forum

Chess

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ochinchi-sama
Chess is a game , Ya know ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
EneT
Yeah chess is gud
Taskmaster
what's the point of this thread? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Karuta-_old_1
-SayaKai
lolwut
Cerulean Veyron

EneT wrote:

Yeah chess is gud
EneT
Lol, ok I'm gonna try to actually put meaning to this thread
Chess is fun, I like to play Blitz chess which is when you only have 5 mins in total to do all your moves. Compared to normal ppl I'm pretty good at chess but compared to chess players I'm pretty shit.

Lets just make this a thread where any of you chess afficiados can discuss the game, like:
  1. what are your favourite openings?
  2. What advice would you give to beginners?
  3. What is your main strategy when going into a game
  4. Post a pic of a game you recently had so we can discuss which move was the best on that specific time
Also, if you play on any online chess websites, feel free to leave your Username so we can play against each other.
I play on Chess.com with the User name OreoPrince
I haven't been on in a while though so PM me here if you want to play me
FuZ

EneT wrote:

[*]what are your favourite openings?
This anime looks interesting but i can't find it
Topic Starter
Ochinchi-sama

FuZ38100 wrote:

EneT wrote:

[*]what are your favourite openings?
This anime looks interesting but i can't find it
Banter :D
MBomb
I'm actually gonna add some more actual stuff about chess to this thread lol.

A fun game I've found is team chess, where you have 2 boards, 2 teams, and 4 players (2 for each team), and you have one team member against a member of the other team (of course). The twist is, that you and your teammate play different colours (so one black, one white) on your respective boards, and when your teammate takes a piece, you get that piece, and you can put it anywhere on the board (as long as you are not putting the opponent into check). You also have the option to just keep the piece off the board until you find a good place to put it, or a turn comes up where that piece is needed. (I think another rule is that you can't put a pawn onto the opponents back line, turning it into a queen, as that would be too overpowered).

The main problem with this game however, is it that it can take a long amount of time, as players can wait for their teammate to take a piece before doing their move, so most players put a time limit on moves to avoid this.

Alright thanks for reading, hopefully this helps get the thread on the right track.

However, I am actually a really bad chess player, I always end up losing, I have no strategy lol
EneT

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

However, I am actually a really bad chess player, I always end up losing, I have no strategy lol
There's a difference between strategy and tactics.
The main difference is that strategy is thinking ahead what you are going to do, what the opponent is going to do and identifying your objective.
Tactics is using the current resources you have then implementing them in order to achieve that objective.
For example, me thinking what move to do next is considered strategy; me forking 2 pieces with a knight is considered tactics
Once you have a clear understanding of the difference between them you get a better understanding of how to play Chess. In fact knowing this can raise your skill level in chess greatly, it is one of the basic things you must know when playing chess competitively.