forum

Accuracy questions (hit error and unstable rate calculation)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
boat
I've always assumed that the hit error was the total average. Is this the case?

Does it take sliders (drumrolls) into account?

I asked ephemeral if the hitwindows for taiko are the same as in standard. The answer I got was "probably". If you know for a fact if they are, then I'd appreciate it if you would let me know, if not then I'd like some information on what they are.

That is all. Thank you in advance.
XK2238
Hit error: indicator of your offsets in hitting, where: (earliest ~ latest)
Unstable rate: not really sure about this, but I think that the more precise you time your hits, the lower it goes

something like that
Topic Starter
boat
I am well aware of what it is, I just don't know for sure if it's a calculation of the total average or the highest/lowest recorded.

Although the former case is the most logical and seemingly the case here, I've yet to find any confirmation on it.

Please read the questions before you reply with gibberish, thank you.
Luna
I'm assuming the hit errors are the boundaries to an interval which contains X% of your hits. Like for example, 90% of your hits fall between -10ms and +12ms, the remaining 10% can be anywhere outside of that.
It definitely isn't the highest/lowest recorded since I get 100s on OD7 with hit errors of like +/-6, which would be enough for SS on even OD10.
Winshley
For Hit Error, it's "{average of all your early timing} ~ {average of all your late timing}". As for Unstable Rate, it calculate how unstable you are.

Let's take a 3-notes example (note that the Unstable Rate is just random number of mine. I don't know how it's calculated, but I know the reason why it could go high and low):

Case 1: +10ms, +10ms, +10ms - Hit Error: 0.00ms ~ +10.00ms - Unstable Rate = 0.00
Case 2: -10ms, +7ms, +10ms - Hit Error: -10.00ms ~ +8.50ms - Unstable Rate = 100.00
Case 3: -10ms, +1ms, +10ms - Hit Error: -10.00ms ~ +5.50ms - Unstable Rate = 55.00

I'm not sure whether drumrolls are taken into account, but we can investigate this by making a custom map.

(Yes, Hit Error is not your peak offtimed hit, but rather it averages your offtimed hits, dividing into 2 parts: early and late)