forum

Shuushuu Image Scraper (Mass Image Downloader Thingie)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ormr
Shuushuu Image Scraper (Mass Image Downloader Thingie)

So, I went ahead and made this image scraper program thingie like two months ago,
and I just recently got around to optimizing it more, and I feel like it's actually in a working state.

What it does is scrape images from the image-board site called e-Shuushuu
(It's a SFW image-board thingie with lots of cute images, pretty swell stuff.)
and it then proceeds to download them, pretty simple stuff.

The download can be found over at my website, there's a "Help" button in the settings window if you need any help.

If you need help with anything that's not stated in the help document, feel free to ask me.

(I originally posted this in Off Topic, but I got the suggestion to move it over here, so I did.)
Blueson
I was able to download an entire folder filled with best gurwllll

I approve of this program wolves/10

NicoNicoNiii

Blueson wrote:

I was able to download an entire folder filled with best gurwllll

I approve of this program wolves/10

OMG holo is my fav too <3
Nekolike
i love this

piruchan
I can confirm that this thing works. 10/10
Topic Starter
Ormr
Good to see that everything is working like it should. :3
If you want a feature added, just tell me and I'll see what I can do.
Mofu kun
Right now it works very well.

But maybe you can add a browse button instead of having to type in directory?
Also add option to have source or character(s) as part of filename?
Topic Starter
Ormr

MoF10 wrote:

Right now it works very well.

1. But maybe you can add a browse button instead of having to type in directory?
2. Also add option to have source or character(s) as part of filename?
1. That's actually a really good idea, not sure why I didn't think of that.
2. I'll see what I can do, because of the way shuushuu handles searching (They just convert the entire search into integers and use the tag engine they have.) it'll be a bit of a pain, but I could probably just scrape the info from somewhere. ^^
Topic Starter
Ormr
Just pushed out a new update. (Your client should automagically download it for you, if you just launch the program.)
I pretty much just re-wrote the way it handles the scraping, this time using the JSoup library. (A lot easier to work with.)
And I added a feature called "Logical Names".

Explanation about "Logical Names"
- Logical Names
Instead of having the images being named like they are on Shuushuu (Date and the image ID)
this'll make the images have names based on the character(s) name(s), the source, the artist,
and the image id, sepperated by -.
(Spaces are replaced by _ and not -)
(Thanks to "MoF10" from the Osu! forums for the idea.)
Mofu kun
Thanks for the update

now my photo library is much more organized.
piruchan
Just wondering, I won't get into copyright issues or something like that for using this program, right?
Topic Starter
Ormr

piruchan wrote:

Just wondering, I won't get into copyright issues or something like that for using this program, right?
I don't really see how, or why you would get into trouble for using this.

(It's kind of funny actually, I was talking to my IRL friend about this program and about the copyright stuff earlier today.)

Basically, if anyone (Just going to refer to shuushuu as a someone.) is breaking copyright laws, it's Shuushuu, for hosting the images. (Albeit, they do credit the author and link all those things, but I doubt they got the explicit permission from the author to re-share it on their site.)

TL;DR: No, you shouldn't be able to get into troubles with copyright.
Satella

Suzuki wrote:

(Your client should automagically download it for you, if you just launch the program.)
oh I see what you did there...