forum

Darkening background video/image! [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
I just started playing osu! last night, and one thing that I just can't get over is how bright the backgrounds are; bright enough that notes blend into it and I often miss them (especially with semi-transparent themes).

Is this possible do to somehow? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything; if not I think this is an absolute must!
Randy96
No-video mod?
For background image, I don't know.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Dimming is already done to a generally acceptable level.
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
It's not a monitor brightness issue; I'm talking about making the background darker than the circles. xD

I noticed that it does dim the screen slightly when you need to start clicking, but not enough in songs that have a lot going on in the background video, imo.
anonymous_old
Try adjusting your gamma manually. Seems like your display's too bright.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Phyrearms
Using the Street Fighter IV theme with background videos turned on, I can't play any songs that I haven't played before because the notes are too difficult to see when they appear. An easier example would be on the Featured Video on the homepage, which also has a lot going on.

If not a way to darken the background, then possibly being able to set it as completely black would be just as good. Then, once users have a feel for where the notes are, they can turn the background on again and play it. Maybe it's just because I'm a new player to osu! (but not to beat games in general); I think it would be very helpful though.

Manually editing in a black background into one of the Idolm@ster songs made it significantly less confusing (on the Insane difficulty) the first few times I attempted it.
GladiOol
Delete Background, or either replace it.
If you think Background.jpg is to bright, replace it with another BG of your own, and rename it also to Background.jpg