forum

New osu! Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +311
show more
Rilene

OperaMini0 wrote:

Along with how they started ranking maps for iidx songs again.
Did they get permission from konami to use their songs again? If they didn't and osu gets attention from konami again, konami could remove songs from all of their games on osu. I've seen this removal request, but I haven't seen anything saying that konami gave the green light to new iidx maps.
Oh well, KONAMI does not allow their songs (or just Beatmania IIDX) to be uploaded (means no permission), if they found it again, they will remove it again, also the more they made such an request, the chance of getting sued is raising higher and higher.

Also applies to jubeat, REFLEC BEAT, DDR, SDVX and pop'n music, however they don't get noticed easily like beatmania where majority of the songs were in that game.

To be honest, it is way too similar with osu!mania, implementing it would be just like making a copy of gamemode and adding features to it, I'm not against this idea, would be nice addition to osu!mania but not as a seperate gamemode and I'm just concerned about the copyright issues which could cause a real issues to the game itself.

It is just my opinion, don't bash on me.
konekokittenzzz

OperaMini0 wrote:

who would make maps for it
it's like 14K

everyone that would play it already plays another game that does the same thing
It's 6 keys plus two analog controls.

As an avid KSM/K-Shoot MANIA charter, a tool for charting could easily be made and isn't really that complex to make charts as it sounds like it is.

On the request of a SDVX/Sound Voltex mode, I really do not think it's needed because of the fact that was have:
KSM (K-Shoot MANIA)
and ED2 (Effect Drive 2, a new SDVX sim coming in a few months)

If it was added though, I hope people know how to chart similar to SDVX charting. I won't be able to stand for LN spam in a gamemode like this.

I don't think it would work well on a keyboard. It would need to be played on a controller to be played properly. Not saying that it's not possible on keyboard (as i know some really good KSM players that play on a keyboard and have never touched a controller), but it seems like it would be better on a controller.

However, if it was ever added, absolutely NO actual SDVX charts ever. That's just asking for a DCMA.
Baebee
I don't really think that this is needed.. That looks really confusing also.
abraker
The only way I see this doable without mimicking N+2 keys is having some kind of feet slider controller (slide your feet to do those whatchya-call-it). Unrealistic idea and an unrealistic mode for osu! as cool as it looks.
hyouri

abraker wrote:

The only way I see this doable without mimicking N+2 keys is having some kind of feet slider controller (slide your feet to do those whatchya-call-it). Unrealistic idea and an unrealistic mode for osu! as cool as it looks.
"unrealistic" just leave this thread

So ignorant. You're saying "I find this confusing because my non-existent brain can't handle it, so it's unrealistic to have another RHYTHM game mode for osu!"
konekokittenzzz
I still find it funny how people think playing this isn't possible on keyboard.

It's possible. It just takes time to learn.
Ven
id love this mode, i always watch tbl kitten streams!
Ender Lain
1. That's not 4K Mania
abraker

hyouri wrote:

So ignorant. You're saying "I find this confusing because my non-existent brain can't handle it, so it's unrealistic to have another RHYTHM game mode for osu!"
It's the controls this mode is made for that makes it unrealistic. This mode would be best played with analog controls. By using digital controls, you are mimicking N+2k keymodes.
Scanline
lmao @ All the people saying it would be too confusing, that's the point of rhythm games, they're supposed to be confusing. That's why everyone hates Osu!mania.
Look at simulators like LR2 and Kshoot mania, they're meant to be complex and confusing unlike noodle spam mania.
People are saying key setups are too confusing, look at the way people play Lr2 on the keyboard, it's do-able.

It would be interesting to have the game implemented in Osu especially for the ranking system but otherwise its pointless, the same kind of games exist mind you all of osu is just a copy of other games too so it would probably fit.
abraker
lmao @ All the people saying it would be too confusing, that's the point of rhythm games, they're supposed to be confusing.
In my view rhythm games have to follow rhythm, have interesting patterns, and have optimal controls for playing the mode. If you think it supposed to be confusing then you prefer difficulty over enjoyability.
TakuMii
^SDVX isn't too confusing IMO... Once you get the hang of it, it actually flows very well (even at lower difficulties). The only real issue I have with a mode like this is that it's just not quite the same game without the arcade control setup, which I doubt most people have access to.
Hazrd

TBLKitten wrote:

For the record, I made this KSM skin x3
akashot_old

Hazrd wrote:

TBLKitten wrote:

For the record, I made this KSM skin x3

Its impossible to me, i can play EX 14 and 15. What is ur setting ?
konekokittenzzz

akashot wrote:

Its impossible to me, i can play EX 14 and 15. What is ur setting ?

I didn't make this video. Some member over at the KSM facebook group did.
Nyquill
you know at this point what we're really dying for is an actually good KSM editor, not another sim.
abraker

abraker wrote:

Unrealistic idea and an unrealistic mode for osu! as cool as it looks.
*sigh* At this point, with 100+ stars, there is little chance of going back. Guess I will need to change gears. Time to discuss mods, how much pp it will be worth, whether this be part of mania or an entirely different mode, and other good debatable stuff.
Remyria

KyTheGuy wrote:

Look at simulators like LR2 and Kshoot mania, they're meant to be complex and confusing unlike noodle spam mania.
People are saying key setups are too confusing, look at the way people play Lr2 on the keyboard, it's do-able.
What does make LR2 more "complex and confusing" than osumania?
LittleBird-

HighBPM wrote:

Hello there! I know, what osu! should have! It's Sound Voltex mode, called osu!voltex
It's like 4K osu!mania but with:
FX Notes:

Controls: RIGHT FX Right Shift, LEFT FX Left Shift
Volume Notes:
2 lines in left (blue line) and right (red line) sides. You can move it to left and right by buttons (RIGHT VOL O/P; LEFT VOL Q/W)

ALL DEFAULT CONTROLS
Notes: SD KL
FX: Left Shift, Right Shift
VOL: Q/W O/P
Play KSM
Sarahkuai
... well this is a good idea but, that's make osu more difficult, especialy for rank this mode -_-
shut up!, & play K-shootmania
osu123fan
Where i choose osu!voltex mode?
Ameth Rianno

osu123fan wrote:

Where i choose osu!voltex mode?
there's no osu!voltex in this game- this is just a feature request

play ksm instead
osu!voltex as its name? no please :/
Shiuzyo
lel nice try, but that idea is similar to one of Azer's play
i believe that game was called insane technique :l
idk tbh
konekokittenzzz

Shiuzyo wrote:

lel nice try, but that idea is similar to one of Azer's play
i believe that game was called insane technique :l
idk tbh
It's called K-Shoot MANIA, a simulator of sound voltex.

The OP even mentioned it in his/her post. What are you on about?
Anadyomene
Maybe instead of implementing it in to osu!, peppy could get a hold of the devs of kshootmania and give it that osu! polish with global rankings, a beatmap page where you can find all beatmaps. It could also be linked to your osu! account and have its own little section on your profile. The game is already made and is super interesting, fun and fast paced, it just needs more online functionality and polish which cross-development between our boys and the ksm devs could bring.

There's even controllers that you can buy (google Virgoo), and an editor where you can create "charts". Kshootmania has a very small community that pretty much revolve around a single Facebook group, so more attention to it would be awesome.
-Atri-
Tell me, where to buy SDVX controllers?
Anadyomene

KuranteMelodii wrote:

Tell me, where to buy SDVX controllers?
Here's the most popular model http://en.virgoo.me/

...and here are some cheaper ones http://www.gamo2.com/en/2015_summer_en/