forum

[duplicate] Save Failed Scores

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Marseille
Didn't find this anywhere, please link me to such a feature if it exists so I can support it.

I have noticed in my years of play here that when I fail a song, the score is not saved. I find that the natural progression for improving one's skills involves constantly failing. More so than passing any song. it would improve a player's skill progression if one were able to track their failed scores as well.

There is no benchmark for my best failed play so I have no way of knowing my current progress on a song. Tracking such a score would go a long way towards encouraging more play, and improving one's skills. Every player would always have a personalized "bar-to-clear" regardless of skill level.

Beatmania IIDX has a such a feature, and I would play it half as much as I do now if I were not able to track my failed scores.
Rio-
You can use "No-Fail" Mod, right?
*If Beatmania IIDX has a such a feature, I kinda remembered It's like Practice Mod (And Peppy against It)

Related perhaps
Aka
maybe p/2575363/ lel
Isopach

satriobp wrote:

You can use "No-Fail" Mod, right?
*If Beatmania IIDX has a such a feature, I kinda remembered It's like Practice Mod (And Peppy against It)

Related perhaps
iidx never had a 'no fail' feature, only 'no gameover when fail' modes. But then again, iidx score is calculated differently so can't compare

anyway saving failed scores may be good if i'm playing with PF mod when i'm not close to ss yet... otherwise no point
MillhioreF
How about this one: t/87873
Topic Starter
Marseille
I don't think this is a duplicate at all. I'm not sure those linked feature requests are the same. I do not want to save the replay, I would like Osu! to save locally my score history for songs I fail on as well as songs I pass.

I'm not talking about any sort of option IIDX had, it's there by default. Your failed scores are saved so that you can improve the next time you play that very song. If you're trying to improve your skills and get better at the game, you will be failing most of the songs you play. Making this very very valuable promoting more gameplay, and more traffic. I see no reason why this isn't already here.