forum

Adding a sticky in help section. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Yingwu
I've seen like hundreds of people saying 'I don't have tahoma font' or any other common font.

This is bugging me a lot and apparently peppy too when i saw his last reaction.

Can't we make on topic where we put the most common font download links in and sticky it so we can refer to it? (Or that people can see it immediately when browsing the help section).
Guy-kun
Most people who post the errors can't make out that the error requires them to download the Tahoma font, which is why they post it usually
I don't support this, not many people will understand that a font is what they need or be bothered to compare error messages

What I do support though, is peppy creating a custom error in-game that says the user is missing the Tahoma font.
Derekku
People never search or read the stickies anyway. :|
peppy

Guy-kun wrote:

What I do support though, is peppy creating a custom error in-game that says the user is missing the Tahoma font.
The funny part is, this exists.

"You don't seem to have the Windows default font 'Tahoma' installed. Please obtain and install this font!"

I am reluctant to provide a download link as Tahoma is a licensed font. And googling gives you a download link.
mm201
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19232
Issue #12.

If people aren't going to read this sticky before posting problems, they won't be reading any brand new stickies either.
Denying this since we already have it.