forum

[invalid] Auto-deleting unused accounts

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Shino
*This is just a suggestion, not a request that kind of 'do-this-please'.

I don't know how much the multi-accounts exist, but the accounts that are unusing would be probably a lot.

My reason about this suggestion is:
  1. Interfering with changing username
  2. Multi-accounting
  3. The people who never play game and just troll in chat
So setting conditions would be good.
(like this: joined 3 months or over + play count below 10 + no uploaded beatmap... etc.)

This won't be perfect solution about multi-account problem, but I think this would solve some parts(and maybe other problems too).
Azure_Kite
Uhh.... You can take a user's name that's already taken IF they have <10 plays and haven't been active in so many months.
Hitsujimi
Maybe they can still come back, or have a problem on their computer, I don't think that would be fair.. :(
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

Changes now work for old but inactive users. Conditions are:

User must have a playcount of less than 100 (across all game modes).
User must not have logged in for 640 days or more.

Enjoy and don't abuse.
so yeah...
you can take old usernames...it'll take a bit of waiting thou...or did i just miss the point?
Derekku
The point would be automatically deleting old accounts rather than people wanting a namechange forcing the deletion.
deadbeat
so the same thing could apply. but auto delete accounts once those conditions have been met instead?
Zekira
Remember when peppy spotted (some time this year) a user who hasn't logged on since 2008?
Digikid13
Ya, I didn't login for a couple months cause my computer died on me, and I was new at that time so this wouldn't really work.
Neo Adonis
Use inactivity period as conditions wouldn't be fair. But I agree with many others. Let's say a user creates its account and doesn't use it on three months SINCE THEN. Maybe we can delete it. Anyway, if he/she wanna return to osu!, he/she can just create again the account. But not deleting an account with many achievements unless the user is inactive for a very very long period of time.

Well, well... support!
Repflez
Why not instead of deleting the accounts, send a reminder every x months (6 months for example) saying that the user still haves an account here and a link to delete the account if the user doesn't want it anymore.
Claudia_old

Reperawin wrote:

Why not instead of deleting the accounts, send a reminder every x months (6 months for example) saying that the user still haves an account here and a link to delete the account if the user doesn't want it anymore.
Then if a user claims their nickname, said inactive person can't get their account back. Nobody will click the link to terminate their account if an e-mail gets sent, they'll just be content that their account still exists and move on with their life.

But there's already the 640 day cutoff for username changes, I don't really see creating another one especially if it's so unforgiving like 3 months or something.
Stefan
Probably something we shouldn't bother about, also a rather bad idea because of said reasons above. Let's send this to the orbit.