forum

Spoon - Don't You Evah

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
I see, a challenge to Ivalset and eyup. Seriously, the beats could do well to appear a little earlier. And some of the beats that are close to each other in the timeline are too far away from each other on the screen. Fix that. Also, make an easy version. Except for that, it's a good beatmap.
Topic Starter
Puffles

Loginer wrote:

I see, a challenge to Ivalset and eyup. Seriously, the beats could do well to appear a little earlier. And some of the beats that are close to each other in the timeline are too far away from each other on the screen. Fix that. Also, make an easy version. Except for that, it's a good beatmap.
It's supposed to be a hard level. The beats are supposed to appear late, and there's supposed to be large jumps to make things difficult.

I can clear it easily, and I've come close to S-ranking it. I can do all the jump parts perfectly, using a mouse. (I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that the level is far from unplayable.) I don't understand how you can criticize it just because of its difficulty level. It's almost 5 stars, what did you expect?!

I'll think about making an easy version, if more people are having trouble with this. Also, feel free to label the difficulty as "Insane," if you feel it's really that hard.

Anybody else have any feedback?
Topic Starter
Puffles
OK, I'm making a Normal version now.
Kolma
i played the song and its not to bad.
for fans of ouendan 2 with insane mode this ranks up on that difficulty.
cept your using a mouse...
so it does take some tries but this some is passable(i havent passed it yet but i will soon)
the hardest part is trying to keep with the beat
Topic Starter
Puffles
You know, I think you're actually right. I might've gotten a bit too defensive just because I worked so hard on it, so I was sort of expecting it to be accepted. I'll get rid of some of the really hard jumps and make the beats appear faster, and I'll also work on an easy version.
peppy
Very well made. Feels hard, but I don't mind the jumps you have, particularly. As long as you make at least one easier version of this, it is well on its way to being ranked :D.
Topic Starter
Puffles
I've made the insane mode a little bit easier in Version 5, as previously suggested by Loginer. No worries, though, it's still fiendishly difficult!

I'm working on an easy version now. Guys, try out version 5 and tell me what you think!
Ivalset
I'm particularly a fan of the beatmap. The accuracy is slightly unforgiving, but it's a 4.5 star map, so I suppose that's to be expected (195/141/6 with 9 misses first time through >:/)

All in all, a wonderful beatmap. Now to see how eyup responds.
Topic Starter
Puffles
Thanks for the feedback, Ivelset!

I've just release Version 1 of the Normal mode! It might be ever-so-slightly on the difficult side (3 stars), but I think it's easy enough to pass for a Normal level. (I can S-rank it easily.)

Also, do I literally need to make an Easy mode, or is a Normal mode and an Insane mode good enough? It gets somewhat repetitive mapping for the same song.
Ivalset
It's probably a good idea to make an easy mode. Not everyone spends all their time playing osu or is naturally talented with a mouse, and it'd be nice if everyone could appreciate this beatmap. Most of the beatmaps seem to appeal to a 4 star difficulty, and that's hard to jump into. A lot of people just throw out a few notes, and tone down the accuracy/drain/circle size, and there's nothing wrong with it as far as I am concerned.

also it's an A, not an E
Topic Starter
Puffles
OK, that sounds reasonable.
Topic Starter
Puffles
OK! Now we have an Easy mode, a Normal mode, and the original Insane mode!

Is this ready for the game now, or do you have any more suggestions for improvement?
peppy
One thing I can say without downloading is you should only have one osz file. It will contain all three beatmaps automatically. It seems like your easy package has these so I'll assume it is the latest of all three and rename it for you.
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

One thing I can say without downloading is you should only have one osz file. It will contain all three beatmaps automatically. It seems like your easy package has these so I'll assume it is the latest of all three and rename it for you.
I didn't realize that! ^^;

Yeah, the Easy package has the latest versions of all three, then.
Topic Starter
Puffles
AHH WAIT before you make it official!!

I made a mistake, one of the combos continues after the break. Lemme reupload with the fixed versions!

On a side note, you should have it programmed so that combos can't continue through breaks.
peppy

Puffles wrote:

AHH WAIT before you make it official!!

I made a mistake, one of the combos continues after the break. Lemme reupload with the fixed versions!

On a side note, you should have it programmed so that combos can't continue through breaks.
Should have.
Could have.
Would have.
Will do. Tonight.
Topic Starter
Puffles
eyup
Really nice work on these! Very well made. One TINY thing I found was that your BPM may be SLIGHTLY off, but (especially in the Insane version) due to the high accuracy required, it makes quite a big difference. Have a listen to towards the end of the song. I've attached the fixed .osu for the insane version with resnapped beats. You'll have to do the same for the other two versions.

Also, another small tip regarding your spinners, e.g. the one at 1:57.90 - start the spinner earlier (since you have a big gap before it) and end it earlier (so that you can see the next beats coming up).

Otherwise, fantastic work!

Download: Spoon - Don't You Evah (Puffles) [Insane].osu
Topic Starter
Puffles

eyup wrote:

Really nice work on these! Very well made. One TINY thing I found was that your BPM may be SLIGHTLY off, but (especially in the Insane version) due to the high accuracy required, it makes quite a big difference. Have a listen to towards the end of the song. I've attached the fixed .osu for the insane version with resnapped beats. You'll have to do the same for the other two versions.

Also, another small tip regarding your spinners, e.g. the one at 1:57.90 - start the spinner earlier (since you have a big gap before it) and end it earlier (so that you can see the next beats coming up).

Otherwise, fantastic work!
You missed a few beats with that. (In particular, the "er" in the "I said don't ever" right after the break is WAY off.)

I find it sorta funny that you figure out that a song is timed incorrectly by 0.03 BPM, and then make obvious mistakes with the resnapping. (No offense!)

So, how do I resnap the beats? ...surely I don't have to do each beat manually?
peppy

Puffles wrote:

See the timing menu - there are a few options available. Make sure you set your divisor before snapping to the accuracy you require. As you saw, it sometimes fails and you definitely need to check after resnapping for any errors made by automatic calculation!
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

Puffles wrote:

See the timing menu - there are a few options available. Make sure you set your divisor before snapping to the accuracy you require. As you saw, it sometimes fails and you definitely need to check after resnapping for any errors made by automatic calculation!
Oh, you didn't check your work. Now it makes sense. ^^;
peppy

Puffles wrote:

I don't know if I took this the wrong way, but be careful there. We are here to help you out - the original beatmap is your work, and we just provide feedback and guidelines. It takes a sizable amount of time to modify and moderate these maps (and there are few of us and many of them) so you have to understand if there are cases where you will need to follow from where we left off.
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

Puffles wrote:

I don't know if I took this the wrong way, but be careful there. We are here to help you out - the original beatmap is your work, and we just provide feedback and guidelines. It takes a sizable amount of time to modify and moderate these maps (and there are few of us and many of them) so you have to understand if there are cases where you will need to follow from where we left off.
Whoa, no no no, sorry! I wasn't trying to insult you or anything! I just said that because I was wondering why there was a mistake in the file you sent me, and before, I assumed that you had checked it. It's totally understandable that you didn't have the time to do so! So you did take that the wrong way, I guess... but I suppose it's all my fault for phrasing it the wrong way in the first place.

Believe me, I really appreciate the help you guys are giving me. I would've never been able to tell I was .03 off with the BPM, but now that you mentioned it, I can tell that the beats are now much more accurate. It's surprising that a little numerical difference makes a big difference in the game.

Fixed BPM and better spinners:
http://peppy.chigau.com/files/DontYouEvahV7.osz
eyup
Don't worry, no offense taken. I actually DID check the notes after resnapping (since they're usually off) and fixed a bunch, but must have missed some. Sorry!

Just played the new version and it's perfect now. Really glad you changed the spinners as I suggested! And yeah, for some reason, that 0.03BPM does make a difference. I would have left it for other songs. Sorry to have to get you to re-upload again! On that note, in future you don't need to rename your .osz files with version numbers. Just keep the same name - helps keep the server from getting clogged.

Keep up the good work! Ranking it now.
Topic Starter
Puffles

eyup wrote:

On that note, in future you don't need to rename your .osz files with version numbers. Just keep the same name - helps keep the server from getting clogged.
Oh, sorry about that!

So if I keep the same name the older file gets overwritten automatically? Nifty.

Also, you have the levels on the Beatmap Index listed as Easy Normal and Hard, not Easy Normal and Insane. It probably doesn't really matter, though.
eyup
The little pics in Beatmap listing aren't related to the rating you give the map. They are displayed according to the number of stars for the map. So yeah, they can often be different.
Topic Starter
Puffles
Guys, your latest patch messed up the two sliders at the beginning of the song (every difficulty level).

I'd guess it happened with every slider that's particularly long...

EDIT: It seems that when you tried to fix the levels that had the glitch, you might've applied the fix to EVERY level, including the ones that DIDN'T have the glitch...
peppy

Puffles wrote:

Guys, your latest patch messed up the two sliders at the beginning of the song (every difficulty level).

I'd guess it happened with every slider that's particularly long...

EDIT: It seems that when you tried to fix the levels that had the glitch, you might've applied the fix to EVERY level, including the ones that DIDN'T have the glitch...
Well there's only one of me, so that's no plural. I tested all 3 difficulties and didn't find a problem. Care to point it out?
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

I tested all 3 difficulties and didn't find a problem. Care to point it out?

As you can see, the sliders end slightly before they're supposed to (they should be lined up with the white lines on the timeline). It's audibly off on the longer sliders.

It's the same glitch as the one that the latest patch fixed. Remember how I pointed out the glitch in Unintended? That seems to have been fixed in the latest patch, but now songs that previously didn't have the glitch now do. Or, at least one song does.
peppy

Puffles wrote:

It's the same glitch as the one that the latest patch fixed. Remember how I pointed out the glitch in Unintended? That seems to have been fixed in the latest patch, but now songs that previously didn't have the glitch now do. Or, at least one song does.
Incorrect and impossible. This would have been there when you made the song. Slider lengths cannot change after they have been set in the editor - and I am sure of this because I wrote it. Also - there are no other songs with this problem. Seems like a slider placed before a bpm change to me.
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

Seems like a slider placed before a bpm change to me.
That also is impossible. I remember resynchronizing the sliders when I made the BPM change, before submitting the final level to you. I also played back the level and playtested it, and found no problems. Furthermore, you yourself found no problems when you tested it before adding it to the game. Something so obvious would have definitely been found by at least one of us before the level was officially added to the game!

Does the file have that error on your game as well, or is it only my game? It's possible that I'm running an older version of the level... but the game doesn't say that the beatmap's been modified, and it displays the high scores, so I find that unlikely.
peppy

Puffles wrote:

peppy wrote:

Seems like a slider placed before a bpm change to me.
That also is impossible. I remember resynchronizing the sliders when I made the BPM change, before submitting the final level to you. I also played back the level and playtested it, and found no problems. Furthermore, you yourself found no problems when you tested it before adding it to the game. Something so obvious would have definitely been found by at least one of us before the level was officially added to the game!

Does the file have that error on your game as well, or is it only my game? It's possible that I'm running an older version of the level... but the game doesn't say that the beatmap's been modified, and it displays the high scores, so I find that unlikely.
It plays fine for me in play mode - I cant notice the problem. I can see it in the editor, though. Its not very obvious to me at all.

I have also tested with the old version of osu! and the slider is still the "incorrect" length, just to be sure.
Topic Starter
Puffles
Idk, it sounds really off to me, for some reason.

Can you update the beatmap in-game with this new file, or is it too late for that?

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/DontYouEvahV8.osz

It also fixes several very other minor glitches that I'm really surprised got past us undetected.
eyup
Updated in rankings.

Also Puffles, you really shouldn't keep changing the osz filename. It is probably easier for you to track changes that way, but really eats into server space. This way you also don't have to post a new link each time - just refer people back to the link in your original post :D If you could follow this procedure in future, that would be great. Thanks!
Topic Starter
Puffles

eyup wrote:

Updated in rankings.

Also Puffles, you really shouldn't keep changing the osz filename. It is probably easier for you to track changes that way, but really eats into server space. This way you also don't have to post a new link each time - just refer people back to the link in your original post :D If you could follow this procedure in future, that would be great. Thanks!
I had to this time! Submitting a filename under the same name as one that's already ranked doesn't work. (If it did, you could EDIT: do really bad stuff that I shouldn't be posting in this thread to give people bad ideas about how to do bad stuff!)

...and if it is possible to do that... that's not good. :shock:
eyup
Yes, we'll have to keep quiet about that one, won't we...

Now that the secret's out, peppy needs to do that beatmap submission module quick smart
peppy
It was a secret? :P
LuigiHann

eyup wrote:

Now that the secret's out, peppy needs to do that beatmap submission module quick smart

That's it, I'm gonna replace every popular beatmap with Never Gonna Give You Up :lol:
Topic Starter
Puffles

LuigiHann wrote:

eyup wrote:

That's it, I'm gonna replace every popular beatmap with Never Gonna Give You Up :lol:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Agent cheiften
You Piece of bone! I can't beat it. You re-do it! And Besides, This isn't funny! Now if you'd excuse me. I'm off to delete your beatmap!
Agent cheiften
Peppy, Do something! This map is too hard to be 1-stared!
KinkiN
Don't bump old posts (beatmaps?) ._. It's already 6 years lol. whatever

You're playing a 6-years old beatmap, so it's natural if the beatmap is not suitable for new players and have a low standard.

Also, appreciate the creator of this beatmap. Maybe even you can't make a beatmap better than this map. If you don't like it, just delete it and boom! you have no more problems. No need to exaggerate things
Agent cheiften
That's it. New? take a look at my profile picture and guess who I am?
Hah, You guys are so stupid, sorry to say, but I gotta leave.

It's freaking stupid how this isn't slowpoke-passable. I don't want to see another trash beatmap. This site's too good to have scams and trick beatmap's.
Agent cheiften
Sorry Ma'am, But I done just that, I Just feel like swearing, This is Garbage. So I'm Actually quiet happy I threw it away!
Stefan

Agent cheiften wrote:

Sorry Ma'am, But I done just that, I Just feel like swearing, This is Garbage. So I'm Actually quiet happy I threw it away!
Because everyone with a female avatar is automatically female too. >Internet

There is no reason to let nonsense Nonsense here at a six years old Map. If you dislike it, don't play it. Respect the effort someone took at the Beatmap. And..

Agent cheiften wrote:

Being harsh isn't the way to act as someone new in the community.
KinkiN

Stefan wrote:

Agent cheiften wrote:

Because everyone with a female avatar is automatically female too. >Internet

There is no reason to let nonsense Nonsense here at a six years old Map. If you dislike it, don't play it. Respect the effort someone took at the Beatmap. And..

Agent cheiften wrote:

Being harsh isn't the way to act as someone new in the community.
I think we can't call it 'harsh'. It's more like childish?

No ofc you're not new player dude, i know that. What i mean 'NEW' players here are someone who play this game after 2011.

Agent cheiften wrote:

Sorry to broke your hope, but i'm male dude

okay stop posting further comments may cause a drama *popcorn*