forum

Lily Allen - Smile

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
meyou22
This was a little faster then I expected. Though, my Carmell Dansen probably took this amount of time all together, without breaks.

Anyways, this is Lily Allen- Smile.

Lily Allen - Smile
Again, if you notice something wrong, or want to touch it up, ask me first. =3

By the way, beware of the slider RIGHT at the very beginning. It's at the top, right under the bar.

And if it seems rushed, let me know. =3 I'll happily spend tons more time on it.

There have been some major edits.

1. The Big Slider at the beginning has been switched from 1 to 2
2. Beats have been moved around, making it slightly easier (Note the term SLIGHTLY)
3. The double slider at 2:55 has been moved half a beat later, making it more in time.

Enjoy!
LennaLeFay
Hey there Meyou, I'd like to help ya out, good song choice too.

Your BPM should be set to 95.48 and your offset (to remove intro cue and blankness) should be 1,451. That should work great for you. 8-) You may notice that the on-beat will probably begin to syncopate as the song goes on because that doesn't take time signature changes into account, but as far as I know this shouldn't be a big deal in terms of functionality and playability.

If you need any help, just ask me -- getting used to the beatmap editor too.
Topic Starter
meyou22
Wonderful! Thank you!

And yes, I agree, it's a good song choice. I really like Lily Allen. <3
LennaLeFay
No problem. Just a heads-up, you'll often know when you've got the correct BPM integer when you can listen to the ticks on beat for about 15-30 seconds (depending on relative BPM of the song, of course) without any real deviation. Then it's all about fine-tuning the decimal. If you want to be reeeeeally meticulous about it (which I usually am, stupid obsessive compulsion) then you should give the ticks a listen to even after your fine-tuning. If you can hear the correct tick for usually 60-80 seconds, you're good. Offset's easy enough, just get the BPM first, restart the song and listen for it. Hope this helps! :mrgreen:
Topic Starter
meyou22
It's finished, but I feel I might have rushed it a little by accident. Though I know the song pretty well, and pictured what it would be like in EBA, so that might have helped too.
LennaLeFay
That was pretty fun. The slider right at the beginning maybe needs a little rethought, and I can see this map being really tough without prior knowledge of the song's musical structure (but who can blame you for abandoning your creativity?) but overall, definitely fun. Looks like the BPM worked out for you too :D
Topic Starter
meyou22
I placed the slider at the very first beat because that's where it should begin. It shouldn't be too hard to take off.

My Creativity was actually flowing quite well, but I think I did a couple mismarks on the beats.
eyup
Like Naph said, very tough song if you (like me) don't know the rhythm and structure of the song. But all the beats seem to make sense after playing a few times.

Pretty well made map, just a few points and recommendations:

- The first slider is a pretty tough way to start :mrgreen: Personally I'd think about changing that one.
- At 2:55.51, there is an instance where one slider starts at the same time another stops. That needs to be changed, unless that's put in deliberately as a "combo breaker" :mrgreen:
- I'm not sure if it's deliberate, but the placement of notes seems to be a little chaotic and random. Maybe it is done to suit the nature of the song?

Keep up the good work!
eyupz
Topic Starter
meyou22
- The first one is sort of crutial, but I changed it to a few beats.
- Whoops.
- The chaos and randomness is suppose to match the song. However, I'm going through the song to try and match up the placements.
Topic Starter
meyou22
Updated!
Rena-chan
First of all: USE DISTANCE SNAP FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
Second: you shouldn't be allowed to map if you continue like this.
Jarby
This is the best map on osu!, 10/10.
Mashley
Hey Rena.
This horri-map is very, very old.
Lybydose
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:41 pm
Jarby

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Hey Rena.
I told her to mod it.
Rena-chan

Jarby wrote:

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Hey Rena.
I told her to mod it.
And thus the reason I shouldn't be allowed to mod has been revealed !
Larto
It took you 1 year to think of an appropriate comeback to that? 0[
Kodora
hello Gabe

pm me if you will read it