forum

Guest Difficulty Suggestions. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
So these ideas are pretty stupid and probably have been mentioned before but I guess I'll post them anyway just to see if anybody else likes these .-..

So first, there's discussion about "Guest diff = kudosu", because the current thing at the top of a beatmap thread says "If the post is deemed helpful." This can simply be changed to "You will gain (1 or 2) kudosu upon modding this map, if the creator deems it helpful."

It's a small change, but it makes it clear that "modding only .-."

Second of all, there should be more things with guest difficulties. Such as, there can be an option in Song Setup that states "This is a guest difficulty" and a faded out box under it. Upon checking "This is a guest difficulty", you can type in the name (Only one name) of an osu user. The game will search for the user in its user database, and it will "upload" the difficulty to the guest mapper's page. The beatmap section of a user's page would now have "Ranked Guest Difficulties" "Pending Guest Difficulties" and "Graveyarded Guest Difficluties (Although these can just be combined and have a little symbol representing a guest diff, but it makes the "Pending Guest Difficulties" section look a bit better, so people aren't confused on if they've reached their mapping limit.). Nothing really happens at this point, except the guest mapper can now edit his/her own difficulty (not the others) if (s)he chooses to do so (Similar to how certain members are given mod privelages for certain forums). If and when the map gets ranked, the user will recieve the same addition/subtraction to their mapper ranking as the actual mapper.
You still will be able to make unlimited guest difficulties (which is why I'd prefer separate sub-sections for guest diffs) if you choose to do so.

It's 10:53 PM, so my idea may be a bit holey and akwardly written, but I'm hoping you understand at least the jist of what I'm trying to say.

Thank you for your time.
Derekku
0_o
I'm pretty sure the second part is on osz2 thing.
awp
Re: the first part, note the keywords being "post" and "helpful". It may need clarification (given the threshold of intelligence) but "post" refers to the words on the screen inside the boxes made by each forum user (the 'post'). It's not referring to attachments or uploads (even though some people actually mod by uploading difficulties, for example when timing) but the actual words contained in the post. But are guest difficulties helping a mapper, or are they just alleviating the workload? What do you learn from guest difficulties, exactly? I've only had one, and I didn't learn anything from it
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

awp wrote:

Re: the first part, note the keywords being "post" and "helpful". It may need clarification (given the threshold of intelligence) but "post" refers to the words on the screen inside the boxes made by each forum user (the 'post'). It's not referring to attachments or uploads (even though some people actually mod by uploading difficulties, for example when timing) but the actual words contained in the post. But are guest difficulties helping a mapper, or are they just alleviating the workload? What do you learn from guest difficulties, exactly? I've only had one, and I didn't learn anything from it
Do you mean learn anything from making a guest diff, or learning anything from having a guest diff? :3.

Other than that I agree with you.
awp

CDFA wrote:

Do you mean learn anything from making a guest diff, or learning anything from having a guest diff? :3.
(what) do you think?

The modding process is a learning exercise for the mapper. Yeah, the modders will probably learn things too, but what you learn from making a guest difficulty has nothing to do with kudosu.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

awp wrote:

CDFA wrote:

(what) do you think?
;~; I think it's the 2nd one

I'd like some more opinions on this, as I feel this would very much help with guest diffing in general ~.