forum

Maestro! Jump in Music - NDS Rhythm game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
It's not really like any other rhythm game. It combines a lot of other games such as ouendan's hitcircles/sliders/even some spinners, GH DS's strumming, taiko drums, and the likes.

The trailer gives you pretty basic, easy-mode. You're a little bird guy running a set path along lines which you strum to bounce/jump, collecting fruit along the way. There's 6 different worlds usually containing 3-5 levels, followed by a boss at the end which is a pretty simple Simon-says type thing (or memorization, for a better score.) As you progress to each different world you encounter new enemies you must pop, slide, and spin, all in a rhythmic manner. Most of the tracks are classic/original pieces, much which you will recognize. Each object you slide/pop/strum/whatever produces a hit sound that all comes together very nicely to produce the song.

The game is very hard to explain, and I can't even find any harder stages on youtube to show you. Your first play-through you're forced to start on easy-mode, but at the later levels it's really not easy at all. You can probably run through all the stages in an hour or two, so if you're looking for a real challenge it's not far away. I just completed easy and started hard and it's butt fucking the shit out of me. I'm getting like 70-80% on the first world.

As lame and kiddish as the game might sound, you should definitely give it a try. There's no other rhythm game similar to it.
NotShinta
I wanted to try this a while ago, forgot about it

Also the bird looks pretty gay but you knew that
Nakata Yuji
This looks pretty cool, worth a shot.
LuigiHann
Pretty fun. The midi version of Our House is impressively spot-on... ABC sounds awful though. Still working through Easy mode, Normal should be pretty interesting.
Topic Starter
Rolled
ABC is terrible on hard.

Also took notice that your highest score isn't shown by what % you got, rather a letter ranking. From what I gathered (which isn't much) 95%+ is A+, and a 100% is A*. Only have A* on the first 3 levels on easy. Collecting A*'s on hard is near impossible.

I'm assuming getting A* on bosses will require 100% memorization and gold hits, which is pretty lame if correct.

So far my favorite song is World 3 (Yellow Allegro's) 3rd track, The Four Seasons. It's great on hard. Lots of fruit you have to collect by jumping up and down. It's great.
Azure_Kite
I've had this for quite a while, but for some reason I got bored pretty quickly playing through it. The way the different objects are timed to the songs is quite cool though.