forum

[invalid] force reconnect

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
deadbeat
how about adding a option to force bancho to attempt to reconnect after a dc?
Sushi
Isn't it already done?

Iirc, bancho tries to connect regularly if he failed to connect. unless you want bancho to try every single second. (Iirc, Bancho tries like every minute or two if he detects Internet access)
Gabi
I believe it's like Sushi said, bancho auto reconnects every minute or two.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
ok. my bad
Bara-
Well, if your internet is unstable, it doesn't.
You can't chat/play multi/spectate/get spectated
Please unmark this, and move back to normal Feature requests.
If you don't know what I mean, use tech support pages like t/216926?hilit=unstable+internet
If the connection completely gets lost (like when turning off internet, turn off osu, restart, turn internet back on), it will reconnect (which works), but if it is unstable, it just doesn't, and it's annoying to keep quitting osu when your internet is unstable, which for me happens every 5-10 minutes.
Please unmark this and add it. It helps people who have not good wi-fi (just like me)
Also, sorry for bumping such an old thread, but it needs to happen (and I didn't want to make another thread that would be marked as duplicate :P)
DENKOUSEKKA

baraatje123 wrote:

If you don't know what I mean, use tech support pages like t/216926?hilit=unstable+internet
If the connection completely gets lost (like when turning off internet, turn off osu, restart, turn internet back on), it will reconnect (which works), but if it is unstable, it just doesn't, and it's annoying to keep quitting osu when your internet is unstable, which for me happens every 5-10 minutes.
Please unmark this and add it. It helps people who have not good wi-fi (just like me)
Also, sorry for bumping such an old thread, but it needs to happen (and I didn't want to make another thread that would be marked as duplicate :P)
It still reconnects either way lol and it keeps trying until it connects again. Something like "Retrying in 20 seconds" is what it does
Bara-
Well it doesn't
I just can't play multi for example.
I dc, then get dc for 1-4hrs, while having good, yet unstable internet
Then suddenly my internet completely goes away, and then in a few min (less then 1 most of the time), I get reconnected
DENKOUSEKKA

baraatje123 wrote:

Well it doesn't
I just can't play multi for example.
I dc, then get dc for 1-4hrs, while having good, yet unstable internet
Then suddenly my internet completely goes away, and then in a few min (less then 1 most of the time), I get reconnected
That would be a problem for your internet and not osu
Stefan
Why in the world are you bumping a four year old thread to post something you can do a new thread for?
XPJ38
deadbeat's discovery of Bancho's workings, awww
Bara-

Stefan wrote:

Why in the world are you bumping a four year old thread to post something you can do a new thread for?
Well, I searched for it, but I thought that if I would request it (again), it would get linked to this and thus marked as duplicate, so I thought bumping would be the better option
xxdeathx

Yarai wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

It still reconnects either way lol and it keeps trying until it connects again. Something like "Retrying in 20 seconds" is what it does
retrying in 20 seconds is only a full dc.

for unstable internet it wont detect anything wrong, but i'll notice when the last message in #osu was 30 minutes ago.

please fix this!
Topic Starter
deadbeat

XPJ38 wrote:

deadbeat's discovery of Banchobot's workings, awww
more so deadbeat's discovering of being denied access to bancho
i hate my friends \:D/

anyway, as stated, bancho should automatically reconnect when able to. so yeah :/