forum

Doubletime song previews when DT is selected

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +34
Topic Starter
BRTJ CritCamp
Dear OSU! community,

Whenever DT is selected from the mods menu, I think it would be great to actually have the song previews in DT as well. This way you can listen to how the song would sound with either Doubletime or Nightcore.

Please put your thoughts in the comments section.

Regards,

CritCamp
abraker
But... why? I mean you would very well know how it sounds like on DT if you know how it sounds nomod.
Frozen_Rhythm
hmmm, I think it is always better to hear its original preview.
Well that's my opinion. It helps me appreciate the song more, even if I play in DT.
How is it on you?
KambingGuling

abraker wrote:

But... why? I mean you would very well know how it sounds like on DT if you know how it sounds nomod.
lol agree with this one
Bara-
Nc please

Sounds nice
Topic Starter
BRTJ CritCamp
I think i'd be a really cool feature. Especially when selected NC as Bara- posted. You can just hear a preview instead of actually having to play the map to hear what it sounds like.
Frozen_Rhythm

CritCamp wrote:

I think i'd be a really cool feature. Especially when selected NC as Bara- posted. You can just hear a preview instead of actually having to play the map to hear what it sounds like.
Well you have a point there. But I think it will be better to make an enabling/disabling option for it for other players like me.
Seijiro
The mod itself would be a toggle: if it's on you'll hear everything in DT, if it's off you'll hear stuff normally.
If I'm selecting DT is because I am about to play with DT, right? So why shouldn't I be able to hear it properly?
Take tournaments for example: you can't make a test run on a DT map if you want to get the rhythm before hand so you use the song preview in DT to do so.
Frozen_Rhythm

MrSergio wrote:

The mod itself would be a toggle: if it's on you'll hear everything in DT, if it's off you'll hear stuff normally.
If I'm selecting DT is because I am about to play with DT, right? So why shouldn't I be able to hear it properly?
Take tournaments for example: you can't make a test run on a DT map if you want to get the rhythm before hand so you use the song preview in DT to do so.
Hmmm, okay I now got your point.
Edison
Yess
Stefan
As long this applies for NC and HT too, this sounds okay. It already 'doubles' the speed in the time between selecting and playing.
Caput Mortuum
imagine listening to nc'd nightcore song over and over while waiting for the host

it's a joke pls i'm not against this
LastExceed
I like the idea, alwasy confused me
shiyuri
<deleted>
Dusk69
Good idea mate. Though I would give more respect if you had mentioned HT and NC. 8-)

Have a nice night.
Luqanted

abraker wrote:

^ yeah but woa i think this is a good idea
Caput Mortuum
alright, but make it toggleable, because i don't like to listen to sped up music :/
CoffeeDrream
it nice
Caput Mortuum
Guess your wish has been granted https://youtu.be/AozNfVjEHw4