forum

Additional Columns On Player Ranking Page

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ThePassingShadow
This thread is for suggestions regarding more columns for the player ranking page. That way, if anyone else has any more requests that are similar to mine, they don't have to make a separate thread. I understand there are already quite a few columns showing quantities (SS, S, A) but I think maybe adding a few more would not be too difficult.

I only have one request of my own:

#1 Scores
If a player is ranked, say, tenth online for a song, there isn't much incentive for them to try to get the number one score. It'd be very difficult for that player to pass the number one score, and their ranked score would probably only go up by a few thousand, even with extreme mods. The person ranked tenth probably already has an S or perhaps even an SS on the song, so they don't want to go through all the work and difficulty increasing mods to get to be number one. Besides, maybe no one will really even notice that particular #1 score.

The solution to making scores more competitive is adding a column for #1 scores. I feel I already know many people will be strongly against this idea, calling it 'unnecessary' or 'excessive'. But there are already listings for SS, so why not ? I know coding this into the site probably won't be easy either... Perhaps it could be a feature only for the top fifty players (first page of ranked scores). People could 'brag' or show off their count of number one scores to friends.

Please consider my request and let me know what you think. It's an attempt at making some parts of Osu! more competitive.
Echo
I think this is a good idea.

Saturos would probably have [insert number of ranked beatmaps here] in the column though :P
Topic Starter
ThePassingShadow

Echo49 wrote:

I think this is a good idea.

Saturos would probably have [insert number of ranked beatmaps here] in the column though :P
This is true, but he has earned it. Heh.
Saturos
Hey now. I'm slowly losing ground lately, and I refuse to use difficulty mods, so I'm limitting myself on #1's in that way.

<3
Gemi
I agree with having this stat shown on either the ranking list or in the player profile.

I'd also like to see the possibility to sort players according to number of SS, S and A scores.
fdtoonsman
Agreed.

Also, there should be an option to see individual scores on all of someone's songs on their user page. I'd really like to be able to log on to the forums from another computer and check "oh, I got a B score on that Mike Teavee map with a HalfTime mod." Because when I'm on someone else's computer, they're not going to let you download a game and install/play it just to find your score.

Download: XL Project - Deep Mountain (Fight69) [596108's Taiko].osu
Gemi

fdtoonsman wrote:

Also, there should be an option to see individual scores on all of someone's songs on their user page. I'd really like to be able to log on to the forums from another computer and check "oh, I got a B score on that Mike Teavee map with a HalfTime mod." Because when I'm on someone else's computer, they're not going to let you download a game and install/play it just to find your score.
That'd be quite a lits with the current 1400+ ranked maps. Would probably cause "some" server drain with everyone checking on the list all the time. This is why the game client shows your ranks in the song wheel and even your online scores when you select the song.

Besides, what do you do with the info when you don't have the access to the game (your example of being at a friends house) to get better scores?

Also, you can already visit the pages for individual songs to see your scores on them.
fdtoonsman

Gemi wrote:

fdtoonsman wrote:

That'd be quite a lits with the current 1400+ ranked maps. Would probably cause "some" server drain with everyone checking on the list all the time. This is why the game client shows your ranks in the song wheel and even your online scores when you select the song.

Besides, what do you do with the info when you don't have the access to the game (your example of being at a friends house) to get better scores?

Also, you can already visit the pages for individual songs to see your scores on them.
Fair enough then.
Topic Starter
ThePassingShadow

Saturos wrote:

Hey now. I'm slowly losing ground lately, and I refuse to use difficulty mods, so I'm limitting myself on #1's in that way.

<3
It's okay Saturos. No one thinks any less of you.