forum

Dragon Age: Origins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
This post is about the new single-player RPG game, Dragon Age: Origins. Even though the game lacks multiplayer, glitches, and has a pretty wacky combat system, I will buy it. It seems like it may bring me atleast few days of fun. Once I beat it on Nightmare a few times, it will be relatively pointless to own, so it will probably just collect dust (since the game lacks multiplayer).
5ku112
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pokebis

5ku112 wrote:

I don't even know how to use google
5ku112
Then he might as well create a Google search if i'm going to have to do work just to understand what he's saying.
Mogsy
Or you could not be a lazy dumbass.

I'm still interested in getting this game, even if I don't have the PC to play it. I'll settle for the 360 version.
Ivalset
It's a great game. Play on Hard mode, though. Normal is too easy and Nightmare is kind of unforgiving if you have no idea what the fuck (that said, if you enjoy challenges you should start with nightmare)
Lybydose
Also note that the Xbox version is easier than the PC version when you compare at the same difficulty rating. Xbox Normal is much easier than PC Normal.
Pokebis

Lybydose wrote:

Also note that the Xbox version is easier than the PC version when you compare at the same difficulty rating. Xbox Normal is much easier than PC Normal.
It's also more limited in features.
awp
why would the PC version of an RPG be more robust than its console counterparts? That's like doing the same in reverse for FPSs.
Pokebis

awp wrote:

why would the PC version of an RPG be more robust than its console counterparts? That's like doing the same in reverse for FPSs.
No, no, the console versions are more limited, silly! Also, this one has a full modding-engine unlike Mass Effect. I actually saw it in action at a Bioware booth at a convention.
awp
That's what I was saying. Check the meaning of robust if you're under the impression it means 'limited'
Pokebis

awp wrote:

That's what I was saying. Check the meaning of robust if you're under the impression it means 'limited'
I know robust means more capable, your post was worded strange.
awp
no stranger than to make RPGs better on PC than on the console
no stranger than to make FPSs better on consoles than on the PC

I hate change in any form pending the form of change is dumb
Zaron_old
A lot of RPGs are better on PC than console. Try plugging WoW into your XBox. DO IT. Send pictures. I bet they'll be pretty boring.

Then again WoW doesn't look all that appealing to my walle---- ... tastes, either. yay unemployment?

Dragon Age looks interesting but I've heard something along the lines of "if you ever mess up ever there are permanent consequences" quite possibly pertaining to stats. Call me lazy, but perma-screwed is why I avoid Fire Emblem. I'm far too perfectionist for such things. :/ So if anyone wants to confirm or deny or just elaborat eon that, 'twould help in my consideration of the thing.

It's kinda funny to hear everyone says it's easy after all the previews I read called it stupid-hard.
awp
so I actually saw Dragon Age: Origins earlier today and yeah it actually does look more comfortable on a PC than a console.
Ivalset
I'm pretty sure you can get by with gimpy stats, the game isn't difficult on normal or hard.

My rogue had very little strength (read: she wore robes instead of armor), and simply stacked cunning. Carved shit up and ran like a bitch when shit got heated. Talent stat requirements will pretty much give you basic stats you need to perform.

Also, note that dexterity doesn't work as it should, there's some hotfix floating around, but it makes the game overall harder because 92% of the enemies use bows. As such, I would advise maining as an archer (though you should still carry a ranged weapon and use it to pull mobs into an ambush).

As for difficulty, the game is hard until you figure out how to play, pretty much. Also exponentially difficult until you get a mage that is specialized into spirit healer.

Now that I think about it, most "permanent consequences" are probably about not taking possible party members. I uh, might have killed the naturally-specialized spirit healer on my first playthrough.
Atmey
Horay for mods. I made a human warrior at first, I didn't like it so I made an elf rogue. Specialized in bows, but it sucked, I reset it with respec ring(mod) and now duel wielding, enemies seem too easy now.