forum

[invalid] Option to hide unnecessary data on profile.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
hehe
To elaborate, most of these data (playcount, total score, total hits, level) available on each profile is pretty much unnecessary and comes from a dated era where a more accurate measure of skill was not available (ppv2 yes, implying ppv2 is more accurate). Right now, most of these are just ways people can track how much effort and time they have put into the game. However, if possible, this could be changed to 'Time Spent Online' and 'Time Spent Playing', but that is a totally different suggestion altogether.

With a bunch of people (it gets annoying) talking about how ([ow PC + high pp > high PC > high pp], is it possible to have this information hidden initially, but can be toggled on to reveal it to the public? This way people who are 'insecure' about high PC can just choose to keep it private, while people who still want to brag about their low PC can still leave it public. It's a win-win situation, in my opinion. Furthermore, this could probably reduce multi-accounting. Probably.

sauce
I got this idea from DOTA2 when people were getting flustered over having their winrate/stats/etc. being publicly revealed on other data analytic sites (DOTABUFF).
Yonaton
I don't see why we need to hide it, they are pretty much accepted forms of tracking. And this wouldn't reduce multiaccounting, it would just make it harder to spot since they can now hide info that they are multiaccounting.
Sea_Food
This is a fix to a problem that does not even exist. Link me few chat logs of someone getting bullied over this and ill agree with you.

Fuck it i wont. Like if you think PC dosnt matter you can just ignore people who call you out for it. And if you do actually suck at this game then you do deserve to get harrased.

Also this would increase multying so much because most people are actually caugth because their low PC.
Dexus
Stats on the userpage should be taken as gee-wiz information. I would agree to get rid of it entirely but there's a large portion of the osu! community that has attached personal value to the numbers to determine how they view other players. Although It really sounds like people are just being insecure.

Sea_Food: Nobody deserves any sort of harassment.

It's pretty absurd to think playcount is used to determine if someone is multi-accounting...
Bara-
10 pc --> 300pp
Sure that's legit?
1000 pc --> 300pp
This is legit AFAIK xD
Dexus
You are ignorant.
Unsafeman121
I thought I saw this somewhere before but can't locate it.....

Either way, as Sea_Food said:

Sea_Food wrote:

this would increase multying so much because most people are actually caugth because their low PC.
~ I'm not sure this is the best idea >.<
Sea_Food

Dexus wrote:

You are ignorant.
Ignorant because he is saying facts that is used literally daily on the osu community.

Ignorant because he gets his opinions based on facts, unlike you getting your "facts" from your opinions on how you wish things would work.
Bauxe

Dexus wrote:

It's pretty absurd to think playcount is used to determine if someone is multi-accounting...
Whether or not it determines if someone is multi, it can most certainly help. When I see someone with like 1,000 playcount in the top 1,000 players, I'm sorry but I don't see them as legit.
drum drum
You can also see with !stats for their playcount. Besides it's obvious even without something like this to detect multi-accounting
FrzR

Sea_Food wrote:

Dexus wrote:

You are ignorant.
Ignorant because he is saying facts that is used literally daily on the osu community.

Ignorant because he gets his opinions based on facts, unlike you getting your "facts" from your opinions on how you wish things would work.
Oooooooooooooooh

OT: Would it be nice showing off a bit of your brawn online? :^)
Karuta-_old_1

Sea_Food wrote:

Dexus wrote:

You are ignorant.

took me a few reads to understand this

Please just mark this as invalid
deadbeat
i really don't see a need to hide such information