forum

Automatic updating when opening osu! [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
rcmero
I'm a bit annoyed by this and feel that it would be a lot easier if the program would just update itself.
What do you think?

(note: by "Having to update itself" I mean not asking for confirmation to update.)
Yingwu
I don´t think it´s too much of an effort to push one button and i can also imagine that some people don´t want to update yet because they want to do it later after a lot of problems being solved.

So I don´t know. Half-Support
anonymous_old
I think osume should load as soon as an update was detected, without showing the game. I agree with this request.
peppy
Have been considering changing this for a while now. It does make perfect sense (unless osu! is open when the update is released).
mm201
Passively download the update while the program is running but not in Play mode.
Offer to apply the update on exit/launch.
Derekku
Automatically update when launching. Offer to update if already in-game when a new update appears (as is currently the case)

My two cents (for the third or fourth time).
awp
idk this would kind of bother me to a degree since sometimes I want to spend all of 20 seconds on osu! to check something out and don't care about updating (which could easily take up to another 20 seconds).

But I'm lazy and on test client I really wouldn't be bothered if my public auto-updated itself to latest that's fine with me.