forum

osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loctav

Wiki | Livestream

Welcome to the osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 Discussion Thread.
Here you can discuss everything related to the biggest worldwide osu! Taiko tournament.
OnosakiHito
Good luck to all the participants of the TWC 2015! Let's have an exciting tournament.
Like in TWC #1, #2 and #3, I made this year another banner. Hope you guys like it.

Information

Group Stage Mappool conclusion
RO16 Mappool conclusion

TWC Mapper Ranking
Thelma
probability of Indonesian players will sign up: <50%

so i don't give a shit for this

good luck for people who join this tournament.
Topic Starter
Loctav

Thelma wrote:

probability of Indonesian players will sign up: <50%

so i don't give a shit for this

good luck for people who join this tournament.

Sure? Indonesia is well known for registering in every World Cup with at least 15 teams :/
Nashmun
Hype hype :D

Hum, this new registration system seems to be good to allow more countries to participate because we'll actually see which player from which country is willing to participate instead of people directly saying "We can't join" . But this is also a weird idea considering it won't allow intra-country discusion between the players in order to build a team. Of course we can still do that ingame, or in our subforum, but it won't prevent someone to register without consulting them.

Last point that isn't very clear to me is this part : "Among equally strong players, the Tournament Management may let the gamble decide." So basically, if two players within the same level range register, you could eventually pick randomly between them ? So if we actually think player A would be a better addition than player B to our team even if both of them want to compete there is a chance that player B get to play even if we collectivelly wanted player A to ?

Thanks in advance for the clarifications
Backfire
-snip-

Be more clear with your rules, I understand it's new, but try to clean up the new additions so that we can fully understand, thanks.
Topic Starter
Loctav
"## Teams will be formed with the help of local representatives among a list of valid registrations."

Applied that to the wiki page. Keep in mind that the tournament management will surely seek for help forming the teams after finding a valid and responsible person among all registered players per country to assist founding the actual team.
VirtualMuffin
I've only just recovered from the amazing owc we just had :P !

I hope that the staff have a nicer tournament organisation wise this time :) !
FlyingKiwi
Why can't you stream all the matches in a different time for the group stages? and could you stream all the matches in multiple channels this time?
Thelma

Loctav wrote:

Sure? Indonesia is well known for registering in every World Cup with at least 15 teams :/
lol. Taiko is not popular as other mode in Indonesia

so, yeah

all hail France
LunaticP
Sign-up is done individually

Tournament Management will found teams

so the TM can actually pick players

wow so exciting

If you don't want some players to get in just ask 100 player sign-up then you can minimize his/her chance to get in
abrian
Well, nicely done..
Good luck to all the contestants lol
Or in other words, have fun picking the teams tournament manager.
Nwolf
You didn't get it

The Tournament Management will not enforce specific teams. As it currently stands (as explained yesterday in #taiko) it will more than likely be that a trustworthy player that registered gets to be captain and get a list of people that are able to play in the tournament and then they can discuss with them and pick a team. So you ARE able to play "in your team" if you want. Loctav stated that he does not want the management to pick teams for players
Korakov
My choke meter will be increased here, so yeah, NOPE.

Good luck for the tourney!

i've got cringe stuff and obviously i won't tell you :^)
XK2238

Thelma wrote:

Loctav wrote:

lol. Taiko is not popular as other mode in Indonesia
this
a lot of our Taiko players are busy IRL and another (bigger) lot of them have quitted/are inactive too lolz

also it's kinda new to me that FL and 2+ mods have been allowed. I wonder how it will fare in the matches... better, I'd say. :U

Anyways good luck to all the participants o/
Luna
Oh god, please ban HDHR and FL. Nothing good comes from allowing them.
There's pretty much two possible outcomes:
1. Someone uses dual screen for a free win. Everyone gets mad. Nobody gets punished because DS is freaking unprovable. Heck, someone could just print out the patterns on a sheet of paper and, due to the linear nature of Taiko, play off of that. Literally impossible to detect.
2. Someone actually memorizes an entire map perfectly and wins it for his team. People will get mad. Accusations get thrown around. It's pretty damn hard to prove your innocence, even with liveplay videos, since it's so easy to hide some kind of memory assist in a dead angle of the camera. Even if the liveplay convinces people that this player is capable of achieving such scores - there's nothing to say he didn't DS during the match due to pressure to perform/for consistency. People will still doubt.
Stuff like that ruins the competition pretty much. It would be a different matter if DS were actually detectable, but you all know fully well that it isn't.

Okay, I lied, there's three possible outcomes. The third - and most likely one - is that nobody even touches those mods. But if that's what you are going for, why even allow them in the first place?
senkai
wouldnt the FL/HDHR mod let a player who has known the map for a long time have the advantage?

example,
two equally skilled players play a map, wherein
1. player 1 has known the song for a long time, and have already tried to do FL, or HDHR on it, while on the other hand,
2. player 2 have never tried doing FL/HDHR on it, but had excellent records on the said map.
Clearly player 1 would just keep on practicing on it to improve his memory on the song, while player 2 will need to memorize the whole map from scratch. :?
MYRKUL
Don't ask me why, but my forecast is cancellation due to lack of players/teams
Nwolf
no
Nashmun

MYRKUL wrote:

Don't ask me why, but my forecast is cancellation due to lack of players/teams
Sure, that's probably why Loctav is flooded by registration PM since the news came out ;)
MYRKUL
Well, much better indeed
Yuzeyun
Please no HRHD or FL+ in the TWC, it's unfair...
Luna explained it well : either with FL people will just shamelessly print out the damn score and play off it, or for HRHD there will be legit players, but some others will be put at disadvantage because of their resolution.

Luna wrote:

Okay, I lied, there's three possible outcomes. The third - and most likely one - is that nobody even touches those mods. But if that's what you are going for, why even allow them in the first place?
That outcome will not happen just so you know.
show more