forum

Screenshot upload link

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +359
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Instead of opening the screenshot you upload using Shift-F12 in your browser as soon as it's done uploading, why not be linked in chat? This gives two benefits: you can keep playing after taking a screenshot, and you have a little screenshot history in your chat logs. Plus, opening the screenshot in your browser isn't really expected at first...

I think getting a private message in a dedicated tab would work best, though it could be a line in #osu or the active tab or something.
peppy
Or just clipboard? I was considering swapping to to clipboard many times.
Kitsunemimi

peppy wrote:

But then that means you won't get any little screenshot histories in your chatlogs.

I personally never use osu! for screenshots, but having a history handy would be very useful in my opinion.
Gabi
if anything like a history chatlog would appear (which would be great) could it also have the recent highlights in it? /thread hijack

and yes i know there is a topic about it already, but just thought we might be able to get 2 in 1 here.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

if anything like a history chatlog would appear (which would be great) could it also have the recent highlights in it? /thread hijack

and yes i know there is a topic about it already, but just thought we might be able to get 2 in 1 here.
Good idea! =D

Dunno if they should be mixed, though...

For clipboard: I don't think normal users would expect a link to appear in their clipboard, because it's not something you can really see. I wouldn't want the URL going into my clipboard myself, especially if I'm mapping (because I copy-paste a lot while mapping).
meeeeeeeeeeeeau
clipboarding makes sense, but will it have a history in case I upload multiple screenshots?
Flanster
Congrats on bumping a thread thats been dead for 5 years.
VeilStar

peppy wrote:

I'd like to see this.
O2MasterFX

LoliFlan wrote:

Way better than create a new one, isn't it?
abraker

LoliFlan wrote:

As well as avoiding a duplicate request. Those 54 kudosus, LoliFlan.

peppy wrote:

Having a link in the chat instead of having it just open would be preferable. Having it go straight to clipboard may not be good all the time. Consider when you copied something and don't want it overwritten by the link. Just a tiny more flexibility this way, IMO.
VeilStar

abraker wrote:

be preferable. Having it go straight to clipboard may not be good all the time. Consider when you copied something and don't want it overwritten by the link. Just a tiny more flexibility this way, IMO.
On that note I propose the following; Have it copy to the clipboard if you click the screenshot notification bubble (at the bottom right)?
abraker

VeilStar wrote:

abraker wrote:

be preferable. Having it go straight to clipboard may not be good all the time. Consider when you copied something and don't want it overwritten by the link. Just a tiny more flexibility this way, IMO.
On that note I propose the following; Have it copy to the clipboard if you click the screenshot notification bubble (at the bottom right)?
I second that.
meeeeeeeeeeeeau
How do we keep this thread alive, till someone gets time to look at it?
or we are sure new posts will be looked at no matter what?
drum drum

meeeeeeeeeeeeau wrote:

How do we keep this thread alive, till someone gets time to look at it?
or we are sure new posts will be looked at no matter what?
read this please
PieInOblivion
Wouldn't it be easiest to integrate 'Puush' into chat/Osu!?
Say you take a screenshot, then you have a tab somewhere in Osu! where you can see your 'Recent Uploads' and get the links, just like in the Puush application.
Good idea, I like it!