Mouse control practice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
quadz

xasuma
So you have bad aim.
Try these: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

I didn't make that list. But it should help you.

quadz wrote:

I request an in-depth explanation on how should one practice his/her mouse movements.
Play more.
Noobsicle
don't play the same map over and over again. if you want to get good at a wide variety of different maps, play a wide variety of different maps
Topic Starter
quadz

xasuma
Play without giving it a thought, thats where muscle memory comes in. And you wont benefit from relax mod. I suggest not using it if you want to improve.

And you can stretch your wrist i guess, but that wont make you betterto be honest.
RaneFire
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96143 is pretty good. Change the options in the map to suit, use HT if you need it. HT+HR on the default map should be fine.
shavit
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/96143
HT default 180bpm until you get less than 50misses. (to work on your accuracy too, get more than 90%)
Then move to HT+HR and get the same (expect for accuracy)
Then the same for 185bpm, then move to squares and fullscreens, get under 250 misses on those.
Now download GVP140 from there: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nrtws5wjkft39/Guitar_vs_Piano (thanks Aqo) and play it no-mod, get as less misses as you can.

OPTIONAL:
If you don't like the Guitar vs Piano song, play this map, it's exactly the same, just shorter and a fun song to play with.

Work on streams (+accuracy) and general aiming, download the practice maps from Aqo's profile and no-mod play them.
AmaiHachimitsu
Look at the circles.

I'm serious

If you can't aim well despite having the speed for it, you either don't read them well or your settings are misleading your muscle memory.
chox_old
i tried starting from scratch many times to gain control, like from completely easy jumps aiming always in the centre of circle etc, but always above some point i lose it and aim gets worse as time progresses
i'm not sure if you can gain true control by spamming maps you're not even able to play properly, but i'm sure it develops bad habits
so i'm kinda lost not knowing how should i practice ;w;
i'm gonna try those aqo's maps..
Topic Starter
quadz

Yakuyan

quadz wrote:

Thanks for the support. I lowered my dpi and increased my in-game sensitivity which resulted in getting more precise movement with the same speed. and those maps really help me practice.
I thought it was better to have a high DPI and a low in-game sensitivity. But whatever makes you feel comfortable, go for it. I suggest with mouse control practice....do this.

(Jumps) - Look at the center of the number on the circle. Or if you have the dot skin like Salochin, it's easier.
(Pattern Jumps) - Look at each circle individually. And also concentrate on your mouse. So when there is a triangle pattern, make you mouse do a triangle.
(Streams) - Just make sure you are on the center of every stream. And you should feel a flow when moving your mouse. Can't really explain it but it will come to you.

Another thing, play more songs. This gains more muscle memory. Then when you are more experienced with like patterns, jumps, and stuff, you should feel when you are going to miss. (Like you know when you need to move more or move less) Jumps should feel confident, so if you know you are holding back, play more loosely.

Go into the osu! options and enable Raw Input ;)
Topic Starter
quadz

PhoenixBird
Dont play football using cubic ball - you cant controll it well!

0. Re-install system
1. Refresh you drivers in the system)
2. Configure OSU graphics(for good performance - high stable fps) and nvidia(ati)
3. Confugure monitor resolution and refresh rate(and set same refresh in osu!.user.cfg) file in OSU directory(but if yoyr performance bad, you can lagging, so decide)
4. Use good skin what you like for now(after time you choose another:))
5. Configure mouse(accel on/off, 125/500/1000 hz, dpi,windows sensetivity, osu sensetivity)
6. Mousepad(good glide, but good stoping for mouse too)
7. Configure keyboard

The more spheric ball you have the more you can controll it(if you have skill of course)

8.Practice in osu)
RaneFire

quadz wrote:

TheBurningFlame wrote:

..play more loosely.
This is the greatest tip that I have ever received. I've just started Osu and played some random Marathon without caring about neither accuracy nor combo and I did surprisingly well with ~1080 combo and ~94% accuracy (which is not that great but still).
Unfortunately it's rather difficult to cultivate "playing loosely." You have to somehow convince yourself the game doesn't matter at all, while still trying to actively improve, in order to avoid getting nervous. The two are practically mutually exclusive because face it... who wants to grind something they don't care about. Just when you start doing well on something you never expect, the nerves get you again.

To get around that, people either unintentionally fool themselves into thinking they missed early, or get uber skills and the confidence that comes with it to FC most maps, yet they still challenge themselves. Building up your skills on maps you know you can FC will help build consistency, but skill development is slower than playing maps you have trouble FC'ing or even keeping up, yet are still playable. Pushing your limits and trying hard will inadvertently make you nervous. Everyone who wants to get good has this problem.
winber1
commence lobotomy
Yakuyan

RaneFire wrote:

Unfortunately it's rather difficult to cultivate "playing loosely." You have to somehow convince yourself the game doesn't matter at all, while still trying to actively improve, in order to avoid getting nervous. The two are practically mutually exclusive because face it... who wants to grind something they don't care about. Just when you start doing well on something you never expect, the nerves get you again.

To get around that, people either unintentionally fool themselves into thinking they missed early, or get uber skills and the confidence that comes with it to FC most maps, yet they still challenge themselves. Building up your skills on maps you know you can FC will help build consistency, but skill development is slower than playing maps you have trouble FC'ing or even keeping up, yet are still playable. Pushing your limits and trying hard will inadvertently make you nervous. Everyone who wants to get good has this problem.
What I meant by playing "loosely" is let go on mouse movement a bit, not the general gameplay. When people start having nerves when playing, their grip becomes tighter on the mouse than usual, making jumps a little off. Playing "loosely" with accuracy and combos is a pretty bad way to progress. I actually care about the songs I play and don't play any songs that don't appeal to my ear. The thing is I play sometimes without thinking about it. My mind will wander off somewhere while I play and can still FC the map. Sometimes I even talk to people while I'm playing insanes. And I have progressed dramatically in a month. Yes, there is nerves when I try playing songs but I unintentionally direct my train of thought somewhere else at times. Maybe it's different for me? I don't know, but this is how I get rid of my nerves when playing. :D