forum

Improved tagging/searching in osu! and on the web

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ziin
I have a few requests here:

Parse all tags during the submission process and combine them so that a beatmap can be searched properly online.
- Example: Guest mapper makes one difficulty. Searching in osu will display all the files in the beatmap set because the guest mapper's name is in all the tags, even though he didn't make the other beatmaps. His name should only be in the tags for the map he created.
- Example: The author makes a CTB difficulty but doesn't want to put CTB in the name (web search won't pick up difficulty names). For CTB to show up in a web search, all the difficulties would need the CTB tag, even though only one difficulty has it, which means searching ctb in the tags would bring up non-ctb songs.

Filter standard, taiko, CTB modes. This should be located as a checkbox under selection options.
- Example: you press f2 and "Ritsu" pops up. Somehow you were supposed to know that ritsu is a drummer and of course would be playing the taiko, so it's a taiko only map and now you have to press escape and quit because you don't want to play taiko.

Allow partial matches and search each tag independently in osu
- Example: "osuka airw" when typed in should return Airwave (Osuka) if you currently have the map.
Sakura
1. This would make in-game search even better as well, but backwards compatibility would be a pain as tags can only be edited for online web search only.

2. This was already requested before.

3. Isn't this the way it works already?
theowest
Many people would benefit from this. For example: I made a duplicate feature request because none of the search words in the original thread was used when I was searching for anything related.
Mercurial

ziin wrote:

I have a few requests here:

Filter standard, taiko, CTB modes. This should be located as a checkbox under selection options.
- Example: you press f2 and "Ritsu" pops up. Somehow you were supposed to know that ritsu is a drummer and of course would be playing the taiko, so it's a taiko only map and now you have to press escape and quit because you don't want to play taiko.
This seems a great idea... Like:

Catch the Beat (x) osu! standard (x) Taiko ( )

and we could search beatmaps with this mode.

Support.
HakuNoKaemi
it's no use in-game writing the title if search is made especially for the times you didn't remember it;
something like "Kita Phrase" or "Key Shihoko" instead of having to write full titles ( just substitute the " " character with "&&" )
Topic Starter
ziin

Sakura Hana wrote:

3. Isn't this the way it works already?
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/301340
"osuka airw" will only pull up a song if it's got "osuka airwave" in the title or in the tags, exactly that way. Essentially, I want to pull up songs via 2 keywords.

For example if I search for "bad apple" I'm going to get a shitload of results. If I search "larto bad apple" I should get all of larto's bad apple maps. Or maybe I want to find all of happy30's touhou maps.
Sakura
Oh yeah i am aware the order of the search words matters in-game, i thought you meant a map with that exact same order, then it would work.
TheVileOne
Combining tags would be simpler IMO. The other ideas are already possible.