries combined).

Oh, yeah, and I cleared the Forest of Pain with limited healing items, and didn't use infinite items or Demon Safe Shoes, with just Haseo. I'm pretty content with what I've done, but I still want more to do.

Beating all of the Ninetails Clan isn't an achievement, is it?
Saturos

Zatoichi wrote:

I also beat all of (and I mean ALL OF) Sonic '06 with one life, which is a feat within itself.
Calling bullshit now.
awp
Topic Starter
adam2046
I played through Contra SS without breaking my control.
RemmyX25

Saturos wrote:

Zatoichi wrote:

I also beat all of (and I mean ALL OF) Sonic '06 with one life, which is a feat within itself.
Calling bullshit now.
Zatoichi
Sorry Saturos and Remmy, but it's true. I beat all the routes on one life. Sonic '06 isn't shitty, just mediocre and extremely easy when you stop whining like a bitch about how bad it is.

Although, I'll admit it, the hardest part of Sonic '06 on one life was waiting through the load times.
Saturos
Zatoichi
Although I DO have a gamebridge, and my 360 still hasn't RRoD'd yet (STILL), I'm not going to record all that shit.

Or maybe I will.

I can't say.

But, I will say this: if I DO record the game, I'm going to do it in increments by level. I'll still do it on one life, but just know that since I'm going to do it that way there's going to always be the faggots that say "hurr durr ur just practicing the stage over and over again and just doing no death runs hurrrrrrrr i figured out ur plot praise me utube im so smrtxDxDxDxD".

If you're wondering why I want to record after each level instead of doing it all on one take, it's because audio desynch is a fucking BITCH and I'm too lazy to fix that with TEH MOVIE MAKER MAGIKZ.
lukewarmholiday
I unlocked everything in F-zero GX.

That means the AX goodies too. (apart from the parts you HAVE to go to an AX machine to get)

Without snaking.
Zatoichi

lukewarmholiday wrote:

That means the AX goodies too. (apart from the parts you HAVE to go to an AX machine to get)

Without snaking.
USODA!!
lukewarmholiday

Zatoichi wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Without snaking.
USODA!!
I r not a liar
niedz
awp
CoD4 failed to impress me after all the CoD4 fanboys hyped it up.
James
beat super mario bros 3 when i was 6
beat mega/rockman 2,3,4 when i was 6
beat mega/rockman 1 10 years later
beat "the end" in MGS3 with in 6 mins. (tranq'd, got his camo) the old bag has 2 patterns
beat MGS3 hard diff with rank before "big boss" i forgot what
beat agony insane flashlight hidden with 6 miss and some slider breaks (for lulz)
100kills-12deaths on counterstrike 10v10 lan party (with pros) when i was in high school.
Zatoichi
Beat all ranks, including Henry, on Bitter with the Blood Berry in No More Heroes.

This was just recently.