forum

osu! Idol [CONTEST OVER - WINNER ANNOUNCED!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sweagen

Rukarioman wrote:

Don't kill me for my entry *runs*
How much you wanna bet I will get 5 points in total?
I'll bet you a dollar you won't :D

Actually on second thought you could totally get a perfect 5 it's so bad...

:lol:
Larto

Sweagen wrote:

Edit: Larto's entry was awesome o.o
I sang all week, all bloody week, and then I finally gave up because I thought I had begun sucking at singing.
I didn't even try hard with What You Waiting For. Goddamnit.

Maybe I shouldn't try at all anymore. I'll blow you all out of the water >=(
Zekira
See, told you guys Larto was OP
Hamuko

Rukarioman wrote:

Don't kill me for my entry *runs*
How much you wanna bet I will get 5 points in total?
let's see if you can get less than my round 2 score C:
Topic Starter
Haneii
Sorry about the results being late guys - I'll have them up soon.

DONE
Krisom
Really suprised to see some of the scores from the other judges.

Good luck next time ruka :3 (and mash)
Rukario

Sweagen wrote:

I'll bet you a dollar you won't :D
I want my dollar D:

Teta wrote:

let's see if you can get less than my round 2 score C:
I win the least score war.
Larto
Lol peppy gave me 3 <3
Derekku
So will round 4 be the final round (due to dropouts), or will only one person be eliminated next time?
eee

Derekku wrote:

So will round 4 be the final round (due to dropouts), or will only one person be eliminated next time?
OP says only one will win (below the results of Round 3)
Derekku

eee wrote:

Derekku wrote:

OP says only one will win (below the results of Round 3)
Yeah I fail. :v Scrolled down, checked the results, closed the spoilerbox, and then searched around trying to find information on round 4. gg me
Powerdrone
This is so very exciting! I expect the very best from the contestants!~
Hamuko

Rukarioman wrote:

oh ffffffffffff--
gz i think
orz
Xgor

Teta wrote:

Rukarioman wrote:

oh ffffffffffff--
gz i think
orz
I won the first one, that's make me cooler than you guys 8-)
Yuukari-Banteki
maybe I should enter next time, if I can ever get over being shy and all that.
Sleep Powder

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

maybe I should enter next time...
Speaking of which, when is the next time? =o

I should be able to enter my submission on time then.
Lilac
I do believe Larto is holding the next one.

All mighty God of singing.
Hamuko
i want a group osu idol thingy, for 4+ persons groups.
now i'll run away.
*Teta got away!*
Sweagen
AHHH Sorry I will have mine in later today!!
Larto
oh dear lord i might resing my voice clip brb
Topic Starter
Haneii
Judges sorry but I might be late in sending you the clips (3-4 hours), I don't get out of class until 10 tonight, but I promise It'll be the first thing I do once I get home. (don't worry you shall still have the full 72 hours to judge).

Once again, sorry :(

Edit: Sent! :D
KoromoAmae
If someone does run a season 2, I'd like to judge for it rather than compete again. If they're full up on judges I might do it though.
Sleep Powder

KoromoAmae wrote:

If someone does run a season 2, I'd like to judge for it rather than compete again. If they're full up on judges I might do it though.
But they have too D=
Krisom
Finished judging. Man, it was as hard as hell to come up with an order ;x;

Also, I'll sing for osu! Idol 2, if there's one

Also...

animask's siggy wrote:

Secretly Roddie-fanboy
It's not a secret anymore :v ( I'm his fanboy too <3.. ...I think :v)
Powerdrone

Krisom wrote:

Oh god I know.
Sleep Powder

Krisom wrote:

Also, I'll sing for osu! Idol 2, if there's one

Also...

animask's siggy wrote:

Secretly Roddie-fanboy
It's not a secret anymore :v ( I'm his fanboy too <3.. ...I think :v)
It's supposed to be a secret >3>

Also, compared to all the auditions so far---I think I would've done pretty good if I contested.
KoromoAmae
Well, I'm going to give just my personal opinions on the final submissions.

Larto: The first verse was off-beat for quite some time. After that the timing was perfect, but what happened here? Every time you sang a relatively high note, your voice just kind of dropped off, like it was dying out. It contradicts the emotion that the song was trying to convey at that point, aside from just sounding weird. There were a lot of incorrect individual notes, but they were very slightly so to the point that they don't really detract from the song. The major problems are the complete lack of power behind your high notes and the very weak opening. Unfortunately the high points happened throughout the song and made it appear weak overall.

Sweagen: You chose a song which goes well with your lack of editing timing(relatively). I think that if you properly edited the vocal track, this would sound a lot better. It has nothing against your singing ability, but rather that you didn't properly edit the vocal track to match the background. I do notice that you include a secondary vocal track, which helps accentuate the point at which you use it. It's not very effective though, given the fact that the entire track is slightly off-beat, just enough so that it's irritating. Your secondary voices also have a habit of sounding ridiculous. Very, very ridiculous. The original track didn't make them sound ridiculous, it sounded very believable instead. On the other hand, you have no idea how jealous I am of your full-voice range. I'm a Bass II, and my maximum full-voice range caps out at about G above middle C, which is pretty horrible for singing popular songs. Your pitch is phenomenal though. I think that if the secondary voices sounded more like the original, and if they were on-time, this would be an A+-class recording.

For criticism of myself: The vibrato, I can't control it well enough. Aside from the obvious issues with my $12 microphone (which I believe, is supposed to be irrelevant to judging), the issues boil down to my vibrato, and the fact that I overuse a crescendo throughout a phrase several times. I believe my pitch and timing are both spot-on. A gradual overall crescendo throughout the song emphasizes how the emotions of the singer grow with each verse. Unfortunately the microphone doesn't convey this very well. I also didn't put enough emotion into the first two verses. That would have tremendously improved how the song sounded. The hetfield-like endings to phrases worked out very well though.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I think that sweagen's round 3 submission was, vocally, the best thus far. If it was on-time with the song, that is. I wish I had that range. I do journey at karaoke sometimes, but I do it an octave down.
Hamuko

Larto: Awesome.

Sweagen: Cool.

*runs from KoromoAmae*
Sleep Powder

Is the next round finals or what?
Sweagen

KoromoAmae wrote:

Larto: The first verse was off-beat for quite some time. After that the timing was perfect, but what happened here? Every time you sang a relatively high note, your voice just kind of dropped off, like it was dying out. It contradicts the emotion that the song was trying to convey at that point, aside from just sounding weird. There were a lot of incorrect individual notes, but they were very slightly so to the point that they don't really detract from the song. The major problems are the complete lack of power behind your high notes and the very weak opening. Unfortunately the high points happened throughout the song and made it appear weak overall.

Sweagen: You chose a song which goes well with your lack of editing timing(relatively). I think that if you properly edited the vocal track, this would sound a lot better. It has nothing against your singing ability, but rather that you didn't properly edit the vocal track to match the background. I do notice that you include a secondary vocal track, which helps accentuate the point at which you use it. It's not very effective though, given the fact that the entire track is slightly off-beat, just enough so that it's irritating. Your secondary voices also have a habit of sounding ridiculous. Very, very ridiculous. The original track didn't make them sound ridiculous, it sounded very believable instead. On the other hand, you have no idea how jealous I am of your full-voice range. I'm a Bass II, and my maximum full-voice range caps out at about G above middle C, which is pretty horrible for singing popular songs. Your pitch is phenomenal though. I think that if the secondary voices sounded more like the original, and if they were on-time, this would be an A+-class recording.

For criticism of myself: The vibrato, I can't control it well enough. Aside from the obvious issues with my $12 microphone (which I believe, is supposed to be irrelevant to judging), the issues boil down to my vibrato, and the fact that I overuse a crescendo throughout a phrase several times. I believe my pitch and timing are both spot-on. A gradual overall crescendo throughout the song emphasizes how the emotions of the singer grow with each verse. Unfortunately the microphone doesn't convey this very well. I also didn't put enough emotion into the first two verses. That would have tremendously improved how the song sounded. The hetfield-like endings to phrases worked out very well though.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I think that sweagen's round 3 submission was, vocally, the best thus far. If it was on-time with the song, that is. I wish I had that range. I do journey at karaoke sometimes, but I do it an octave down.
Omg that was an excellent post! And thanks for all the good feedback (and the bad) :P I also think it's really coincidental and awesome that the song you did for the final was the one my friend wanted me to do and recommended me, but I ended up sticking with Bohemian Rhapsody (since that and 'Piano Man' were the only other 2 songs I was ready to do) even though I unfortunately couldn't hit the highest of Freddy's notes while singing in my tenor voice so I had to drop it down quite a bit, which might have made the beginning kinda boring... xP and you sounded reallly good. Also, sorry to everyone about the timing issues I always seem to have in songs though I think I had the least timing issues in this recording than any of my others. :D And also yesss for ridiculous voices... and sorry if they were a bit too ridiculous. :?

Overall, I think you have the best recording though and I think it's likely you will win this idol... :D
Topic Starter
Haneii
CONGRATS KOROMO!

aww its over :(

osu! Idol 2 - Hosted by Larto - should start soon, so we can all look forward to that :)
Kiddo-Kun

Haneii wrote:

aww its over :(

osu! Idol 2 - Hosted by Larto - should start soon, so we can all look forward to that :)
So soon O_O?
Krisom
Congratulations to everyone, great job, now get out of my grass :v
eee
good job to everyone of you guys.
Congrats to KoromoAmae :O
since I'm not very good at judging, I'll probably participate in the next round... Yeah, I'm so good at singing
Sweagen
Congrats Koromo! :D

It was really fun competing everyone hopefully season 2 will be even awesomer :P (With more people in the initial rounds and maybe some girls trying out) :)
KoromoAmae
Special thanks to Haneii for organizing this. The whole thing went really smoothly, especially considering we hadn't even decided on a scoring system until it was time for the first round.
Derekku
Congrats!

And a great job to everyone that participated! :p
Powerdrone
I had a very good time participating as a judge, and I'm very excited to see what comes of osu! Idol season 2!
Ekaru
I figured out that I was just holding the microphone way too close. I'm definitely participating next time. I might have to go with Japanese songs, though, due to my speech impediment that makes me talk English funny when I don't focus and try really really hard to talk right. We'll see.

Congrats KokoroAmae!
Lilac
Damn it Larto.

Make osu! Idol 2 already. :P
show more