posted
Total Posts
show more
Takuma

EvianBubble wrote:

Awesome, can I join please?
Of course.
rust45
I'll join even though I'll lose in the first or second round again.
Sleep Powder
I'll sing but....nah I'll just do my best on whatever category comes my way~
Buni_old

animask wrote:

Don't be late to send your submission again~
Neo@lex
/join
N-not that I'm an attention whore like the rest of you or anything...
I just like the number 25.
adam2046
Join, but just you watch as I develop a mysterious cold as soon as round 1 starts.
dkun
/signsup
Sleep Powder

Buni wrote:

animask wrote:

Don't be late to send your submission again~

Don't worry, I'll try to finish it earlier this time =]
Phyrearms
Could I please get signed up for season 2 as well? n_n
I have a new recording interface so no more technical difficulties like last time~
Danneh
IM IN AGAIN!!! XD

*grabs illness preventing pills*
Danneh

Takuma wrote:

peppy wrote:

let me in please :).
oh shit
....... o_o

Okaaay im ded xD
Lanttu
Sign me up~! o/
Powerdrone
Perhaps if we did it more like the show?

Each contestant submits a short, 30 second vocal acapella clip and the judges choose the top 20 or so that move onto the actual competition?

Just a suggestion ^_^
Derekku

Powerdrone wrote:

Each contestant submits a short, 30 second vocal acapella clip and the judges choose the top 20 or so that move onto the actual competition?

Just a suggestion ^_^
That actually might not be a bad idea; having a preliminary round.
Sleep Powder

Derekku wrote:

Powerdrone wrote:

Just a suggestion ^_^
I also agree. This is starting to get popular and 30+ contestants sounds like a lot to judge on the first round.
Lilac

Derekku wrote:

I thought Larto already wrote that down...He said if there was a lot of people signing up, he'd do that.

...Is this not enough people? XD
m980
I find it stupid that people from the previous round joined this one..

Then again, this one has a completely different system. So whatever. (As long as after this it isn't like that :p)
Krisom
Well, at least the winners from this one should not join the following one (considerig that there will be an osu!idol 3)
Maybe as judges?
Meh, I don't stand a chance against the top 3 of the old round, but whatever :v
Topic Starter
Larto
Alright, peppy also talked to me about that. Winners from the previous osu!Idols should not compete anymore for a bit. I will obviously not kick out any of the current contestants, but in the future osu!Idols, you shall not be allowed to join anymore if you got to the last and to the second to last rounds. However this still depends on who will do osu!Idol 3~ I don't think I will =3

And yes, seems like this is going to be a preliminary round!
Haneii

Larto wrote:

Will it be themed?
KoromoAmae

Larto wrote:

Alright, peppy also talked to me about that. Winners from the previous osu!Idols should not compete anymore for a bit. I will obviously not kick out any of the current contestants, but in the future osu!Idols, you shall not be allowed to join anymore if you got to the last and to the second to last rounds. However this still depends on who will do osu!Idol 3~ I don't think I will =3

I think that's a bad policy, considering that this is a competition for the fun of the competitors and the entertainment of the audience. The prize for winning, while nice, isn't going to be anybody's reason for entering. They're entering because they want to have fun. This would be similar to having a bowling league and kicking out the best team every season, which seems a little awkward to me. It also encourages people to drop out early on purpose if they want to continue singing in the next season, which again, eliminates the fun for them.
Powerdrone
I don't know about everyone in the last round necessarily, but for sure not the winner.

No one's telling you you can't sing or have fun, just that you aren't eligible for the prize.

Haneii wrote:

Larto wrote:

Will it be themed?
I don't think the preliminary round should be themed. That way, everyone gets the chance to sing what they want and show their best side seeing as a bunch of them won't make it through.
Sleep Powder
If its not themed then I can record earlier~
KoromoAmae
I would be perfectly content with forfeiting the prize in subsequent seasons, just so long as I can still participate and have fun.
Danneh

KoromoAmae wrote:

I would be perfectly content with forfeiting the prize in subsequent seasons, just so long as I can still participate and have fun.
*Sniff*... AMEN ! :'(

Or... You could donate the prize to *cough* me? :$
Since my mum doesnt allow me to support osu! so aye cant get the supporter tag )':
YOU HEAR THAT MUM? IM COMPLAINING ABOUT YOU ! ! !
WHATCHA GONNA DO "BOUT IT?!?!

*cough* erhmm... Yeah ...
EvianBubble

KoromoAmae wrote:

Personally I think that previous winner should be able to still participate but just not win the prize o_O

So, the prelim round was confirmed right? There's no theme so we can start recording?
Topic Starter
Larto

EvianBubble wrote:

There's no theme so we can start recording?
I gueeeess you could say so.
lacey-chama
//join. o wo
peppy

KoromoAmae wrote:

I think that's a bad policy, considering that this is a competition for the fun of the competitors and the entertainment of the audience. The prize for winning, while nice, isn't going to be anybody's reason for entering. They're entering because they want to have fun. This would be similar to having a bowling league and kicking out the best team every season, which seems a little awkward to me. It also encourages people to drop out early on purpose if they want to continue singing in the next season, which again, eliminates the fun for them.
You need to realise that if you allow the same people to enter every competition, you will end up with the same people in the final rounds. This is just logical. While it is a competition for fun, I believe this will get relatively boring over time from a spectating/judging point of view. You'll see what I mean after a few competitions ;).
Sweagen
Guys I wanna enter again, last time was really fun, so I'mma enter and send a voice clip?? :D

And idk about the rule where people who got near the end aren't allowed to enter subsequent competitions, that just sounds kinda lame... No one should ever be excluded from fun singing competitions.
Sleep Powder
Acapella? D:

As in no music?

awww
Curisu
Let me in~~~
looooool :D
Xgor

animask wrote:

Acapella? D:

As in no music?

awww
Just do it like I did in the last osu!idol and you get something in the background :P
Garven
Nothing official has been announced yet. I can read first post rly
Kiddo-Kun
Lots of people are joining ~
This is gonna be great.
eee

Death_the_kid wrote:

This is gonna be great.
D;

this only means lots are gonna be eliminated in preliminaries, doesn't it?
Curisu

eee wrote:

Death_the_kid wrote:

This is gonna be great.
D;

this only means lots are gonna be eliminated in preliminaries, doesn't it?
looooooooooooooool

SPOILER
How many people will be eliminate in round 1..?
Topic Starter
Larto

yangzd88 wrote:

I thought of bringing the number of participants down to 20...

So, ~10 people?

But yeah, I'll write everything the participants need to know down today evening, when the registration time ends.
Ekaru

Larto wrote:

yangzd88 wrote:

I thought of bringing the number of participants down to 20...

So, ~10 people?

But yeah, I'll write everything the participants need to know down today evening, when the registration time ends.
Bring it down to 21 or 20, yeah. Keep it a solid, predetermined number.

You'll have some no-shows for the preliminaries if it's anything like last time. The number of people eliminated due to performance should be really small because of that.
Hamuko
i'm in~
show more