forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tangy
scottyyy
Making a mouse from scratch is not a small task. I followed the development progress of bst's mouse and it seemed like a whooole lot of work. 2 years later and it's still not out.

A tablet is much easier since it's just an existing one with an osu! design on it.
Rewben2

scottyyy wrote:

Making a mouse from scratch is not a small task. I followed the development progress of bst's mouse and it seemed like a whooole lot of work. 2 years later and it's still not out.

A tablet is much easier since it's just an existing one with an osu! design on it.
This. The osu tablet is essentially a reskin with some adjustments, not that different. If an osu mouse was created, it would be the same thing. A reskin of another mouse.

Additionally, the mouses would have to be pretty cheap. I mean, the osu tablets are pretty damn cheap, $30 + postage. The mouse would have to be considerably cheaper or else a large majority of people would just go for the tablet.

An osu mousepad would be good though, even those with tablets likely use a mouse at some point so it appeals to everyone.
chanhien
I think making an osu clicking device is easier,since you only need a few knowledge of using teensy and soldering,and the rest is just a bunch of switches and case.And Zowie's mouse should be well for a reskin of light-weighted mouse for osu!
FrzR
I only have a book to serve as a mousepad. But as it goes rough I continue on finding another one. ;w;