forum

Dodge the Beat [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Miek_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi

strager wrote:

Play with NoFail.

There's no reason for this, really...
I agree with strager.
Cyclone
Bullet Hell mode please (aka Touhou mode)
anonymous_old

Cyclone wrote:

MAHAHAHAHA.
Kitsunemimi

Cyclone wrote:

You're still fixed to the bottom of the playfield.
Gemi
peppy
I actually do see a point (in touhosu!) and it is on my personal list as a game mode I'd like to see in osu!. And yes, I'll make it work and work well :P.
Gemi

peppy wrote:

I actually do see a point (in touhosu!) and it is on my personal list as a game mode I'd like to see in osu!. And yes, I'll make it work and work well :P.
Apparently you must have something else in mind than using the CtB maps as is for this game mode?
adam2046
Torran

Cyclone wrote:

Support!
anonymous_old
RemmyX25

peppy wrote:

Yyaaaaaayyyy.

I look forward to this.
Mashley
Something like Mono mode in audiosurf? Also, peppy, that is pretty damn epic.
Nachy

peppy wrote:

Hooray!
Sleep Powder

peppy wrote:

lolololol :) Sounds unbelievably awesome
Ekaru
Sweet! ...Even though I don't play Touhou. I do like the occasional 2D shoot-em-up, however. I am also interested in how this will work. While we're at it, brb, buying a new pair of pants as preparation.
Ph0X
First think i though about when i saw this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nscP9QpXoFM
Wojjan

Cyclone wrote:

Sage
Seriously though, just keep it to dodging thing if you have to, don't add in one specific series. I am a huge fan of Mushihime, and I'm sure there is not going to be a mushihime mode to accompany touhou mode...
nooodl_old

Wojjan wrote:

huge fan of Mushihime

PS please add in a Cave Story mode because I'm sure there's a 10-odd amount of people here that like that game
Cyclone
Please refrain from posting completely offensive and rude things.

Mushihime-sama is of the same exact genre as Touhou. I simply said Touhou mode to begin with so people would get the point.
rust45

nooodl wrote:

PS please add in a Cave Story mode because I'm sure there's a 10-odd amount of people here that like that game
What was the point in adding this?

Anyway, the idea sounds awesome if it were implemented correctly.
Zatoichi
anonymous_old
nooodl_old

strager wrote:

sage
(y)

Also, I said that to prove how incredibly stupid it is to merge a different existing game with this one when it isn't even a rhythm game. Touhou? What the fuck.
Ephemeral
For the scoring system, wouldn't having the score increase per second but subject to a multiplier that increases by 1 (or 2) every second which resets when you hit a note be better than having negative score?

I wouldn't mind seeing this in, but I'm doubtful it'd get implemented.
Cyclone

nooodl wrote:

Also, I said that to prove how incredibly stupid it is to merge a different existing game with this one when it isn't even a rhythm game. Touhou? What the fuck.
So basically, since you can't imagine how it would play out, it must be an incredibly stupid idea, right? It's not like 2 genres have never merged before. It's just incredibly difficult to make something like that work. However, if anybody can pull it off, it's peppy. I do not wish for any argument to start from this, so i'm done here.

Also, nothing changes the fact how insulting your post was to at the very least Wojjan.
nooodl_old
Don't worry about it. Wojjan's my brother - I saw him making the post and burst into laughter because he honestly isn't a fan of Mushihime at all. (He only saw that one crazy youtube video of the final boss and it was the only other bullet hell shmup he could think of at the time, I guess.)

But basically, my point isn't that - I'm just wondering "why touhou?". Taiko's a fine rhythm game that needs a good PC clone, and I can sorta understand CtB (although I found even that a little silly), but crossing this game with a completely different game that's heavily story-based just seems like it wouldn't work.

Perhaps the point got across wrong - and the only support being made here is for generic bullet hell games like Touhou - but then still I don't get why you wouldn't just play that kind of thing. Rhythm won't change a lot to it.
Cyclone

nooodl wrote:

Perhaps the point got across wrong - and the only support being made here is for generic bullet hell games like Touhou

Cyclone wrote:

I simply said Touhou mode to begin with so people would get the point.
Though, if I wanted to, i could write up the story for touhou osu! in about 5 minutes.
Some incident that *may or may not be affecting anybody* causes player to set out to fix it.

Stage 1: Player wanders aimlessly wondering where to go.
Stage 2: Same
Stage 3: Player meets character that knows something relating to the incident at hand.
Stage 4: Player Arrives at Location.
Stage 5: Player fights 2nd in command.
Stage 6: Player fights culprit.
Ending: Tea Party with the bad guys.
Extra Stage: Player fights Main bad guy's relative/friend/nemesis.

It's pretty much a template for almost all Touhou games.

That being said, even though i personally don't know how something like this could be pulled off, that doesn't make me any less interested in seeing how it would be done.
FurukawaPan
I support Touhosu!

Come to think of it, this would have similar mechanics to the "Shooting" game in Rhythm Tengoku Gold? Except there would have to be some type of bullet-dodging mechanism.. hmm... anyway, if I see pretty floral patterns that require dodging and adversaries that must be shot to the beat, I will be quite happy :)
Torran

james039 wrote:

adversaries that must be shot to the beat
This makes me think of Rez
Nickiestyer
I support the Touhou + Osu! idea!

But I wonder though...will this mode still have the music involved, as a background, or you have to dodge the bullets according to the music? Either way, I like the idea. C:
adam2046

Cyclone wrote:

Someone's stealing all the cake.

Stage 1: Player wanders aimlessly wondering where to go.
Stage 2: Same
Stage 3: Player meets large meme entity.
Stage 4: Player Arrives at Location.
Stage 5: Player fights massive taiko drum.
Stage 6: Player fights Pippi.
Ending: Tea Party with the bad guys and cake.
Extra Stage:
peppy
Are you guys 8 years old? Oh wait, you probably are.

Act your age. Locked thread.