forum

What's the easiest way to spin?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YMSmash
I've been having a lot of trouble with spinning lately, especially when its either A) there are beats after the spin. I tend to lose control and miss 2-3 beats before getting back my control, and B) the spin lasts for more than 3 seconds. My spin becomes something like a straight line horizontally and when i try to get back my spin it becomes significantly harder to do. also i cant do the small circle spins since im a mouse player and it's really hard to do. for reference i spin only with my wrists, but sometimes the mouse slides down my palms and its really irritating because i'd have to reposition my hands/wrists

so is there trick to spinning for a much longer time without turning into some horizontal line AND still be able to gain control after?
StephOsu

tl;dr spin in tiny circles
Deva
1. Dont bother trying to spin fast because you cant do it.
2. Spin slowly so you can make sure that you are actually spinning.
3. Repeat second step until you can spin 300rpm.

After that you will just start to spin faster naturally.

If you use 987654345678765678 dpi dont even bother thinking that you will learn to spin.

Also dont think that getting a tablet will help you spin faster.
Lagel

StephOsu wrote:

tl;dr spin in tiny circles
"Your wrist feels more comfortable spinning inwards towards your body"
gee thanks for telling me what's comfortable and what's not, but if that's so, why can't i spin counter clockwise? it's supposed tO bE COmfortABLE buT iT's NOT?!
StephOsu

Lagel wrote:

"Your wrist feels more comfortable spinning inwards towards your body"
gee thanks for telling me what's comfortable and what's not, but if that's so, why can't i spin counter clockwise? it's supposed tO bE COmfortABLE buT iT's NOT?!
ask donuts instead of me
I'm just a person who think that some of the information can be useful in there
the final minute of the video is really important though if you hadn't watch that part yet
Barusamikosu
Are you trying to spin fast? A relaxed circular motion will already get you to 300+ SPM which is enough to clear most spinners on Insanes.
Topic Starter
YMSmash
So basically, spin slow for starters so i can get used to it. gotcha. and i wasnt gonna get a tablet anyway. im a lefty after all. i wont be able to learn it quickly, so id rather improve myself on the mouse than learning a whole different thing
wingedoracle
Does your computer have a touch screen? Just asking. I'm a lefty, and I do way better on my computer's touch screen.
Topic Starter
YMSmash
sadly, no. my monitor's a normal monitor lol
Topic Starter
YMSmash
spinning slower was a HUGE help. huge thanks to the guy who pointed that out. ive been able to form almost perfect circles AND be able to maintain control after the spin. the only thing that i still have to practice is making smaller circles.
Joukai Zachelon
Just as you should progress from easy songs to harder ones in your osu! journey, you should also spin from the easy to hard way, start it slow and with big circles around the center, clockwise or counter-clockwise is up to you (although personally it feels better to spin inwards), then progress to spinning faster and close to the middle
Fxjlk
Isn't spinning easier on mouse? I found it hard till I hit 70k, now i spin 400rpm consistantly
Sayorie
just clear the spinner and you're all good

if you don't manage to clear a spinner with 300 rpm then blame it as "bad mapping" and move on

spin too hard and your aim will get bad
LoliPantsu
move your cursor in a circle shape